All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

From The Net moderator of this group: I wanted to let you all know that not only do I know of this disease from a clinical standpoint; but also from a personnal one as well. There is history of mental illness in my family. My mother has what is termed Paranoind shizaphrenia disorder. This is similar to shizaphrenia; however the person does not suffer from Grand Illusions or halucinations. She exhibts paranoia in all people; including her family members, co-workers and anyone. It is a very sad and lonley disease. She says hurtful things to her own family and children because of her deep fears. Her doors of her house are bolted up with about 7 locks plus boards. It nearly takes her 30 min. to leave the house and lock up. If something goes wrong; she questions other intentions and motives. Which of course pushes that person away.
Growing up in such an environment was extremly dysfunctional. All of my siblings, including myself suffer from depression. When I first was diagnosed with depression. I didn't even recognize it in myself. It was my friends and co-workers who recognized it. My work was suffering, I lacked ability to concentrate. I was easily frustrated by mundane obstacles in my work day. The only thing I really noticed was my lack of sleep; which I chalked that up to the stress of work and dealing with the burdens of my relationship with mother.
After seeking medical care I found out that I had depression. It took a couple of years to get the right combonation of anti-depressants to treat me.
After a while I decided I didn't need this medication and just stop taking it. Well in a matter of 3 - 4 weeks I was again exhibiting the same symptoms. My close friend Julie said: you need to go back on your anti-depressants. And I realized she was right. This was something I had that was not going to go away.
Today I love the Lord more than anything. He is number one in my life. I read the Bible and try to meditate on his word daily. I listen to my favorite Christian music. Having Jesus Christ consume my heart has brought me great peace. But yes I still have my disease.
I would like for each of us to tell our stories to each other regarding when we first was diagnosed, the triggering point. And the path of depression we took. Let us work as Christians to lift each other up. And to continue to work throough our illness while we praise our Great Lord and Saviour. Some of the best things that helped me was being able to pour out my feelings and my story to a therapist. Before I had done this I lived in feelings of guilt and remorse and believed I was this terrible person. Depression and mental health issues can really bring us down and make us feel lowly. But despite my continued depression, my Lord hears my anguish and pains, he knows my fears. But his love for me is exuberant, unconditional and complete. I have truned myself over to him.
Let us begin here to help each other understand that we do not carry demons in us, but merely a disease that hurts our pshycie. I love you all and look forward to coming together to help each other and grow in Christ. Your friend in Jesus, Tammy

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

Donna, thanks for the great post. I will refer to it often. I have read and heard most of the contents for years. It is fustrating to be a beliver and not be able to put the scriptures to work on a long term basis. Falling back into depression after being supercharged in the Holy Spirit does tell me that I need to dig out another root cause. The truth hurts but the feeling of not being able to get reconnected always leads to feelings of giving up. I have never been a fighter. For me death will be a relief.

I know that God is working on me. A basketball always comes back from its impact from the lowest point. Having experienced a healing for which there could only be one explanation I have no doubts that God can heal me of the incurable disease I suffer. My problem seems to be that I don't like life on this planet. Job is the hardest book for me to read because I don't understand suffering. I know it is wrong but I confess that I pray that the disease I have would take me. To me life is not worth living if I am so defective that I cannot have Jesus 24/7. As long as I am still breathing I will wait until He decides His time. Until then I suppose I will have to continue in my isolation.

I am so glad that you have recieved a deliverance and await mine. Thanks for sharing.

Again thanks for the post. rix
Thank you Mandy!!!
Love you girl!!
Thank God he knows our anguish and fears. Thank God that we have Him!!! I mean i have been depressed all my life. More years without the Lord than with. But before Christ, I had doctors and doctors and doctors not want to treat me anymore, my friends would come and go and my own family thought I was weird, not knowing what to do with me. But now, I have God!!! God WILL NEVER leave me nor forsake me!!! I am what I am today because of Him. Seriously if you all knew me before you all would be scared out of your minds. Well I didnt get scary till my 20's, but even before then, I had alot of problems. I can point to my mom,my dad and both sides of the family and blame them all, for they had a big part of why I am the way I am, but It has done No good to sit and blame them. Sisters, I just want to live and I want to live the life God has for me. Not the world!!! I have been redeemed and delivered. I am not going to let someone who doesnt understand depression, knoock me down because of thier LACK of understanding. I want peace of mind and heart, and God is working with me on that 24/7. I thank you Angie for you, and all the others who have joined AAG who have helped me and my walk with HIm.~~Paige
Good advice Donna and Thank you Paige. If you read what I posted on the other comment yesterday regarding the etiology of depression, it may also be a source of comfort and understanding. I am rejoicing for Donna, she has been through it and come out undeafeted. My concern for my fellow Christian friends here is that they will turn from God because of their depression. Believing that they are afflicted with it because they are of the devil. Not so as Donna has said and as I mentioned in the other post yesterday.
We are all at different stages of our depression. Just like I talked about the diabetic patient in my other post. We are all learning how to adjust and learn to make for the better. How to deal with our disease. To realize that we may have yet an up hill climb. I most definitely believe that prayer is key. But also: Galatians 6:2: Share each other's troubles and problems, helping each other, then you truly obey the law of Christ. If anyone thinks he is important when he really is not, he is only fooling himself. Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others.
Like wise, you should not aspire to be as someone else. If you are discouraged because another is doing better at managing their depression; do not want. Because the Lord does have a plan and purpose for you. When you are first dealing with your diagnosis, you are at a different stage of healing than someone who has been going through treatment. Don't rush yourself and give up hope. Everyone heals at different rates. Please see my post from yesterday on the other discussion. And remeber it is ok to have feelings like these. They have to be worked through. So we must be kind-hearted to each other and support our brothers and sisters in Christ. I love you all in Jesus Christ. Tammy
Dear Jen; Praise the Lord for you my dear friend. For God is working in you, and all of us here. The Lord cares for our past hurts very much and holds our every tear in his loving hands. I am always here for you. Love in Christ. Tammy

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service