All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

How long does it take God to answer prayer

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me almost 19 years in some cases. Does it matter? Sometimes He is Quick and at other times it seems to take forever. The main thing I am learning is that my faith must not suffer because of his timeline. Also He may not give me the answer I expected so I thought He did not answer my prayers. I cannot and will not give up.
thank u

Hilarious

Sometimes I get an immediate answer. Other times it takes a while. When the answer comes then I remember "Hey, I prayed about that." Maybe it has to do with my focus. Once in a while Gary and I write down our prayers and then give them to God. We burn the request. We spend an evening in silence and inner thanksgiving. Burning a request and letting it go is a trust move. Has anyone else tried it?

Love and God bless,

Mary

I haven't but it sounds like a great idea.

• The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. (James 5:16)
  • And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. (1 John 5:14-15).

God hears our prayers.  God answers our prayers according to his timeline, not ours.  Sometimes we don't recognize and/or like his answers.  Sometimes he doesn't grant our requests because he knows better than we what's best for us.  There are no magical prayers specially formulated to get us an instant response or one that will predispose God to give us what we want.  

If we don't hear back from him immediately, it doesn't mean his prayer-request lines are overloaded, or that he's taking a break, and that our requests are stacked up in a long queue or have become lost.  Fortunately for us, God doesn't work like an offshore customer-service call center with a frustrated automated answer tree followed by long streaming music that makes it almost impossible to speak to a live person.   Unlike these corporate customer service nightmares that we routinely encounter on Earth, God is open 24/7 and is ready to receive and act on our requests.  It's toll-free, and the lines are never busy, too.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service