All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I am in desperate need of advice on dealing with the passing of my mom. Are any others grieving the loss of a parent?

Views: 28

Replies to This Discussion

I lost my mother in 2002. It is hard. She suffered tremendously with multiple sclerosis and breast cancer. If you need to talk, I am willing. It will get easier as time goes by. God bless you.
I lost my mother over 30 years ago, due to cancer. She was the dearest person to me & I depended upon her so much. She was a beautiful person inside & out, & I never heard her say a bad word about anyone. She was such a good example to me.
When she was on her deathbed, I asked God not to take her, but he knew that he had his mansion ready for her. I depended upon my mom so much, such as, I would ask her to pray for my husband & me. She told me that I could pray to God myself, but then she would take my hand, & pray that God would speak to both Walter, my husband & I and bring us to the Lord. Or if someone was sick, like my children, I would ask her to pray for that. She was always ready to help anyone. She was a widow, of about 20 years then, but she went out of her way to help those in need, even though she was not well off. She would give of her self & everything she did, was CHRIST-LIKE in everything.
Now I have a daughter who is 45 & her common-law husband & 5 children, is doing the same thing to me & I tell her exactly the same answer my mother gave me. I miss though moments many times & my husband jusy adored her.
Here are a few 'PROMISES OF COMFORT' & hope this gives you encouragement.

God is our refuge and strength, our ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.....Psalm 46:1 - 3

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff they comfort me.......Psalm 23:4

For God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end......Psalm 48:14

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.......Rom. 8:38 - 39

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.......Psalm 73:26

Knowing that I will meet my mother in heaven, plus my husband & many more saints, is a great comfort to me. He gives me the strength & grace as needed, 'DAILY'.

Just lean on the everlasting arms of Jesus & he does hear & HE IS THE GOD OF ALL COMFORT, for without him, me, myself, I would not have survived many a trial & tribulation.

I don't know about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand,
But I know who hold tomorrow & I know he holds my hand.

Love & prayer, Jean

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service