All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

My daughter-in-law asked me this weekend a question on Genesis Chapter 11 that I could not answer. Hopefully someone here can help.

In Ge. 11:5 'But the LORD came down to look at the city and the tower the people were building. Question: How did the LORD come down? ...in what form?

In HIS Service,
MaryAnn

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi MaryAnn,
I think that the statement made is simply being used as a normal expression of man. i.e. "When you come down to Sunny South Africa to visit Gene and I, make sure you bring Sun Tan lotion with you".
I don't think anyone could tell what form God took. That form must remain in the imagination of whatever we think God looks like. I like to think that He came in His original image, the same image given to man.
There is also the possibility that the Lord had not withdrawn from the earth altogether at this time either, but had many personal visitations to earth.
It seemed that He visited the garden as long as He could be expected to influence men for good.
1)He was there to personally point out the original sin and expel Adam and Eve.
2)He confronted Cain personally with his terrible crime against Abel
3)Once He was aware of the wickedness of man and the corruption in this early age,He visited earth again personally, to see the Building of the Tower of Babel.
4)He instructed Noah to build the Ark.
5)He then spoke to Abram. Gen 12:1 In this chapter it does not say He appeared to Abram although it does say so in Acts 7:2.
Have a Great Day full of God's riches and Blessings.

Your Brother and Friend in Christ - Ron.
There you go!
Thank you anonymous, that's lazy me not checking my concordance.

And Yes! MaryAnn. What a mighty God we serve.
Bless you both, plus that goodlooking guy next to you MaryAnn.
Ron
Thanks Ron...The good-looking guy beside me is my husband, Tony. He doesn't type, so his page is inactive, but he is a real gift to me, and has helped me in one of your other posts where you were speaking 'Africans' (I think). Tony's first language is Dutch, and some words are very similar to the words you put on another post.

Thanks again. Have an awesome day!
MaryAnn & Tony
Hi Tony,
Yes Afrikaans is an offshoot from High Dutch and Hollandse.
It became a recognised language in 1924.
South Africa has 11 Official languages, English Afrikaans and 9 African dialects. It becomes a problem when singing the National Anthem.

Similar to American history our forefathers also crossed the country on horseback and Ox wagons fighting the different African tribes on the way. Finally we also landed up in a British/South African war. Whites here are a mixture of French/Dutch/English Settlers.
I am a mixture of all three.

Came to know the Lord in 1958 whilst a Firefighter. Went to Theological College. Took up a position as Superintendent of
a Rehabilitation centre for Alcoholics with over 100 voluntary Inmates, who depending on their condition stayed 2-6 months. Finally landed up as a Bank Manager for the Citigroup, CitiBank here in South Africa.

Sent to New York to help explain the political situation in South Africa concerning CitiBank's position and after CitiBank pulled out of S. Africa, I retired. CitiBank has since returned.
There then is my secular life in a shoebox.

Thank you MaryAnne for your good wishes for the day which are heartily reciprocated to both you and Tony and my best friend on the Net, Carla.
A short word on Carla, I was pleasantly surprised at her depth of knowledge on theology, considering the short time she has been a Christian.
The Lord Bless you all. Your Brother and Friend in Christ - Ron
Thank you Ron, this is such a great reply. I love the way you said...''That form must remain in the imagination of whatever we think God looks like.'' I love that... :) ...Makes me remember that we are dealing with spiritual and physical realms...lest I forget. Thanks a million!

You are a gift!

In HIM who loves all of us so much.
MaryAnn
Thank you Ron for your insightful reply about the Tower of Babble. I am listening to a man by the name of Bill Cloud who talks about the restoration of ALL things, as referenced in Acts 3:21. More interesting food for thought regarding the tower of Babble is the fact that before that time when God came down and visited the Tower of Babble, there was only ONE language. The word says, "As it was in the beginning so it shall be in the end." If God is going to restore all things....and the languages will revet back to ONE as His restoration plan unfolds.... makes me want to learn Hebrew. If He is restoring ALL things, will we one day walk with Him here on earth in a restored Garden of Eden in the cool of the day as Adam and Eve did? When Jesus/Yeshua returns on His white horse with the heavenly host, and we are caught up to meet Him in the air, and things are changed in the twinkling of an eye ... as He creates a new heaven and a new earth .... will we see him again re-create a Garden Paradise that He/we will call heaven/Eden? Will He come and commune with us ... or will we go up to another heavenly place to be with Him? Either way will be glorious. Any thoughts?
Hi Janet, The way you describe the restoration of all things gives me goose-bumps. The excitement keeps building as we fellowship one with the other. You are right, no matter how it is, it will be glorious.

In His loving service,
MaryAnn
Hi Preacher. This is so true. God knows all. It's amazing that we, having been created in HIS image, not only do not have the answers we desire, but even ask the wrong questions.

I truly believe that the question to ask when anything happens is: God, what is this for? What can I learn from it?

And then to pray God I give you permission to change me into the person You created me to be. Let's not waste any more time asking the wrong question. Thanks for this revelation!

In Him
MaryAnn
Mary Ann,
Sweet sister, you have hit the nail on the head with that 'gem'! I need to let go of my questions & be still before Him & say, "Father, what is the right question for me to ask? " I never want to lose that sense of 'AWE', knowing that God is so much bigger, than what I think I know about Him! I do need to ask Him about every little thing, instead of assuming I know where the puzzle pieces go! Thanks for the reminder & for being such a loving encourager!
THE LORD COULD OF COME DOWN IN SPIRIT OR COULD HAVE SENT AN ANGLE, THE ANGLE OF THE LORD, FOR GOD IS IN ALL AND THROUGH ALL, RON HAS SEEN IN HIS SPIRIT WHEN THE LORDS SENDS AND ANGLE TO US, WHEN WE A READY TO GIVE A PRAYER OR ARE INTERCESSING ON THE LORDS BEHALF, I HOPE THIS HELPS FOR THE LORD HAS MANY ANGELS
As we search the scripture we must keep in mind what the Bible says in John 4:24 it states that God is a Spirit and we must worship Him in spirit and truth.He is not the sun,moon, stars, He is not an image of wood, metal not beast or man etc, He is not the air,wind,universal mind,love or some impersonal quality,He is a person with a personal Spirit body,a personal soul, and a personal spirit,like that of angels,and like that of man,except that His body is of spirit substance instead of flesh and bones(Job.13:8&Heb.1:3)He has a personal spirit body (Dan.7:9-14 10:5-19) Shape(John 5:37) Form(Phil.2:5-7) Image and likeness of a man(Gen.1:26 9:6)He has bodily parts,such as back parts (Ex.33:23) Heart(Gen.6:6 8:21) He has fingers hands eyes mouth and a voice etc. and He moves in a bodily presence..But the key to all of your question is in verse 7 When He said go to "let us"He came down as the trinity(plural pronouns prove plurality of persons in the Godhead)But i have gone to deep with this imagine after you read two verses up and two verses down that you will find your answer for most scripture.The Bible teaches us that we let no man teach us but that we learn by the Holy Spirit.(1John2:27).Let they baby answer her own question.and you continue to lend her the guidance if she leans the wrong way.Amen!!!
Thanks Pastor Rob for the reminder that the Holy Spirit is our teacher. Instead of giving our opinion when asked a question of this nature, it may be better to ask the person, 'If someone asked you that question, how would you answer it?'

This gives the person a chance to look to the Comfortor, the wonderful Holy Spirit, for guidance. Sometimes we instinctively know the answer, but still like to check with other believers to see if we are on the right track.

God bless,
MaryAnn

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service