All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Grace makes three Proclamations.

First, only God can forgive any godlessness...
Second, only God can judge my neighbour...
Third, I must accept who God accepts...

Easier said than done.

God has enlisted us in His navy and placed us on His ship.
The boat has one purpose--to carry us safely to the other shore.

This is no Cruise Ship; It's a Battleship.

We aren't called to a life of leisure; we are called to a life of service. Each of us has a different task.

Some, concerned with those who are drowning, are snatching people from the water.

Others are occupied with the enemy, so they man the cannons of prayer and worship.

Still others devote themselves to the crew, feeding and training the crew members.

Though different, we are the same. Each can tell of a personal encounter with the Captain, for each has received a personal call.
He found us among the shanties of the seaport and invited us to follow Him...

Though the battle is fierce, the boat is safe, for our Captain is God. The ship will not sink. For that there is no concern.

There is concern, however, regarding the disharmony of the crew.

Unity creates belief. Disunity fosters disbelief. Who wants to board a ship of bickering sailors? Life on the ocean may be rough, but at least the waves don't call us names...Could it be that unity is the key to reaching the world for Christ!

~Devotional by Max Lucado.

Study Guide

Read Ephesians 4:2-6, 31-32

*List some things that cause tension and disharmony among Christians.
*How has your personal encounter with God changed the way you relate to others?
*What kinds of desagreements cause people to give up on their relationships?
*Describe in practical terms what it means for Christians to live in unity.
*How does receiving God's Grace enable us to practice Christian unity and Love?
*Why is it often more challenging to Love the people closest to us?
*What can people outside of the church learn from the way believers get along?
*If we are the army of Christ, what does division among the ranks cost us?

Study Guide and questions by Max Lucado.

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right on sister!
We'll never win the battles if we are engaged in bickering & 'friendly fire'!
Good Morning Carla,
Your illustration of a Battleship and crew is excellent.
Regarding Christian Unity, it does not exist at present.
Yes! We go to Church and support both church and community.
But as for the Church being a beacon light to the world, Forget it.
Here in S. Africa we used to have a Bible lesson every morning
on the Radio at 10h00. When TV came it continued.
Now these programs have been relegated to 5am on certain mornings only. This has been accomplished in order to keep Christians quiet and the loud and controlling voice of Unbelievers happy.
Christianity is slowly being downgraded in every field all over the world to a Backseat.

I have read that the Bible is Banned in Colorado. Can this be true?
Surely not. Homosexuality, Abortions, Same sex marriages, where is
or was the Church when these laws were introduced and promulgated?
Has the Church lost it's voice? What is the problem? Where is the voice of the Church?
The problem is lack of Christian Unity. We are a divided population and
the division has made it difficult for the Church to speak with one voice.
If Colorado has been successful in banning the Bible, then be sure, Colorado is not alone. There are many states that will follow Colorado's example.
My question remains. "Where is our Unity and where is the voice of the Church?"

In order to speak in Unity, the Church throughout every state and country needs to gather itself as a single body in order to speak with one voice. How can this be accomplished?

Perhaps we have the very tools on our doorstep to start the project of
"CHRISTIAN UNITY"? How so?

Take AAG as an example. AAG has gathered a group of Christian Believers into a Unified group. Is it not possible to use a similar platform, where Christians are invited to submit their names to form a single Christian voice, demanding "Let My People Go" when it becomes necessary, yet speaking with the authority given to it by thousands of Christians, instead of 50 lonely voices crying in the wilderness?

Here comes a fact. If Christians do not create some form of Unification to stand against the onslaught the church is experiencing, we will lose and be wiped out.
Please don't write in and tell me that God is in Control. God is in control when we are prepared to stand up and be counted. Why should God show concern for a "Mamby Pamby" who spends a four minute prayer to God when ever he or she remembers that there is a need to ask God for a Favour?

