All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

allaboutgod.com (Bible)
Is the Bible truly God's Word?
Our answer to this question will not only determine how we view the Bible and its importance to our lives, but also it will ultimately will have an eternal impact on us.
If the Bible is truly God’s Word, then we should cherish it, study it, obey it, and ultimately trust it. God communicated to mankind what He is like and how we can have a right relationship with Him through the Bible.
The Bible was given progressively over approximately 1500 years; it has always contained everything that man needed to know about God in order to have a right relationship with Him.

If the Bible is truly the Word of God, then it is the final authority for all matters of faith, religious practice, and morals.

The question we must ask ourselves is how can we know that the Bible is the Word of God and not just a good book?

What is unique about the Bible that sets it apart from all other religious books ever written?

Is there any evidence that the Bible is truly God’s Word?

2 Timothy 3:15-17 say from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
WORD OF GOD SPEAK/MERCY ME
object width="425" height="355">

Views: 722

Replies to This Discussion

Jesus offers us way more than sin management. He promises that he can transform us, inside out

We can live the eternal kind of life now, in this life. Up there can come down here in our hearts.

Galatians 3
19. Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
THE FOLLOWING IS A GOOD MESSAGE ON RENEWING OUR MIND. WHEN OUR THINKING GETS IN LINE WITH THE WORD OF GOD, THEN POSITIVE CHANGE CAN TAKE PLACE IN OUR LIVES.

WHAT ARE WE FILLING OUR MINDS WITH?
By Robert Bushman
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
( Philippians 4:8 KJV )

In this Scripture Paul gives us an outline on what we should be filling our minds with. Even in the days of the early church they we having to deal with, “stinking thinking.”

The first thing Paul list here is; “Whatsoever is true.
"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.” (2 Tim. 4:3-4 NAS )
Jesus ask The Father, “Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.” ( John 17:17)
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." ( John 8:31-32 )
The truth is so important for us, for we are in a world where the father of lies seeks to lead us astray by getting us to believe lies about God, others, and ourselves.
"You are of your father the Devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” (John 8:44 )
The Holy Spirit is called the, “Spirit of Truth,” He is our guide into all the wonderful trues that will lead us in the opposite direction that the Devil's deceptions would seek to lead us into .
John 16:13 ) says, "But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.”
We are to focus on what is true rather than on what is not.

The second thing Paul list is; “whatsoever things are honest,”(honorable, noble)
Don't pay people back with evil for the evil they do to you. Focus your thoughts on those things that are considered noble. ( Romans 12:17 GWT )

To become a person who is honest, honorable, and noble in our thinking, we will have to focus on good things. This is never easy as we find ourselves being pulled into thinking that is unfitting for some one who is suppose to have a sanctified (set apart) mind.
We need to ask ourselves if it is very noble or honorable of us to view certain videos, TV programs, Internet sites, or listen to certain radio programs?

The third thing mentioned is; “whatsoever things are just.”(innocent, holy, righteous)
so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, (Phil. 2:15 NAS)
For the report of your obedience has reached to all; therefore I am rejoicing over you, but I want you to be wise in what is good and innocent in what is evil. ( Romans 16:19 )
I remember back in the 1980s, there was a real push in deliverance ministry in many churches. There were all kinds of books, seminars, and information about the demonic realm.
This created many problems for a lot of well meaning Christians. I am not saying that we should be ignorant of the enemies devices, but to allow our minds to be filled with all this kind of dark stuff, will only rob us of an innocence.
We are Dependant upon God, and our focus should always remain upon him. Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

The forth thing mentioned is; “ things are pure,” (chaste, clean, )
To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled. (Titus 1:15 )
Remember we are talking about what s filling our minds.
But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ. ( 2 Corr. 11:3)
To keep our minds pure and clean is not an easy job. Thank god we have the Word and the Spirit to help us to keep our minds pure.
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, ( Titus 3:5 )

The fifth mentioned is; whatsoever things are lovely( Acceptable )

How lovely are Your dwelling places, O LORD of hosts! ( Psalm 84:1b )

How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who announces peace And brings good news of happiness, Who announces salvation, And says to Zion, "Your God reigns!" ( Isaiah 52:7 )

There are many lovely things we can fill our minds with, including music art, and God's lovely creation.

The sixth thing we can fill our mind with is; “whatsoever things are of good report.” (praiseworthy, commendable )
“Like cold water to a weary soul, So is good news from a distant land.” ( Proverbs 25:25 )
“Bright eyes gladden the heart; Good news puts fat on the bones.” ( Proverbs 15:30 )

When we spend our time filling our minds with negative things, it will have a profound affect our moods creating anxiety and depression in our lives. This does not mean we should not keep up on the news, but we can't allow negative reports continually fill our thoughts.

The seventh thing can fill our mind with is, “if there be any virtue. ( excellent )

How precious (excellent ) is Your loving kindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings. ( Psalm 36:7)

But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; ( 1 Peter 2:9 )

Excellent things, virtuous things, theses are the things that we should be filling our minds with.

The eighth thing we should be filling our minds with; “if there be any praise”
(a commendable thing)

Thinking about the great things that God has done in our lives or in the lives of others, thinking about the wonderful creation and the way God keeps everything maintained in perfect working order. Thinking about things that generate praise in our hearts, this kind of thinking will lead us on a path of optimism.
One generation shall praise Your works to another, And shall declare Your mighty acts. ( Psalm 145:4 )

Praise Him for His mighty deeds; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness. ( Psalm 150:2 )

Conclusion>
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
( Philippians 4:8 KJV )

This is a great scripture that instructs us to learn use our word in a way that makes them valuable to the hearers. When our words are in line with the Word of God, our words become valuable because they have the power to liberate and help the hearer. So truly a word fitly spoken [is like] apples of gold in pictures of silver.

"To focus our minds on the human nature leads to death, but to focus our minds on the Spirit leads to life and peace." (Romans 8:6)

"Don't say anything that would hurt another person. Instead, speak only what is good so that you can give help wherever it is needed. That way, what you say will help those who hear you." (Ephesians 4:29)

If we get rid of our stinking thinking, and replace our thoughts with the things mentioned in Philippians 4:8, then our lives will be radically different. We really do not know the powerful affect our thinking has on our emotions, our will, our attitudes, and even our spirits. God's word is his thoughts which generate life in those who embrace it. The Word of God does not reform the mind, it transforms the mind.

Hi Bob! I did not know quite where to put this in this group so I will put it in two different places in this group.I have a question that I have prayed about and I get no real feeling about conviction about it. I seek not only our Lord but also many counselors within the Body of Christ whom I deeply respect as teachers who will not judge.Anyway , here is my question

I do put up a Christmas tree at Christmas but in my mind,heart and soul there is NOTHING BUT JESUS. Was the meaning behind the Christmas tree not created by the pagans who did not know Jesus but let our enemy rule their minds? Is it really the tree itself or what satan put in the minds of the pagans who gave the tree its meaning that is evil? God does look at the heart and if one puts up a Christmas tree with only Jesus in their minds,hearts and souls and places a list of blessings that the Lord has blessed them with throughout the year rather than material worldly things, is it really wrong? I do pray you recieve this so that I can have some input on this answer I have been seeking on this. I struggle with this and the last thing I want to do is disappoint or grieve our God. God bless you brother.
In His Grace,
Nancy

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service