All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

www.allaboutgod.com(baptism)(Lords supper)

Baptism and The Lord's Supper are universally practiced by Christian churches. These two rituals are known as church ordinances or sacraments. Ordinances are rites that believers practice as part of their Christian faith. These rites are outward symbols and testimonies of inward spiritual grace.

BAPTISM
The Greek word for "baptize" is baptidzo. It means to immerse, submerge, dip. It was used in classical Greek for the dipping of animals, the dipping into dye so as to dye fabric, or of the sinking of a ship.
Each and every Christian should be water baptized by immersion. Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection.

Romans 6:3-4 declares, “Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” The action of being immersed in the water illustrates being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.
THE LORD'S COMMAND... "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19)

LORDS SUPPER
Luke 22:19-20 says the following in the Authorised (King James) Version " And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake [it], and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This
cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you." The New International Version translates the same passage as follows. " And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, ``This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.'' In
the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, ``This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.
"
This request from Jesus to remember Him in this way is a logical one. We can see from His request that He truely understands us. The act of eating the bread, and drinking the wine will remind us that He has gone before us and paid the price for our salvation with His body and his blood.

Each time that we take the Lord's supper we are physically reminded that He has died for each one of us individually. As we share in the communion we also share the gift of His life poured out for us

QUESTIONS
Ask your self if you should be baptised according to the scripture? Why?
Do you need to be baptised to be saved?

Can you partake of the Lord's supper?
What should you do before partaking of Communion?
Does taking communion save you according to Scripture?

Views: 429

Replies to This Discussion

THIS SONG REALLY ILLUSTRATES BAPTISM SO WELL. WE KNOW THAT THE ACT OF BAPTISM DOES NOT SAVE US, BUT IS OUR PUBLIC CONFESSION OF WHAT WE HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THROUGH JESUS OUR LORD.
THIS IS A VERY DIFFICULT VIDEO TO WATCH, BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE THE lORD'S SUPPER THE SAME AGAIN AFTER SEEING IT.

The Lord kept the Passover with His disciples in the Upper Room to fulfil the law. More than that, communion with Him looks toward the Wedding Supper that we will be eating and drinking in the last days. Jesus fulfiled the Old Covenant by His observance of the Pasch and at the same time established the New Covenant with us. We entered into a new dimension of worship and fellowship with the spirit. Jesus was about to be sacrificed as the Passover Lamb. We are not only to observe the Lord's Supper, we are to be a part of it by being part of His sacrificed body. Jesus participated and finished the old ceremony that we might participate with Him and be a part of the new.

Anonymous

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service