All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

SO YOU WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY AND GO TO OTHER LANDS?

...............................WHY?......................................

"For years, we have sent missionaries throughout the whole world, but when we have the privilege of people of all nations on our doorstep, we have a responsibility as the state church to share the gospel of Jesus Christ."
Yet today the church presents a wish-washy gospel controlled by Liberals and not the Holy Spirit.

............................WAKE UP CALL!.................................

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen Ron.

I pray that I personally will overcome my 'fear' of talking to others about Jesus. There is much to be preached right in our own neighbourhoods. The Lord has put it on my heart to talk to 'Christians' who perhaps do not have a personal relationship with Jesus, and to simply let people know that Jesus wants a personal relationship with them. There is a great book called 'The Next Level', the author is David Gregory. I recommend it! (not as a moderator here...but my personal opinion).

Thank you for this great Wake Up Call! Amen and Amen! I truly need prayer around this..

God Bless....Love in Christ, Carla
Ron,

In my opinion this highlights one of the tragedy's the church is facing today. Too many have lost the doctrine on "The Lostness of Man." When we look at our neighbor, who does not know Jesus, do we see a person in great need? Do we see a person whose eternal soul faces damnation for eternity? If we have no fear over their condition we will have no concern regarding reaching them.

Liberalism has caused great damage within the church, but the true body of Christ must regain its composure and understanding of its true mission. The church was not created to maintian a system, but to be a force in this spiritual war, snatching people from the fire.

Many fear rejection if they stand up for their faith, and in some countries this is a reality, but we cannot go silent out of fear. Those in hostile lands may have to choose their moments wisely as led by the Holy Spirit.

We also cannot assume that it is somebody else's responsibility. Being a witness, means to testify, and its is not a Christian option, but a God command. It also cannot be just a lifestyle lived before others, but also a proclamation about Jesus to others. I have seen people who believed that because their church had an E.E. team that it was the teams responsibilty to share the gospel, not their responsibilty, and that they supported their team.

Lord Bless,
LT
LT, we must all defy the conventions of our own cultures. There are spiritual strongholds of unbelief everywhere. We have to overcome this in ourselves, before we point fingers at others.

When we really do what Jesus said, pray what he prayed, live what he lived, we see the kingdom advancing into the darkness with light.

I think that apathy among those of us who believe is worse than a false doctrine held by those who do not believe.

I heard an account of a famous pastor in Asia who was captured by his government for "subversive doctrines" (preaching the Gospel), beaten and threatened with torture if he did not recant his faith. Terrified, he recanted.

Later, out of grief and despair for having so "little faith", he went through the streets crying out loudly "I denied my Lord, who shed his blood for my sins!!" Day and night for weeks, he lamented publicly. He was arrested again. This time, he refused to recant. They tortured him, leaving him badly maimed. He refused to recant. They said to him "why won't you just recant your beliefs, so we can let you go home?" He said "the torture of knowing I denied my Lord once, is more suffering than you can ever inflict on me. I don't care what you do."

The government let him go, because they realized it was useless. They warned him sternly, but let him go free. As a result, he led a revival movement because his faithfulness was evident from his crippled hands and scarred body. He said he gladly accepted the punishment, because he counted it a blessing to be given a second chance to be a faithful witness. now, he leads many groups of house churches and has led many to turn to Christ; even some from the government who tortured him.

When we take on such a commitment, instead of fearing "what the neighbors will think" and are willing to witness the love of Christ until it causes suffering, then we may have the place to point fingers at false doctrine and say "tisk tisk, the darn liberals are ruining it all."

Our problem isn't liberal theology - it is apathetic theology. I count myself as the chief sinner in this case. For too many years I have willing watched "the world going to hell in a handbasket" without doing much to change it.

Our conventional culture is not willing to suffer for the cause of Christ. That is the problem.
Ron, my family and I have been praying to be a witness and a light to our own neighborhood. We want to reach the people near us.

I have just recently struck up a new friendship with a Muslim man at my work. I hope to befriend him and show him the grace and love of Christ.

We ought all make a habit of living and speaking the word of God to those in our midst.

When we have done that, I think we may be qualified to do it elsewhere.

- Scribe
Exactly right,Scribe,I am of the thinking that there are too many people who go on these missionary trips as a way to go and see the world and come back full of themselves because they have conquered a mighty quest,in reality the quest starts in our own back yards and neighbour hoods.I am not saying all missionaries are like this, no not at all ,but I do pray for the ones that are ,that they see the folly of their ways, Andrew.
Hi Scribe,
That's exactly what I'm saying.... "If we cannot witness here at home, why, wish to be a missionary elsewhere?
But far more serious. Consider our own schools, Teachers are disqualified from teaching scripture, or permission has to be sought first. Who requested these rules and who sat with their fingers in their ears and thumbs in their mouths?

Yes! You are absolutely right, We should....., but do we or at least, how many days in a year do each of us spend, soul winning, witnessing to others what Christ means to us and the changes that have occurred in our lives, since becoming Christians?
Perhaps the statement should be: "We are obliged to witness, it is the last commandment given by our Lord while here on earth. The Church is made up of individuals and as such we have no right to pass the call on to others, without obeying Christ's call ourselves.

