All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Proverbs 31:10
The most well known point in Scripture regarding the Virtuous Women.
What does this mean in our everyday lives?

Pro 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far above rubies.

Pro 31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

Pro 31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

Pro 31:13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

Pro 31:14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

Pro 31:15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

Pro 31:16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

Pro 31:17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

Pro 31:18 She perceiveth that her merchandise [is] good: her candle goeth not out by night.

Pro 31:19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

Pro 31:20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

Pro 31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household [are] clothed with scarlet.

Pro 31:22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing [is] silk and purple.

Pro 31:23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

Pro 31:24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth [it]; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

Pro 31:25 Strength and honour [are] her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue [is] the law of kindness.

Pro 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

Pro 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband [also], and he praiseth her.

Pro 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

Pro 31:30 Favour [is] deceitful, and beauty [is] vain: [but] a woman [that] feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

Pro 31:31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

God calls us to be women of Virtue!

noun 1. moral excellence; goodness; righteousness.
2. conformity of one's life and conduct to moral and ethical principles; uprightness; rectitude.

natural virtue
–noun
(esp. among the scholastics) any moral virtue of which humankind is capable, esp. the cardinal virtues: justice, temperance, prudence, and fortitude.

theological virtue
–noun
one of the three graces: faith, hope, or charity, infused into the human intellect and will by a special grace of God.

1Pe 3:1 In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands, even those who refuse to accept the Good News. Your godly lives will speak to them better than any words. They will be won over
1Pe 3:2 by watching your pure, godly behavior.
1Pe 3:3 Don't be concerned about the outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes.
1Pe 3:4 You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
1Pe 3:5 That is the way the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They trusted God and accepted the authority of their husbands.

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carla, I find the Notes in my NLT Study Bible on this chapter, very good and helpful for me.

Study Notes from Proverbs 31:10-31 Proverbs has a lot to say about women. How fitting that the book ends with a picture of a woman of strong character, great wisdom, many skills, and great compassion.

Some people have the mistaken idea that the ideal woman in the Bible is retiring, servile, and entirely domestic. Not so! This woman is an excellent wife and mother. She is also a manufacturer’ importer, manager, realtor, farmer. Seamstress, upholsterer, and merchant. Her strength and dignity do not come from her amazing achievements, however. They are a result of her reverence for God. In our society, where physical appearance counts for so much, it may surprise us to realize that her appearance is never mentioned. Her attractiveness comes entirely from her character.

The woman described in this chapter has outstanding abilities. Her family’s social position is high. In fact, she may not be one woman at all – she may be a composite portrait of ideal womanhood. Do not see her as a model to imitate in every detail; your days are not long enough to do everything she does! See her instead as an inspiration to be all you can be. We can’t be just like her, but we can learn from her industry, integrity, and resourcefulness.

Notes from Proverbs 31:31 The Book of Proverbs begins with the command to fear the LORD. (1:7) and ends with the picture of a woman who fulfills this command. Her qualities are mentioned throughout the book: hard work, fear of God, respect for spouse, foresight, encouragement, care for others, concern for the poor, wisdom in handling money. These qualities, when coupled with fear of God, lead to enjoyment, success, honour, and worth. Proverbs is practical for us because it shows how to become wise, make good decisions, and live according to God’s ideal.
Hi Mom,

This is most encouraging...

"In fact, she may not be one woman at all – she may be a composite portrait of ideal womanhood. Do not see her as a model to imitate in every detail; your days are not long enough to do everything she does! See her instead as an inspiration to be all you can be. We can’t be just like her, but we can learn from her industry, integrity, and resourcefulness".

When reading through the P31 it is interesting that certain verses do stand out more than others. Perhaps those are the indivual strengths that God has given to us, or what He is working in us to achieve.

Thanks Mom.

Love you, Carla
The reward of being a virtuous woman. First, be impressed with the fact that God's woman is a woman of real power. Which is more far reaching: to work primarily at a secular career and promote a company in providing some often whimsical product or contributing to the very foundation of society and mankind itself, the family? Herein is power! Too often great women go unnoticed and without praise. Not so with the godly woman of our text. We read: "Her children arise up, and call her blessed, her husband also and he praiseth her" and "Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates" (v.28:31). Appreciate the fact that the wife has personal recognition, "let her own works rise her in the gates." What a statement, especially when viewed in the Jewish setting in which it is made!

However, with our extremely busy schedule in our specific time we would feel that we do not achieve what the virtuous woman of the Biblical time has achieved. I am sure our husbands and children also do not expect us to do all those things. (I have two left hands in any event)... But if a woman is a loving and devoted mother and wife and a true Christ Follower she will lead her children with truth and honour to the Lord and her husband will love her for her dedication.

Beloved, above and beyond all praise, recognition, and joy of this earth, heaven is the ultimate reward for God's people (Matt.5:12). We need more women today who are seeking to emulate the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31 and not Hollywood's version of the successful woman. God's woman is of real substance and lasting quality and will offer important contributions to herself, family, and society as whole. MAY THEIR TRIBE INCREASE!

FOND LOVE TO ALL OUR CHRIST FOLLOWING MOTHERS AND WIVES (AND PRAYERS IN ABUNDANCE FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT SAVED)...
RAMONA P.
Ramona,

I cannot believe you can type such a beautiful message with two left hands. lol... Nope, I don't believe it for a minute...

Thanks for being an inspiration to so many here, and a mighty woman of God. I join in your abundant prayers for the lost. May your tribe increase, and may your children rise up and call you blessed.

Blessings,
MaryAnn
Ms. Jacobsz

Thank you for your beautifully eloquent contribution to this conversation. I admire you as a women who courageously follows the Lord, with the gentle, quiet spirit which is so appealing to the Lord.

God Bless you.
With Love in Christ, Carla
Hi Carla
Many thanks my dear. You are sooo welcome and be blessed. Do take the liberty of calling me Ramona. Ms Jacobsz sounds so formal!

Love you my dear
Blessings in Jesus
Ramona P.
Yes....Ramona!

SmileyCentral.com
Thank you dear Carla and Family
God bless you and good night!
Love
Ramona P.
I wrote this in 2000, to honor all the faithful women of God in my life:

A FAITHFUL WOMAN~

A woman faithful in the Lord is awesome to behold.
In the sight of those who know thw Truth,
her value is as purest gold.
For any task the Father lays on her is a challenge
she's equal to~ for she knows that by His Spirit,
there's nothing she & God can't do.
She loves beyond her human limits
and imparts His grace where 'ere she goes.
She remembers her Strength in times of weakness,
and Who carries her in vallies low.
Treasure she pours into other young hearts.
from the abundance of her own.
The nature of her Beloved grows,
from the seeds that she has sown.
In heaven there is a glow of blessings
spoken of her name,
but her grateful heart can only sing &
of her Savior's Love proclaim!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service