All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

11 Don't forget that you Gentiles used to be outsiders by birth. You were called "the uncircumcised ones" by the Jews, who were proud of their circumcision, even though it affected only their bodies and not their hearts. 12 In those days you were living apart from Christ. You were excluded from God's people, Israel, and you did not know the promises God had made to them. You lived in this world without God and without hope. 13 But now you belong to Christ Jesus. Though you once were far away from God, now you have been brought near to him because of the blood of Christ.
14 For Christ himself has made peace between us Jews and you Gentiles by making us all one people. He has broken down the wall of hostility that used to separate us. 15 By his death he ended the whole system of Jewish law that excluded the Gentiles. His purpose was to make peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new person from the two groups. 16 Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death, and our hostility toward each other was put to death. 17 He has brought this Good News of peace to you Gentiles who were far away from him, and to us Jews who were near. 18 Now all of us, both Jews and Gentiles, may come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us.

If you have ever felt separated, excluded, or hopeless, these verses are for you. (I know I have felt this way).

No one is alienated from Christ's love or from the body of believers.

Each of us are quilty of Spiritual Pride at one point or another.
Spiritual Pride blinds us to our own faults, and magnifies the faults of others.

Humbly thank God for what He has done, and encourage others who might be struggling with their faith.

Christ has destroyed the barriers people build between themselves. Because these walls have been removed, we can have real UNITY with people who are not like us.

Because of Christ's death we are all one; our hostility against eachother has been put to death; we can all have access to the Father by the Holy Spirit; we are no longer strangers or foreigners to God; and we are being built into a Holy Temple with Christ as our chief cornerstone.

Jhn 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Jhn 13:35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carla, you bring a tear to my eye and your words of reassurance will bring comfort to many.
Dearest Carla
Just to let you know that I loved your comment and would like to participate... Hope it is not too lengthy (if so kindly forgive me)...

Absolute Oneness and Peace in Christ:

Jesus himself is reported to have mentioned circumcision only once:

Jesus answered and said to them, "I did one work, and you all marvel.

"Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath.

"If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath?"

John 7 21-23

What is interesting is that he contrasts circumcision with healing, emphasising that circumcision is an injury, as well as an example of over-zealous law-keeping.

Circumcision was a big issue for the early church, because it meant the difference between Christianity being just a sect of Judaism or a whole new religion - and because adult Greeks especially were unwilling to undergo a painful operation to join the new sect.

And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved."...

And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.

"So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,

"And made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

"Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?"

"But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they."...

And after they had become silent, James answered, saying, "Men and Brethren, listen to me:...

...I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God,

But that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood....

They wrote this letter..."to the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia: Greetings.

"Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying 'You must be circumcised and keep the law' - to whom we gave no such commandment - ...

"... it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:

"That you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and, from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell."

So when they were sent off, they came to Antioch; and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the letter.

When they had read it, they rejoiced over its encouragement.

Acts 15:1... 7-11... 13...19-20,23-4,28-31

"...which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear" suggests that Peter and some of his hearers had belonged to a branch of Judaism that had already abandoned circumcision for at least a generation.

For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision is counted as uncircumcision.

Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?

And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?

For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;

But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision?

Much in every way! Chiefly because to them [the Jews] were committed the oracles of God.

Romans 2:25 -3:2

The reason given refers to the first version of the question ("What advantage then has the Jew?") far better than to the second ("what is the profit of circumcision?"). Circumcision is referred to only as a symbol of Judaism. Paul is convinced that the oracles of God will still be committed to Christians from now on, though they are not physically circumcised.

Since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith,

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Romans 3:30-31

The use of "through faith" (how the uncircumcised are justified) makes it clear that Paul believes Christians can establish the law without circumcising.

"Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin."

Does this blessedness then come upon the circumcised only, or upon the uncircumcised also? For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for righteousness.

How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also.

And the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of the faith which our father Abraham had while still uncircumcised.

For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 4:8-13

Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.

Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

I Corinthians 7:18-19

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.

And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justifed by law; you have fallen from grace.

For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

And so we can continue ad infinitum...

(Ad infinitum is a Latin phrase meaning "to infinity." In context, it usually means "continue forever)...

I end with prayer to strengthen each of us who desire to follow Jesus Christ:

Heavenly Father; in the holy name of your Son Jesus, crucified for my sins, and in the Love of the Holy Spirit, I come very humbly before you, with sorrow for my sins.
Lord Jesus crucified; I humbly speak to you and. I acknowledge that you suffered so much for me and for all, and that we are indebted to you forever.

Lord Jesus; I appreciate very much your sufferings for me and for the rest of humanity.
I thank you for saving me through your crushing pain, through your many wounds, through your tiredness and agony and through your Precious Blood shed with so much pain and love for us; through your difficulty to breath, through your sweat and tears, through your merciful patience, through every effort that you made and through your total offering for my sins and for the sins of the whole world.

