All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

It's not about you, or me. Being here is All About God.

We are not here to simply socialize..but to fellowship with other believers. Let's talk about the differences?

Socialize---definition
socialize (v.) To make fit for companionship with others; make sociable.
socialize (v.) To take part in social activities.

To fit for companionship with others, especially in attitude or manners: acculturate, civilize, humanize.
To take part in social activities: mingle, mix.

Fellowship--Definition
fellowship (n.) The condition of sharing similar interests, ideals, or experiences, as by reason of profession, religion, or nationality.
fellowship (n.) A close association of friends or equals sharing similar interests.
fellowship (n.) Friendship; comradeship.

• A pleasant association among people: companionship, company, society.
• A group of people united in a relationship and having some interest, activity, or purpose in common: association, club, confederation, congress, federation, fraternity, guild, league, order, organization, society, sorority, union.
• The condition of being friends: chumminess, closeness, companionship, comradeship, familiarity, friendship, intimacy

So What does the bible say about Fellowship?
This is the exact exert from my bible dictionary:
The family feeling and partnership between Christians (Gal. 2:9)
Translates the Greek word kiononia (koy-know-KNEE-ah). Association, close relationship, participation with, sharing. You experience fellowship when you share life events, commitment, trust, and understanding with other Christians. Fellowship expresses like-mindedness (Phil-2:1), communicates acceptance (Gal 2:9), helps believers grow (Acts 2:42), encourages the sharing of the work of the church (2 Cor. 8:4), and includes bad times as well as good (Phil. 3:10).

The Bible points out the dangers of fellowshiping with wrongdoers (Psalm 94:20; Eph 5:11), with unbelievers (2 Cor. 6:14), and with Demons (1 Cor. 10:20). The person who lives in sin does not live in fellowship with God (1John 1:6)

What do you like best about being with other Christians?

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the word kiononia. I have known it here on AllaboutGod, I have it in my church, and with others I have had in my life for years. It is so awesome to have my brother Bo becoming a christian and having this kiononia with him now. It is one of the things I love the most about being a christian. I got to see a Pastor who was 17 when He led me to the Lord and I was 15. We had not seen each other in 30 years face to face. We hugged and cried together becouse of kiononia
that holds our hearts together after all these years.
This is a rich topic, Carla,

Bob, I too love that Greek word, ‘kiononia’ (Association, close relationship, participation with, sharing. You experience fellowship when you share life events, commitment, trust, and understanding with other Christians.)

Philippians Chapter 2 points out that many people, even Christians, live only to make a good impression on others or to please themselves. But selfishness brings discord and can ruin a church.

Paul stressed spiritual unity, asking the Philippians to love one another and to be one in spirit and purpose. When we work together, caring for the problems of others as if they were our problems, we demonstrate Christ’s example of putting others first, and we experience unity.

We should not be so concerned about making a good impression or meeting our own needs that we strain relationships in God’s family.

Love,
MA
Good afternoon my Sister,

Your question:

"What do you like best about being with other Christians?"

Younger Christians give me more than I deserve.
Their enthusiasm reminds me of myself when I was their age and had just come to know the Lord. Their first love that they so easily display, has me reaching out for my own.

Their desire for the things of God attracts their attention to anything an older Christian says. I admit it, I love their attention too.
They always call me "Sir" and I keep reminding them that: "Sir, was my Fathers name, I'm Ron".

How, When and Why did I ever grow up? I'm still a child wanting to steal Mr. Mac's peaches next door every time I walk past his "fruity" garden in summer.
But I'm not a Child when I get home to my books and my favourite chair that has grown to fit me perfectly. It is then that I share with my other love, Gene who also loves to talk about the things of God.
I can tell her my deepest secrets and my fears without fear of it being repeated. Her Christian reply is most comforting: "God Loves you Ron."
I have found much of that on AAG amongst many Christians here. Some in particular have been very kind and I enjoy their fellowship.
Some of the songs on their pages leave me visiting their page longer than I should. Then there are some songs that have been translated by poor Sound Engineers. Where the music and drums are so loud that I cannot understand the words. I move along and say:"Perhaps next time."
Of course we all have a special friend on AAG, one with whom we have built up a friendship and respect for each other in the "Agape" of God's love through Christ. I salute you Carla and thank you for giving me the opportunity to share with you.
The Lord Bless you All
Your Brother and Friend in Christ - Ron
You are such a blessing here Ron. Your post has moved me to tears--happy ones! May God Bless you Richly and Abundantly, Your Sister and Friend in Christ, Carla
Christian Fellowship is really a wonderful thing! I don't know how it is where you're from, but here in CA, U.S.A., you really have to work at building relationships! People come to church & say, "How are you?" "I'm fine." And then don't see each other for a week! That's not what the Lord had in mind at all. I like small groups, where you can get to know one another. Wouldn't it be 'love-a-ly' if we did what the Bible says we're to do, wherever we go?! Everybody bring a Psalm, a Hymn, a spiritual song? Whatever creative expression of love to the King we have in us?
Chris Tomlin
Amazing Love

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.
(Repeat x2)

(Chorus)
Amazing love,
How can it be
That You, my King, would die for me?
Amazing love,
I know it’s true.
It’s my joy to honor You,
In all I do, I honor You.

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.

(Repeat chorus x2)

You are my King
Jesus You are my King
(Repeat x4)

(Repeat chorus x2)

You are my King
(Repeat x8)
AND... What I like best about being with other Christians is that I can be myself and speak the truth ‘in love’, and talk about our FIRST LOVE…the only ONE that matters...Jesus!

When I am with other Christians time flies, there is never enough time to share all we want to share. Sadly this link is missing with those who don’t know our wonderful Saviour.
Carla,

Thank you for starting this forum. It is so encouraging to read the posts here. It brings such joy to my heart to see people welcoming one another and reaching out to help one another. The amazing things they say reminds me that koinonia is real and that God is using this network to build his body. To God alone be the glory!

In any family there will be disagreements, but as we grow in maturity and love for one another, we will be forebearing, forgiving and grow to be more like Jesus. I've blessed in a way I never would have expected by my brothers and sisters here on TheNET, even with the ones I occasionally disagree with. And frankly, even those disagreements have been few and far between.

Carla, you embody koinonia! Thank you for modeling it and living out for all to see here.
Thank you Greg....I am just a weepy mess! You guys are all making me cry!

Love in Christ~Carla
Right on!
What do you like best about being with other Christians?

I Love the encouragement! I Love that time stands still. I feel like I am just with family. There is such a strong bond, it is unexplainable. I want to be around my Christian brothers and sister all the time, because I feel that I can truly be who I am slowly becoming....the person that God wants me to be. My brothers and sisters are so forgiving of all my shortcomings, and because of that, they (you all) bring out the best in me!

It is so awesome to me that God builds relationships as He does. I wish I had known that my whole life! I am so thankful that it is NOT ABOUT ME, that would be far too much of a burden to carry.

Love and Blessings~Carla
I really think that there is a binding of hearts here on this net because it is something as Christians we are doing together to help and minister to others and to share the love of God. I know that if I have worked with a group doing some kind of ministry, or going on a short turm mission trip, or a project, that there this binding together of our hearts. As Christians we need to belong and bind together and this net provides that for us. As we continue to work together we will see many people helped and restored. Also this kiononia is like a fragrance that the lost can not resist. In the Love of Christ.
Bob

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service