To leave this Post, believing that a point has been made concerning disunity, would be wrong. The correct way to sign off here is to ask EVERYONE at AAG
"HOW CAN WE GO ABOUT OR START A COUNTRY WIDE UNIFICATION OF ALL CHRISTIANS. HOW CAN WE MAKE IT THE BEST AND THE MOST EXCITING IDEA SINCE THE DISCOVERY OF BUBBLE GUM AND COCA COLA? Christians your input is sorely needed and I thank all of you now, in full expectation of getting excellent feedback.
Your Brother and Friend in Christ - Ron
I looked into the Bible being banned in Colorado. The state passed a bill SB200 that gives lawmakers the authority to ban any literature that speaks negatively towards homosexuality and therefore the Bible can come under attack if the law stands. There are some groups that plan to challenge the lawa nd try to get it overturned, based on what I read.

Lord Bless,
LT
Thank you LT,
One would think that the authorities would say: "Why ban a book that
raises the morals of a country?" Again the need for the unity.
How did you find the Jerusalem Chronicles - The newspaper from the past?
Have a good day and be blessed.
Ron
While, SB200 was a stupid bill that became a ridulous law, it doesn't overtly ban the Bible, it bans material in public places that speak against homosexuality and allows "transgender" individuals to use public washroom facilities of the opposite sex among other insane provisions.

Christians did speak out here, but money talks louder. Tim Gill, a multimillionaire homosexual activist had Colorado governor Bill Ritter in his back pocket. Gill and his buddies are using their millions thoughout Colorado and elsewhere to buy influence in numerous statehouses across America and to elect politicians sympathetic to their agenda. They are very influential on the local level where their big money gets them more bang for the buck.

While SB200 doesn't ban the Bible, it is a crowbar that liberal courts, media and politicians will use to try to keep prying open the crack in the dam that is holding back the floodwaters of immorality.
I happen to believe this AAG site IS building a lot of unity among believers and connecting Christian from all over the globe! I believe the Lord is using it to raise awareness of the suffering, persecution & injustice toward our brothers & sisters in other countries. I believe that people who have never found their voice for Christ are starting to pour forth the treasure in their hearts to cause the Kingdom of God to advance. I believe God is stirring hearts to burn with the passion & zeal that He originally intended for His chuch to have! I believe godly men WILL rise up to be statesmen & mouthpieces for God & be strong, yet tender fathers in the Church. I believe that woman of God will find their voices, be bold & fearless prayer warriors & declares of Truth! I believe the Babes in Christ will be nurtured, discipled & trained up for God. I believe in prayer, I believe in unity, I believe in the Body of Christ & I believe that God is up to something much bigger than we can imagine!!! Why else are we here?!
Hi Deb
Are these beliefs, future or past tense? They cannot be present tense, because Christians are presently being delegated to the Back seats and being told in rather plain language that we are not wanted. Sadly our lack of unity against their united front gives them the right of way.
Unfortunately they are taking full advantage of our negligence.
I understand what you are saying, I really do! But I can not live my life with hopelessness according to just the things I see with my natural eyes! There are battles going on in the heavenly realm. I'm not engaging in make believe. I'm not saying, "Well, the world's a hopeless mess, so I'll just hide in my prayer closet & concentrate on being 'spiritual'. Prayer is not a 'sour grapes', 'I don't want to play this game, take my ball & go home' kind of thing with me!
My faith is NOW! MY hope is in the future. My past I count as loss. I serve a BIG God, who takes down thrones & powers, who makes a way where there is NO way! Who lifts the needy off the ash heap & sets them with Kings to rule & counsel. Who gives a rat's ass as to whether the world's system wants us or not?! If you can't get through the front door, God can give a strategy to climb through the window. Yes, the darkness is getting darker, so the light must arise & shine, brighter & brighter until the coming of Day! Don't confess disunity because of what you see. Work at buiding it around you & being a carrier of the Presense of Almighty God! I know I sound like an idealist in an ivory tower, but I assure you, I am paying the price for what I believe.
Yes our Captain is Good. The time has come for Christians everywhere to ‘be a voice’ to stand up and make our voices heard, to call government leaders and educate ourselves on the things being discussed and the bills being voted on.

There is a young lady in Canada who is doing just this. Her name is Faytene Kryskow. She reminds me of ‘Joan of Arc’. She is working hard to reap a harvest on a variety of fronts, and has written a book ‘Stand on Guard’ and is working on a 2nd book entitled ‘Faith that subdues nations’, to be published in early Spring, 2009.

Faytene has a team of 8 including herself that have set up a base and are working full-time in Ottawa, our nation’s capital. Most have raised their own financial support to serve on the front lines in Canada impacting government, national media, raising up a mass national prayer movement, and preaching the gospel with passion.

