All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Hi I just stumbled across this group and I think its a great discussion since must of us have someone in our lives (past) who we need to forgive. I'll tell you a little about mine. When I was young I wa abused by my father and it has caused me much pain throughout my life that is until God found me now i still struggle with some of the unforgiveness in my heart although God has been dealing with me on this. My father recently contacted me after 20 years and told me he is dying and in prison and he wants me to visit him once before he dies. Im very scared to go ,even though I think this is what im suppose to do. I feel like I have forgivin him but i also think that this might help me let it go. I dont want him to die and me having a chance to tell him and didnt . I have prayed about this and feel in my heart this is what I must do any advice ????

Views: 102

Replies to This Discussion

i think that you can go to visit him and let him know that you have forgiven him.
plus also remember that God is with you
hi Natasha thanks for the reply Ive been thinking about this for awhile but im very nervous about it I was not only phsically abused but also sexually would you still go if you were me?
yes, i may feel scared but i would now that God Is there.
i was also physically abused by my mom and most likely sexally
so i know how it feels. but for me.. i would still go.
here is a prayer for you.
dear Jesus,
my dear friend angie is really nervous about seeing her dad.
please give her the courage to do what you want her to do.
i pray that right now, that you would just cleanse her dad and her self
and guide her in everything she does.
in Jesus' name
amen.
God Bles you angie, and i am always here for you.
tasha
thanks Tasha for your prayer I know that Jesus is with me so it gives me the courage I need to go. Love In Christ -Angie
no problem!! we are here for each ather and remember that God Loves you no matter
what!!
God Bless,
your sister in Christ,
tasha

Angie dear, I share in your pain. However, I believe God is using this platform to restore the relationship between you and your Dad before He calls him. For your dad to request for your visit puts you one step ahead in your desire to forgive him. Please, please and please again, heed to his call and honour the vist. It may even help keep him alive. Trust me , he is hurting too and needs this reconciliation badly.

Remember to pray to God first for the much needed strength to take you through this.

God bless you! 

Wow!!! You are in my prayers, you situation is not so very different from some members of my family who were abused by my father, I did not suffer what my siblings suffered but I do have fear for that time when my dad or mom pass away, I have not seen or spoken to my parents in about 12 years, as you know, one cannot put their own children in a position where they would be a victim also, thankfully we live in different countries and he will never be able to vistit here again after his conviction.

I will pray God's peace that passes ALL understanding that it will keep your heart and mind in purfect peace. in God's peace the only peace that is real. I have had a hard time forgiving someone recently, this person told wicked lies about me, but I pray for her and it's not easy, but each time I pray I cast out the enemy in Jesus name, when you mention the name of Jesus in pray the Devil flee's!! Then I pray the name of Jesus over the situation over me and any persons concerned. IT REALLY HELPS!!
Hi Angie! You made this post Feb 2008. Just curious to know that outcome of your visit to you father. My sister too was a victim of incest. We hated our father so much but we did not send him to prison. After several years he died. In spite of his offense, I miss him. My sister now has a family of her own. She has 5 children who are all grown up. The youngest is 14.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service