All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Promise of the coming of the Holy Spirit
John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever,

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth him not, neither knoweth him: ye know him; for he abideth with you, and shall be in you.

John_14:26,
But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I, said unto you.
John_15:26,
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall bear witness of me:

John_16:7-15;
Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I go, I will send him unto you.

John 16:8-13
And he, when he is come, will convict the world in respect of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Of righteousness, because I go to the Father, and ye behold me no more;
Of judgment, because the prince of this world hath been judged.
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but what things so ever he shall hear, these shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come.

John 16:14-15
He shall glorify me: for he shall take of mine, and shall declare it unto you.
All things whatsoever the Father hath are mine: therefore said I that he taketh of mine, and shall declare it unto you.

One of my favorite books on the Holy Spirit is by the former chaplain of the US Senate Peter Marshall’s wife Catharine. She called the Holy Spirit the “Helper”. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity, God the Holy Spirit. Each new believer receives the Holy Spirit at conversion. This is a important subject for us as Christians to realize we have a helper who will teach us, lead us, strengthen us, and enable us to live a victorious Christian life.

QUESTIONS
What does it mean to be filled with the Holy Spirit?
Is the Holy Spirit a distint person of the the trinity?
How does the Holy Spirit help us to live a victorious Christian life?

Views: 1316

Replies to This Discussion

Many Christians get so caught up in dismissing the work of the Holy Spirit because of some who have misrepresented Him in the past. The Holy Spirit is not just for those who are Charismatic or Pentecostal. Every born again believer needs to have an understanding of The Holy Spirit and his relationship to us as believers.
Jesus said;
"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper that He may be with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:16-18)

The Holy Spirit is not a vague, ethereal shadow, nor an impersonal force.
He is a person equal in every way with God the Father and God the Son.

He is considered to be the third member of the Godhead.

Jesus said to His apostles...
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matt. 28:18-20)

A primary role of the Holy Spirit is that He bears "witness" of Jesus Christ (John 15:26, 16:14).
He tells people's hearts about the truth of Jesus Christ.
The Holy Spirit also acts as a Christian's teacher (1Cor. 2:9-14).
He reveals God's will and God's truth to a Christian.

Jesus told His disciples...
"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." (John 14:26)

"When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." (John 16:13)

The Holy Spirit was given to live inside those who believe in Jesus, in order to produce God's character in the life of a believer in a way that we cannot do on our own.

The Holy Spirit will build into our lives love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23).
Rather than trying to be loving, patient, kind, God asks us to rely on Him to produce these qualities in our lives.
Thus Christians are told to walk in the Spirit (Gal. 5:25) and be filled with the Spirit (Eph. 5:18).

And the Holy Spirit empowers Christians to perform ministerial duties that promote spiritual growth among Christians (Rom. 12; 1Cor. 12; Eph. 4).

The Holy Spirit also performs a function for non-Christians as well.
He convicts people's hearts of God's truth concerning how sinful we are -- needing God's forgiveness; how righteous Jesus is and that he died in our place, for our sins.

And He reveals God's eventual judgment of the world and those who do not know Him (John 16:8-11).
The Holy Spirit tugs on our hearts and minds, asking us to repent and turn to God for forgiveness and a new life.
To be in the Holy spirit means you are in Gods presence, at the foot of the throne.
Yes, but still a part of the one god.(God is Omnipotent ,All in all,Jesus,is the way ,the truth and the life,no one comes to the Father except through the son first. And by the Holy Spirit, we can communicate directly with the the father; by our prayers reaching directly to His ears.
The Holy Spirit is our comforter, our help in times of trouble; and surrounds us in Gods love so totally; that we dont want to leave His presence, We want to stay in his presence; and have hope to help us to stand in our faith in anticipation of eternity with him in Heaven. = ) JMJ
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A REALITY FOR US AS HIS CHILDREN. HE IS GOD WITH WITH US AND IS OUR EVER ABIDING HELP IN THIS JOURNEY OF LIFE.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service