Faytene’s words: ‘God looks for a landing pad to pour out His answers to our prayers. I can say with boldness, He has found a landing pad in the lives of these young people and I am so honoured to get to run with them this summer.’

There are 5 CRY’s planned in Canada this year, the first in just a few weeks. A CRY is an international call to prayer and fasting and crying out to God. We can see God’s Divine Timing in this event. The CRY on August 23rd will land right between TheCall USA, TheCall Indonesia (the largest Muslim nation in the world) and TheCall France (the global bed of secular humanism) None of this was intentionally co-ordinated. It is clear that God is not only up to something in Canada, but globally as well!! The day will begin on the Quebec side (in Quebec only 3% are Christian) of the Ottawa River. The Ambassador of Israel, several MPs, First Nations, Metis and Unuit leaders, as well as key national prayer and worship leaders will be with them at various parts of the day. In the 2nd part of the day they will do a unity prayer march, lead by the First Peoples, across the bridge that connects Quebec and Ottawa and descend on the Peace Tower for another prayer/worship strike. In the evening they will finish in Jacques Cartier park with prayer, worship and a special commissioning of the younger generation to stand for righteousness in Canada. This day has the power to write a significant page in our national history.

There has been tangible new hope in the First Nations communities since the First Nations Apology on Parliament Hill on June 11th this year...such a tangible piece of evidence that when the church prays God listens. The 4 MY Canada Team impacted Israel when they went there. 3 Israeli Messianic youth, due to some political dynamics, it is very hard for these young believers to get an audience with their government leaders on their own. Faytene and the team had favour to meet with the Members of the Knesset because they are Canadian who have influence with the Government in Canada. Their influence created a haven and platform for these Israeli young adults to express their voice. This was amazing given the fact that Rev. 22:2, our destiny is to bring healing to the nations.

BUT JESUS… We would be incredibly amiss if we did not give glory to God for the individual lives that have been impacted. God is an amazing multi-tasker. They have seen the Holy Spirit drawing people to Salvation, set them on fire, and heal them in amazing ways. It is awesome to see God moving like this.

We all have a voice, and can write letters, send e-mails, sign petitions and let our leaders know our stand. We do what we can, but the battle is not ours, but God's. We are victorious. We must fight from our position in CHRIST. God has placed us there. In HiM we have power and authority, and we look to HIM for the victory. Keep fighting. Keep the faith!!!
Thank you MaryAnn,
This was just what I need and I believe that it is also what God wants.
Even If I can simply gather names and email addresses in order to
notify them when an unbiblical law is going to be put before
governing bodies, or when a large voice is needed to correct a law.
Each Member could be sent an explanation of what the new law is and why Christians won't accept it. They could then write in to a given address stating their dissatisfaction.
Would it not be nice if 7000 emails arrived for the attention of the
governing body XYZ, all on the same day. Followed by a group of Christian Representatives of the 7000 emails, shortly thereafter. I am also certain that if the Christian Unity gains momentum, there would surely be a couple of legal guys amongst them.
A noble dream? I don't think so. I have had this placed on my plate for the last 3 months. Every time I put out a fleece and ask the Lord to
please confirm. The confirmation arrives almost immediately the next day.
My 4th and final fleece (Procastinating, Coward me) asking the Lord to show me further interest on the subject of Unity.
This was placed before the Lord the night before Carla put out this Post. I simply cannot ask for a 5th confirmation.
I will be writing/emailing friends, relatives and Churches and church Unions to get this out amongst S. African Christians.
Please pray that if this is indeed the Lord's will, then to allow this to spread throughout the South African Internet and for Him to be the Pilot at the helm.
Just Awesome Ron. Go in the strength of the LORD. HE is with you always! I am doing my bit from this end for Canada also.

Love you brother,
MaryAnn
In response to this, I would like to suggest that we need to set up a prayer vigil for protection for those directly involved, and that God's Will be done! Let us continue to hand it over to God in prayer, and allow God to work through us. As we all know God's desire is to be in relationship with us, and to work through us.

I am asking now for knowledge on how to set up such a prayer vigil so that in Unity, we can pray from all over the world unceasingly!

In Christ, Carla

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service