All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

how do you forgive some one who doesn't understand you and hurts you when he/she talks

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

In my own point of view,, it's better for you to pray for her/him. Though in that time.. the time where that person says something bad about you... It is really very hard to act in a Godly way especially when your human nature takes place.. My only advise is.. Let GOd be the center of your life. Let Him do the thing.. hehe
Totally agree. God/Jesus should be the center of every facet of our life as Christains. But must not end up there; if such things are repetitive then i believe it will do the victim a lot of good to confront this person who keeps hurting you.

In Matthew 18:15-17, Jesus had this to say on forgiveness:

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Also, bearing in mind that failure on your part to forgive your fellow could rob you from divine forgiveness as illustrated in Matthew 18:23-35 would help you to place premium on the need to forgive your fellow no matter the degree of hurt he/she caused. Afterall its not greater than than our own trangression of divine orders.

May the Lord always help us to find a forgiving heart to forgive others so that we can also be forgiven and do not hinder our prayer with unforgiveness. AMEN!
Is this someone who is close to you that you can tell about how they're affecting you or is this someone who is only an aquaintance?

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service