Lord I complain sometimes when I have a little misfortune, a wound or when I am sick or tired, rejected, despised or prosecuted. But you were covered through your entire body with painful wounds; you were pierced with pain by the crown of thorns, you were stripped of your flesh by the scourging, you were insulted with terrible blasphemies, you were spat upon, you were humiliated, you were inflicted with new wounds; upon your wounded shoulder by the crushing weight of the cross, you were inflicted more wounds upon your wounds by the brutal stripping of your garments, you were pierced painfully by the nails on the cross, you were hanged upon the cross to bleed painfully to death, you suffered asphyxiation as you found it very painful to breathe, and yet your physical agony was only part of your suffering compared to your spiritual agony because you are God, and your holy soul was sorrowful unto death as you surrendered your life in exchange for our eternal life. Thank you that by this token you taught us TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I YOU LOVED THE WHOLE UNIVERSE... "And by this shall all men know that we are YOUR DISCIPLES!
Amen.
My very favorite words in the English language~Oneness & Peace in Christ.
Yes, we are accepted in the Beloved! As Ramona's beautiful, humble prayer reveals, we should never allow our petty differences to dishonor the terrible sacrifice that Jesus made to procure that Oneness, peace & acceptance of all His saints before Almighty God!

This is the passage of scripture the Lord gave me today:

"The end of all things is at hand; therefore be of sound judgement & sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one anither, because love covers a multitude of sins.
Be hospitable to one another without complaint. As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the uterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory & dominion forever & ever. AMEN" (1 Pet. 4:7-11.)
Thank you (humbly) Deborah Sue and be blessed. I would just like to add AMEN...

You are such a devout and beautiful Child of God... I am privileged to have you as a friend and you are cherished in cold, wintry, Heidelberg, South Africa.

Hugs and fond love to hubby and you
Ramona P.
Ramona,

Thank you for this very beautiful prayer. I am going to print it off. God Bless you.

I Praise God that you are here, and such a beautiful reflection of the Love of our precious Savour.

In His Love, Carla
Dearest Carla
Many thanks (humbly) for it is not I but the Lord that lays it on my heart to share... sometimes I can be a pain (long winded)... but I can never say too much about our GOD ALMIGHTY and how good he is to me... I am blessed to have you all as friends in Christ.
Amen
Ramona P.
Psalm 51

1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.

5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts [a] ;
you teach [b] me wisdom in the inmost place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.

9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.

14 Save me from bloodguilt, O God,
the God who saves me,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

15 O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.

AMEN
What more can i say??????????
1 Peter 2
1Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.
2Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

i really like the idea of being like new born babies who are so innocent with a full life ahead of them. And the idea of tasting something so refreshing like salvation
Dear Kamau
Your prayer is invigorating and inspiring... and yes, it is wonderful to want to be like new born babies... Unfortunately (smile) the innocence does not last long enough. I enjoyed my babies but even they could become "naughty" at times... but then they had someone to nurture them and teach them to stay on the path of righteousness. But all the above horrific sins do not exist in a baby : malice and deceit, hypocrisy, envy and slander of every kind... That is why I love babies and animals so much...

Fond love in Jesus
Ramona P.
A Wondrous Way of Prayer
First, just as I am –
Troubled and oppressed, hungry and thirsty, laden with cares
I will sit alone and be still realizing one truth –
The Holy Presence of the King of Love.
His Eternal Goodness surrounds me. In Him I live –
The breath of His Pure Spirit is upon me now.
In quietness
I open wide the windows of my soul to receive the riches of grace that come to me through my one Saviour – One Lord – One Master, Jesus Christ.
Welcome;
Spirit of Peace, now I can rest casting all my care upon You.
Come in. Light of the everlasting Gospel. Illumine my spirit to see
The New Creation laws of life at work in heaven and on earth now.
O Comforting Spirit,
Thank You for fresh assurance that I shall know the Lamb of God,
My Redeemer even as He knows me.
I know He loves me. I know He is increasing my love for Him.
Jesus, precious Jesus, I love You.
Forever I shall be a child of Your Love – perfected by Thee.
O Holy Spirit of Love,
Form in me now the Mind of Christ,
Clothe me in the righteousness of the Prince of Peace.
Quicken in me the Victory Spirit of The Cross
To endure all things,
By faith to overcome all things now and always.
Work in me now.
The gift of repentance and tears over this days sin and wickedness
And bring forth fruits of repentance acceptable to the Lamb.
Help me to release the Spirit of Forgiveness and Goodwill to all who have ever hurt me or hated me lest the blessings You gave yesterday I lose through pride today.
O Spirit of Unity thank you that now I am one in spirit with all my brothers and sisters who are seated together with Christ.
I believe
I am now in communion with
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
I believe I am now in communion with the saints and angels and
The mystical Body of Christ.
Only now am I attuned to the Will of God.
Only now can I do the works of Christ.
All things are now ready.
The Feast of Love,
The Power of the Kingdom,
And the Glory that is Christ’s alone
I now share and enjoy with others everywhere.
By faith I see the flood of blessings for this one and that one.
Go forth to accomplish the purposes of God.
I picture wholeness, health and salvation for those I love and all others placed by the Spirit upon my heart – His burden for them.
Mine own cares slip away in the out-flowing stream of compassion for my neighbour.
Deep in the Spirit I am completely refreshed.
My joy is full – my cup runneth over.
In these few moments of waiting upon my God in secret
Ministering spirits of angels have done Christ’s bidding ordering my affairs, attending to my needs. Unfolding new paths of peace.
I am dead unto sin and alive unto Christ.
This absolutely beautiful also. I am going to print this one up too.

Thank you so much Mom.
I absolutely agree with Carla - this is amazing and says it all!
Fond love in Jesus
Ramona P.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service