All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I'm not sure about other Christian religions, but in the Catholic Church at Mass the Eucharist can be taken by anyone at anytime, and I feel this has taken away from it being a sacred part of the Mass.

I notice that pretty much everyone gets up and receives it just because it's there and is a part of the Mass - not because they are truly sorry for their sins and want God's forgiveness.

How is the Eucharist taken in other Christian religions? How do you feel about the Catholic way of receiving it? Do you think it's lost its meaning?

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

I am a Catholic in religion but Christian in living sister. For me, my opinion regarding your thoughts is that it doesn't lose it's meaning for them. Yes it is a part of the mass and traditionally it was. Before we take the Eucharist, there is a ceremony where in the people was been invited to repent. We have to consider that it is up to the person if he will take the Eucharist sincerely, just like in other religions. Don't generalized the idea that the Catholics receives the Eucharist just because it was a part of the Mass. Thankz.. God bless!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service