All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

In your own opinions brothers and sisters what are the correct ways of fasting? How long, what type of activity(maintain children..etc) should you be doing or not, do you drink water, what types of learning material should be read(what types of scriptures should you read), breaks in between? Whatever you feel to say let me know. Thank You and may God Bless Everyone in the net.

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GREETINGS IN JESUS NAME MY DEAR SISTER

THE BOOK OF ISIAIAH CH 58 IT RELATES TO TRUE FASTING AND I THINK YOU SHOULD BEGIN READING IT,AND IN THE BOOK OF MATHEW CH 6 IT RELATES TO PRAYING, IF YOU NEED MORE ANSWERS TO FASTING AND PRAYING YOU READ IT ON MY POST REGARDING FASTING AND PRAYING, PASTOR L.T HAS POSTED HIS RESEARCH THERE.

GOD BLESS
Thank You! Broth Bronx
you know the Bible records three men who were on 40 day fasts.You do the Isaiah 58:6 fast.see more at bibletruthsunmasked.ning.com
Many Thanks to you Pastor Rob!
You can also read more on this issue at the following AAG discussion

http://www.allaboutgod.net/forum/topic/show?id=1383940%3ATopic%3A17...

Lord Bless,
LT

Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com

Thanks and God Bless you! I read it earlier today.
Thank you for this cards interpretation, of exactly what reason ∧ why we should pray so diligently! (I was given these same divine wisdom words one day over some odd 25 yrs or so in my head;and I've been living these truths ever since.) basically what its saying ,is that no matter how impossible things may seem,no matter how depressed we may be because of the situation/etc; or when we feel we can't go on ,& life has no meaning,(That God in his infinite wisdom),Has a reason for what happened,it may not be today,tomorrow,etc; but we will receive an answer & it Will be for a greater good!(we may not understand the reason something happens to us/loved one ;but God in his infinate wisdom knows what we need,& will give accordingly to all that dilligently seek "Him"...PUSH,(I Like That!)...peace,love & hope
If you would send all new people a copy of this card, I think it would help them to stay strong & work harder for Gods purpose. I would like it on my page!....(ALL to edify GOD!) ,I say
Now that you have asked the question of correct ways of fasting here is something u may want to share.
Tsum The Hebrew word means to abstain from food. At times drinks,bathing,anointing with oil,sexual intercourse as well.In essence fasting acknowledges human frailty before God.And appeals to His mercy.Fasting was a common practice in the ancient world.associated with mourning for the dead(2Sam.12:21,22).Intercessary prayer(Esther4:3;16).Repentance and contrition for sins(Jere.36:9 Jonah3:5).There is more
I liked the scripture references & list that Pastor Rob gave you. I think people are a little hesitant to give specifics because fasting is such a personal thing between you & God. To some people giving up T.V. for a week would be a fast!
First, I would say ask the Lord what He wants you to fast from & what He wants you to do while you are fasting to draw closer to Him. Second, look up & read of different fasts in the Bible.
In my opinion water is a must! Especially if you have a lot of chores to do, children to care for, etc. If you have a medical condition, are breastfeeding or have a lot of toxins in your body, you may want to start with a modified fast that includes a little juice or protein powder. I don't know what's available to you.
This is also my opinion, before you do a 30 or 40 day fast, enlist at least one prayer partner or your spouse to hold you up in prayer. Rest & pray as much as possible.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service