All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

TODAY’S GOSPEL, IS IT THE GOSPEL PREACHED BY OUR EARLY CHURCH FATHERS?

In 1958 on the 7th of October I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.
I can honestly refer to those times as related to Christianity, totally different to today.
The Bible remains the same throughout the ages and will never change, yet today we are preaching a different Cross, almost a different gospel.
Evangelists today use the same language as they did then, but the content and emphasis is not the same as before.
Whatever the world is after or demands, this new Cross will provide it. New Christians today, do not have their motivations changed to a God fearing life. We still live for our own pleasure, only now we take delight in singing choruses and watching religious movies. No longer do we sing questionable songs and drink hard liquor, yet we believe that we have arrived and are the only ones with the truth.
Each day and night we instruct God in our prayers as to what we expect of Him in his dealings with us. The new Cross of today does not slay the sinner, it redirects him. It offers him a cleaner and jollier way of living. It offers prestige amongst fellow worshipers, but loses entrance into the lost. We no longer consider ourselves Prophets, but rather Diplomats. Neither do we lose or dare to bury the “Old life”, but simply raise it up to a higher plane. We are accustomed to compromising the truth, rather than issuing an ultimatum.
Without hard work and careful planning towards a financially secure future, we are encouraged by multi millionaire TV Evangelist exploiters, to plant our money as seed. This seed we are told, when planted into their Bank Account, will multiply our own finances and increase in volumes beyond our wildest dreams. Instead of questioning the validity of this, we who have fallen into the trap, will rather defend it in order not to appear guilty of making an unwise financial deposit, on the strength of a ridiculous promise.
In church we can be subjected to Brain washing, Mesmerizing and hypnosis. Witness the Lakeland Florida debacle or the Toronto Blessing.
The vocabulary of Preachers is somewhat reduced. Words like Hell, Punishment, Drunkenness, Sodomy, Adultery, and Abortion no longer exists. Preachers gladly accept the efforts of Liberals and the Politically Correct, who have assisted them in removing these terms, that they themselves also consider to be derogatory.
Where does the problem lie and what are the answers?
I leave this question open for discussion, in that they may be posted here for the group’s consideration.

Ron Payne

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great Post Alan."Pursuit of God" by Tozer, is a MUST read.
We need a wake up call as to who God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit REALLY are.
My heart sinks when I hear people who claim to be Christian, refer to God either as "The Old Man" or the younger Christian's reference "DaddyOh"

Try and use the same form of reference, perhaps "JudgieBoy"
or "JudgieBaby" when a magistrate is about to sentence you for a simple oversight on your part. The courthouse will remain mesmerised as the magistrate explodes. You will be lucky if you ever get out of Jail. Contempt is inexcusable in the eyes of the court. Why should it be any different with God? I see no Bible reference that would allow this.
We desperately need a vision of the physical pain Christ endured to redeem us and a vision of where He is seated now.
Thank you for your input Alan.
Your brother in Christ - Ron
You know this Alan is my husband, right? I think he's pretty great, but then I'm prejudice. LOL! We've been married 34 yrs. Aug, 31st.
That's good news Deborah and congratulations Alan.
But now Deborah I will always be aware of the fact that you will be watching all replies to Alan's post and quite frankly I have been warned: "Beware the wrath of the wife should anyone criticise her husbands answers." LOL :-) LOL
34 years of marriage hey! Now I know why you don't display pictures of yourselves. LOL :-) :-ha) :-ha)
Your friend Ron - Clowning around.
Funny guy! Ha, ha, now you've 'provoked' me to come up with a picture! I married at 18, so I'm not THAT old! LOL! My husband is a big boy. He can hold up his own. (Yes, I'm loyal, but I don't have claws, meow!)
I'm so enjoying this site. I can see how God is using it to connect Christians from all over the globe. Be blessed brother!
Alan,

-A. W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God [1948] I have read the book about 4 or 5 times and everytime i read it i get blessed.

Great discussion and great comments.
Thank you sis. I have place the link below again, hopefully this one works better.

Ohh i am trying to attach a new link which hopefully will not be pausing. :) Thanks a gain.

Hey - this one has to do with a question you asked previously, enjoy.

Message 2, Don't Answer a Fool, Answer a Fool
http://www.ligonier.org/learn/conferences/orlando_2002_national_con...
This Message is from the Conference War on the Word: 2002 National Conference.

About the Conference, War on the Word: 2002 National Conference

In Ligonier Ministries’ 2002 National Conference, “War on the Word,” Sinclair Ferguson, W. Robert Godfrey, Ken Jones, Erwin W. Lutzer, John MacArthur, R.C. Sproul, and R.C. Sproul Jr. examine the Word of God to help equip Christians to better defend and proclaim the holy Word of God. Demonstrating how the Word of God is under attack, they explain that the assault comes from both inside and outside the church, as those outside claim that Scripture is not the Word of God and those inside fail to handle the Word rightly.

http://www.ligonier.org/learn/conferences/orlando_2002_national_con...

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service