All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Can anyone give me the breakdown of whatis seasonal spiritual warfare,I've read it on another discussion. Thank You

Views: 379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll take a crack at explaining what I have experienced, although there are those who know a lot more than I do. First of all, we are always in a war. When we are born-again into the kingdom of God, we've enlisted in God's army. Read the book of Ephesians. It talks about that our enemies are not flesh & blood, but they are Satan, his demons, principalities, evil rulers in heavenly places, etc. We must have the armor of God on at all times. More than some mystical thing, what this armor really boils down to, (in my understanding of the Word) is the revelation of 'what God has done for you & who you are in Christ!' You may have already known all that.
The 'seasons' usually come when you, either personally, as a family or as a corporate local church body start moving forward & taking 'ground' spiritually from the enemy. It may be a new area of obedience that you are moving into. It may be a new area of ministry, a new truth you've just had your eyes opened to for your marriage or children that needs to become part of your lifestyles. Your church may be moving more into a public arena. All these things will bring resistance from Satan's camp! These are the times you need to be extra aware & alert to the schemes of the enemy, to trip you up, bring division or cause you to stumble! It's time to ask for prayer, be united in prayer & be asking God to wake you up to pray when others you know might be 'under attack'. I'm not trying to scare or over-whelm you. If you are a new Christian, God's grace is extra-strong in covering you, but He does want you to grow stronger. Submitting your whole self to God the Father is the first & best warrior stance! God's ways are different than ours. In God's Kingdom, the way up is down, to humble yourself before Him.I hope this has helped answer your question a little. Hopefully others will jump in with more scriptures & explainations! God bless you dear!
Yes, that's true.
I struggled the last 20 yrs when I accept Christ in 1987. I was praying idols at teenage, following the norm at that time.
I soon realized there was nothing much in just burning incense 24 hours...
The evils fought back, amid my weakness in Bible knowledge.
I always have Jesus to thank for at end of the evil lusts. Jesus has the Way, He made me re-united with my wife.
Last July, the Satan yelled at me, and did his old tricks as usual.
I know I am still weak and growing in Christ.
Now I am stronger, half the battle is won when hudsband and wife are together in Christ. My wife also converted last May.
His words is our refuge and armor to this spiritual warfare.

Matthew 4:4
My beautiful sister of Zion that I must say is an awesome way of instructing spiritual warfare, I did not know that the attacks includes when your church body is growing because ours is definitely going full speed ahead. One other thing that was of some interest(sleeping) restless thru the night not stressed I'm blessed to almost be living a Debt free life by his grace and mercy. I don't know if deep down I'm still pondering on my Husband (we are currently seperated since March 08)(even feeling joyfully and at peace with myself) or maybe others I know are under attack and the father is waking me thru the night maybe is a sign to get up and pray for them during the attacks? Anyway I like the way you broke it down and gave me more meanings to Spirtual Warfare. Be Blessed you and yours.
Ephesians 6:10-1810 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
We are strong in the power of His might(not our strength, but His)
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
To stand up against the attacks of the devil we need the ( whole )armor of God
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
We are not battling a physical enemy and we can't do battle with earthly weapons.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole amour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Once again we are instructed to have the full armor of God. There is a time of spiritual warfare which is the evil day. Once you have overcome all obstacles, you will be able to stand your ground. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Let us look at the armor;
Belt of Truth-Jesus in us is the truth
Breastplate of Righteousness- Jesus in us makes us righteous
Gospel of Peace- Jesus in us gives us Peace
Shield of Faith-Jesus in us gives us faith
Helmet of Salvation-Jesus in us is our salvation.
Sword of the Spirit-The word of God which we have believed and proclaim.
Prayer- This where all our battles are won our lost. We are battling lies that Satin is constantly trying to get us to believe. The battle ground is in the mind.
It is in our relationship with God that we find victory over all the power of the enemy.

Yes We will deal with different battles at different times, but in Christ we are more than victors.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service