All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Mat 5:13
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

What are the necessary Elements to Being Christian?

What does God want from us?
He wants us to be Conformed to the Image of Jesus Christ!

What does the Clothing of Jesus look like?

Mat 5:3 Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:4 Blessed [are] they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Mat 5:5 Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Mat 5:6 Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Mat 5:7 Blessed [are] the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Mat 5:8 Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Mat 5:9 Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Mat 5:10 Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

We all fall short! We all fail at times.

But God has promised:
Phl 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ.

There are many times when we are faced with our shortcomings. When we feel incomplete, unfinished, or distressed by our shortcomings, remember God's promise and provision. We must not let our present condition rob us of the Joy of knowing Christ or keep us from growing.

Ask God for Wisdom and Discernment in all things! Submit to Him in all things!

Views: 599

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are several ways of approaching this question. One could think of the Armor of God. One could think of being sanctified. All good thoughts, but I like to think of it this way:

Covered by Jesus blood, filled with the Holy Spirit and guided by the Word of God.

Three verses stick out for me:
God is not done with me:
"... being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6 (NIV)
(If I were to choose a life verse for me, Philippians 1:6 is it)

We are not to give up, but must press on:
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 (NIV)

He is our hope:
"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27 (NIV)

I also like Romans 8 and seeing what God has to say about a person surrendered to Him compared to one of the world.

Lastly, when I am down, I always read the book of Colossians, which is the greatest book of encouragement. It guides us to take our sight of our struggles and to focus on Jesus.

Lord Bless,
LT
Carla,
This was a very good discussion question.
I love the idea that we are to 'put on' or be clothed with Christ!

CLOTHING VERSES:

1 Peter 3:2 "And let not your ADORNMENT be merely external; braiding the hair, wearing of gold jewery or the putting on of apparel, but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle & quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of the Lord."

1 Peter 3:2 "You younger men, likewise be subject to your elders and all of you, CLOTHE yourselves with humility towards one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

Proverbs 31:25 & 26 "Strength & dignity are her CLOTHING, & she smiles at the future. She opens her mouth with wisdom and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."

Col. 3:12 "And so, as those who have been chosen of God, holy & beloved, PUT ON a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, bearing with one another & forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone, just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. And beyond these things, PUT ON love, which is the perfect bond of UNITY."

{And this one I love, because it gives a picture of our future & shows us what we must be doing now.}~

Revelations 19:8 "And it was given her, (the Bride of Christ) to CLOTHE herself in fine linen, bright & clean, for the fine linen is the RIGHTEOUS ACTS of the saints."

I also agree that we must stand fast, clothed in the whole armor of God against the wiles of the enemy, taking up the shield of faith, the sword of the Spirit, (the Word of God) & praying in the Spirit, using the weapon of all-prayer for all men everywhere. For we wrestle not against flesh & blood...
Hello Deborah,

Your Response brought to mind this beautiful prayer of St. Patrick.

The Prayer of St. Patrick

I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;
Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of the wind,
Depth of the sea,
Stability of the earth,
Firmness of the rock.

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's hosts to save me
Afar and anear,
Alone or in a mulitude.

Christ shield me today
Against wounding
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I rise up,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today
Through the mighty strength
Of the Lord of creation

Amen.
Thankyou, that spoke to me in a powerful way! (& not just because I'm part Irish & into poety & prose.) That was the Lord.
Amen! This is a powerful prayer, and not to be prayed lightly.

This is part 1...(of 5 I think)
This video is what prompted this discussion!
I will post the other parts of the video also.
I look forward tot he rest of the videos.

Lord Bless,
LT
Hi everyone! That prayer of St.Patrick would be a good one to pray every morning. Just in case you don’t have enough to pray. LOL.

Interesting this topic of being ‘Salt’ has also come up for me recently, and I have ordered a book based on Christ’s Sermon on the Mount teaching how to be salt…and not lose our saltiness.

In Chapter Six, Dr. Luke tells us about the upcoming joys awaiting us when we trust and obey HIM ‘Then Jesus turned to His disciples and said: God blesses you who are poor, for the Kingdom of God is yours. God blesses you who are hungry now, for you will be satisfied. God blesses you who weep now, for in due time you will laugh. What blessings await you when people hate you and exclude you and mock you and curse you as evil because you follow the Son of Man. When that happens, be happy! Yes, leap for joy! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, their ancestors treated the ancient prophets that same way.’ (Luke 6:20-22) NLT.

Did you get that?
When that happens, be happy!
Yes, leap for joy!
For a great reward awaits you in heaven.

These declarations of blessedness are the joys of heaven, and set forth the qualities that should characterize us, as Jesus’ disciples.

LT that verse you quoted is special to me, because that is exactly what my missionary friend, Avis in Peru, said to me right after Carla got saved, that ‘God would complete the good work He started in Carla.’ It certainly comforted me at the time, as the warfare around her was so fierce. That was less than 2 years ago…and God has certainly been leading and guiding her.

A prayer: Lord, as we continue to seek You, more and more deeply, we praise YOU for who You are, our indescribable amazing Master. We love YOU so much LORD. Thank You for how you are working in all of us, through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen!
Good word, Mary Ann.

Amen,
LT

Part 2.

Part 3

Part 4

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service