All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

How God Turned a Mom's Life Around - Now She's Jumping in Olympic Trials

Are you discouraged? Feel like God has abandoned you? Wonder if you can turn your life around after making a mess of it? Read on …. and be encouraged.

“So let me tell you what Goliath I slayed today. I stand before you today January 12, 2008 delivered from alcoholism for the past year and 3 months, smoking, pills, obesity, loneliness, depression and it is all because of my Lord and Savior JESUS the Christ! So this post is for anyone who thinks that God has forgotten about them.“

The quote above is taken from a blog started by Adriane Stone, wife of an Army Sergeant stationed in Hawaii, and a finalist in the Olympic Trials Women’s High Jump scheduled for July 4th in Eugene, Oregon. (She jumped 5′ 11 1/2″ on Monday night in the preliminary round to qualify.) Her story is about how God can do wonders in a person’s life if she turns to God in desperation and humility. In her own words, her blog “documents my comeback to the high jump after 7 years of living a life that was a fast track to the pits of hell.”

I’m going to add a few more of her quotes so you can take a peek into her heart and spirit:

“You see going from a complete wreck to having the glory of God shine upon you in a public way is very intimidating and humbling at the same time.”

“Lord allow me to soar on wings of eagles as I feel your Spirit guide me along this path. You inspire me through you Holy Word. You give me a passion that I want everyone to yearn for. Come and taste what He has to offer. He brings life. He is Life!”

The day she flew to Oregon for the trials: “Now is not the time to begin second guessing the mighty hand of the Lord. Now is the time to rest in His presence and trust Him. Please pray for me, and know that this is God’s great plan. Whether I qualify, lose, win or not even jump, nothing can take away the great testimony of my life changing death to myself (Galatians 2:20). We are already conquerors through Christ Jesus.”

About two months ago, Adriane came across my Faith and Health Connection website and sent me an email, asking for prayers. Perhaps you’ll join me in praying for Adriane as she prepares to jump on Friday, July 4th…. for the glory of God.

To learn more about Adriane’s journey over the last year and a half and to see how God can turn around the life of someone who, on her own made a mess of hers, I encourage you to read her story on her blog.

Views: 18

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service