All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Grace makes three Proclamations.

First, only God can forgive any godlessness...
Second, only God can judge my neighbour...
Third, I must accept who God accepts...

Easier said than done.

God has enlisted us in His navy and placed us on His ship.
The boat has one purpose--to carry us safely to the other shore.

This is no Cruise Ship; It's a Battleship.

We aren't called to a life of leisure; we are called to a life of service. Each of us has a different task.

Some, concerned with those who are drowning, are snatching people from the water.

Others are occupied with the enemy, so they man the cannons of prayer and worship.

Still others devote themselves to the crew, feeding and training the crew members.

Though different, we are the same. Each can tell of a personal encounter with the Captain, for each has received a personal call.
He found us among the shanties of the seaport and invited us to follow Him...

Though the battle is fierce, the boat is safe, for our Captain is God. The ship will not sink. For that there is no concern.

There is concern, however, regarding the disharmony of the crew.

Unity creates belief. Disunity fosters disbelief. Who wants to board a ship of bickering sailors? Life on the ocean may be rough, but at least the waves don't call us names...Could it be that unity is the key to reaching the world for Christ!

~Devotional by Max Lucado.

Study Guide

Read Ephesians 4:2-6, 31-32

*List some things that cause tension and disharmony among Christians.
*How has your personal encounter with God changed the way you relate to others?
*What kinds of desagreements cause people to give up on their relationships?
*Describe in practical terms what it means for Christians to live in unity.
*How does receiving God's Grace enable us to practice Christian unity and Love?
*Why is it often more challenging to Love the people closest to us?
*What can people outside of the church learn from the way believers get along?
*If we are the army of Christ, what does division among the ranks cost us?

Study Guide and questions by Max Lucado.

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carla,
The prayer vigil is an excellant idea! i'll start praying for strategy. What a powerful key to break through the enemies strongholds!
Anything I can do to help Carla, please let me know. Deborah
there can be a set date and time,to notify all our friends,And also there is a free program,(Windows live has just starting their own; but theirs costs 2 cents a minute to do it ) SKYPE is free, and you can conference call up to 49/50 people @ the same time. (just a suggestion)
Now you're talking!!! Thanks for being who you are in Christ! Our prayers are with you.
Whoohoo! Yeay God!!!
Our faith-filled prayers create platforms & springboards for the next generation! (Not that we older ones just stand around & cheer.) We must keep building the walls and bridges, without laying aside our weapons! Bless you sister, for your timely Word & encouragement!
I love your enthusiasm and I couldn't agree more. I too am praying for a strategy on how we can make this thing work.

We love our KING, and want HIS best for our countries!

>>This is no Cruise Ship; It's a Battleship.

Excellent illustration.

".... Holy Father, keep them through your name which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are. .... Not for these only do I pray, but for those also who believe in me through their word, that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me. The glory which you have given me, I have given to them; that they may be one, even as we are one; I in them, and you in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that you sent me, and loved them, even as you loved me." (John 17:11, 20-23)

Now I beg you, brothers, through the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfected together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been reported to me concerning you, my brothers, by those who are from Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you. Now I mean this, that each one of you says, "I follow Paul," "I follow Apollos," "I follow Cephas," and, "I follow Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul? (1 Cor. 1:10-13)

.... insofar as there is jealousy, strife, and factions among you, aren't you fleshly, and don't you walk in the ways of men? For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," aren't you fleshly? Who then is Apollos, and who is Paul, but servants through whom you believed; and each as the Lord gave to him? I planted. Apollos watered. But God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. (1 Cor. 3:3-7)

Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours, whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come. All are yours, and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's. (1 Cor. 3:21-23)

Walk worthily of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and humility, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love; being eager to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph. 4:1-3).

He gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, shepherds and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, to the work of serving, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God ... (Eph. 4:11-13)

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service