All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior" (1 Timothy 2:1-3)

Beloved, one of the most neglected aspects of our lives as Christians is Intercession. It is therefore not suprising to read from the scripture that always asking for our own consumption is a hinderance to our prayer.

It is time to gird our loins and stand up and agree in prayer to affect the lives of other people; our families, community, towns, cities, rulers, nations and the world at large. Not only for thesr categories of people but also for the church, ministers of the gospel and most importantly the unsaved.

Many have committed themselves to fulltime missionary work but these encounter countless tragedies every minute in their quest to spread the word and win souls for the kingdom's sake. It is about time we backed and sustained them with our prayer. They actually need it as seen in Philipians 1:19 (click this link to read it http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew%2018:19;&ve...;

In a nutshell, not only is intercession a command but also it benefits us as intercessors:

In Gen 20:17 Abraham prayed for Abimelech and His wife and they conceived. Afterwards, their own prophecy was fulfilled in the next chapter (Gen 21).

Also, Job prayed for his friends before he was restituted in Job 42:10.
We all need peace on this planet but we refuse to pray for this planet and though prophecies foretold the signs of the end time, the scripture says in Mat 18 :19 that ''Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven".

Trust God; you and I can turn things around for the better to the glory of God. So come on board and lets affect this generation with our prayer.

God bless you for joining us. Thank you!

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

Hi MR SPELL!
Thanks for your reply and i must say on behalf of all members of the that we appriciate it very much. Dear, prating for yourself is not wrong but equally good as praying for others. The author of the Faith which you and I share prayed for himself in Gethsemane Matthew 26:39 and prayed countless times for many people; His own disciples, the Church, nations and the world. So MR. SPELL, I do not mean praying for yourself is wrong but neglecting to pray for others is wrong since the Scripture admonish Christians to pray for one another (James 5:16). In the light of this we on Intercession Panel believe in the power of agreement as in Matthew 18:19 "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven".. We join hands to approach the throne of which does not mean praying for ourselves is wrong.
May the King of Glory enlighten and strengthen us in every good deed. Amen! God Bless you MR. SPELL!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service