Ron.
Jesus model was "to Jerusalem, then to Samaria and then to the uttermost parts of the world." We should go to all the world. We should start with the closest part and keep working until we get to the uttermost.

Start at home, keep evangelizing until you get to the next state, then until you reach the next country. Every church should have a mission in their own city; then they should have one to somewhere else in their own country, then they should work to reach people in other parts. (plenty of needy places).
I hear many people preaching this same message... and I tend to agree... the church in America is weak. So weak that other nations are sending their missionaries to us! I think we can all agree there is a problem, so I'd love to hear people start talking about solutions!

How can the church be re-ignited to preach the true gospel? How can we as individuals live with the passion and purpose of the earliest Christ followers?
ActualMaureen, pray. Pray for God to send workers into the field. Then, pray to be ready where he sends you.

We get caught up in saying "the church ought to..." We ARE the church.

I got a lot less condemning of others when I began taking it seriously to get the gospel to other people MYSELF. The model is clearly given by Jesus: we're to take the Gospel to our neighbors, then to the next state, then to the world. It's not this or that, but this AND that.

You will get passionate when you consider that your neighbor is going to spend a Christless eternity in the lake of fire if someone does not reach them. When you start prayerfully presenting the message of Christ to people where you live, you can get pretty "passionate".

Be creative. It doesn't have to be by taking a "Four Spiritual Laws" tract. Ask God how to be led and empowered to reach people for Christ. Pray to be winsome for lost souls.

- Scribe
OK Guys,
Scribe is absolutely right, when he says:

"I think that apathy among those of us who believe is worse than a false doctrine held by those who do not believe."

This is the very reason that Liberals and all who stand against the Church, win their battles, hence they dictate the rules. The church is gagged by it's own apathy. Which adds to the question, "Why even think about spreading the gospel in another land, when you don't do it at home?"
Mark you are right too, when you say:
"Lets go to the street corners and Invite the prostitutes, the drug addicts, the drunks"
Yes! this is the great commission given by Christ.
But today, when walking past a "Street Corner Preacher" would we dare go and stand next to him in full support?
Lots of questions in this vein of: Where boldness is required by the church, but is sorely lacking.
This is not going to go away either, it is going to get worse.
Please take note.

Bradley LaShawn Fowler, a 39-year old self-avowed homosexual from Canton, Michigan, seeks $60 million from Zondervan, a major publisher of religious books, and an additional $10 million from Thomas Nelson Publishing in his lawsuits filed in the federal court for the Eastern District of Michigan.

This can get out of hand where Atheists and similar non believers make a similar call: "We want every verse where the Bible claims that Non Believers will be sent straight to hell removed from the Bible"
This we might say can never happen. No! Speak to the Abortionists and Homosexuals.

If, as many are saying: "We are in the End Times", then are we the Laodicean church and are we ready for this?
You are so right. We need to share with our neighbors & the guy in the grocery store about the gospel. Not a varnished, liberal, watered-down gosple, but the real thing! We also need to LIVE IT before them, by doing random acts of kindness & showing God's love & character.
In today's society, at less here in the States, that can be tricky. It's harder now than it was, say 30 years ago to start up a friendship, or even a conversation with people. Either they feel you are encroaching on their valuable time or they think you are out to 'scam' them!
In Thailand I got to share the gospel with a Buddist girl. It was the most challenging & eye opening experience of my life. Her English was limited. I didn't know Thai. She was open & hungry to hear, but she had no knowledge of the Bible whatsoever! I had to start from Genesis & put everything in simple terms. We were up for hours! I stressed that Jesus could not be one more god on the shelf & that it was a lifelong commitment, like marriage. I asked her if she was ready to accept Jesus & after all that, she said, "No, I have to think about it." (She faced being thrown out of her familie's house, if she was baptized.) The next day she came to church with me & gave her heart to Christ & was baptized with other young girls.
I tell you all this to say, hearts ARE more wide-open elsewhere. The U.S., although I love it, is a rocky soil! People are so sure they know what the Bible says & they have no clue about the truth of it! It's like, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. God is just out to spoil my fun. I'll do that bit later. Most people are out for instant gratification & taking care of #1. It's almost as if they have been innoculated against the gospel. (Hense, the running to & fro, to every new wind of doctrine, you spoke of in your other post.)
Nevertheless, telling others the Good News is what we are here for! If the darkness is getting darker, the the Light must arise & get stronger! We need to be people of the Word, people of prayer & people seeking to get & stay filled with the Spirit of the Living God!
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears. 2 Tim 3:4

Yes you are right it is a wish-washy gospel, I also like to call it a fluffy gospel. If you teach people what they want to hear they will all flock and grow a church into a beautiful stained glass window filled idol. We are sheep among wolfs and may pollute the gospel today. The only way to be protected by this is to be rooted in word.

I am new here, I have much to learn about the word of God. I am interested in networking with true Christians that are interested in 100% truth and not 80 or 90%. Any true disciples online here? Message me I would love to chat about Christ.

In Christ,

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service