All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

IF GOD CALLED ON YOU AND WANTED YOU TO GO AND PREACH THE WORD IN A CERTAIN COUNTRY FOR A CERTAIN TIME LEAVING FAMILY BEHIND FOR AWHILE,WOULD YOU!!!!1

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If it is God making the call and I am surrendering to Him daily, the only choice is submission to His will. Therefore, the answer is "yes" to where ever He leads.

Lord Bless,
LT
Good question Marie,
A question that sorts the part-time followers from true disciples of Christ. Jesus told the rich young ruler, "Go, sell all that you have & give it to the poor & come follow Me. Then you will have riches in heaven." Then the Bible says the young man went away very sad, because he had great wealth.
It would be a hard decision, but yes, I would go. I'm not my own, I was bought with a price! The precious blood of Christ. Right now, I assume the Lord would want my husband & I to go as a team, because we are one flesh in Christ. I have gone to Thailand & So. Africa without my husband for just a few weeks at a time, but if it were for months or years or an indefinte period of time, I'm pretty sure we'd have to go together. I would still be leaving grown children, grandchildren & a wonderful church family. Leaving stuff, house, funiture, memoribilia, that would be easy, cause we've done a lot of that. I enjoy comforts as much as the next person, but I could not deny My Beloved anything He wanted of me. It would break my heart to say 'no' to the great adventure of serving Him!
Eyes i will go and preach the gosple to people in any country.
Hi Marie, I know you posted this some time ago, but is never to late to share God's love and grace. My wife and I got such a call from the Lord in Sept 2007. Until that point we lived a comfortable life mostly allocating the last 5 minutes of our day to the Lord, just before (or even while) falling asleep. The Lord made us realise that we were so busy in the world and planning "our" lives that we fitted God around our schedule.

In Sept 2007 both of us heard the Lord's call to go to the ends of the earth. We immediately got hold of a missionary organisation (SIM - Serving In Mission) and applied with them. We hoped to get on the plane almost the next day, but the Lord knows best and so I (Stephan) had to first do one year of Theological studies and my wife (Corne) one year of child evangelism studies. We are in the process of support raising at the moment. We are very thankful for the period of preparation and will soon leave for Cotahuasi, Peru, to work among the Quechua Indians. The Lord came and changed our hearts overnight to realise there are people out there who have never heard the Gospel even once and here we are having heard it all of our lives and not doing anyting with it. Our missionary organisation requires that one has 100% of the required monthly support commitment in place before they will send you. We currently have raised 58% of our support and are praying for more people to get involved.

Here is a link to the need in the Cotahuasi Canyon to where we have been called:
http://www.sim.org/index.php/content/deep-need-in-cotahuasi

If you know of any churches or individuals that may have a heart for missions will you please let us know so we can pass on more information to them.

I'm just curious, did you hear God's calling or why did you ask this question?

Blessings

Stephan & Corne

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service