All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

17 As Jesus was setting out again, a man ran up to Him, knelt down in front of Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked him. “Nobody is good except for one—God.           Mark 10:17-18

Why did Jesus say this? Even though He was filled with The Spirit, is He telling us He still battled His flesh, as we do? Knowing He never sinned, are we shown the Victory of living for The Father and filled with The Spirit? For in this statement is He displaying for us His obedience and humility, to The Father?  We know  The Spirit of the LORD will rest upon Him, the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding, the Spirit of Counsel and Power, the Spirit of Knowledge and Fear of the LORD. Isa 11:2  So why did He say this?

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amanda I too want to believe he was convicted and obeyed.  I see that he followed the law, it was what he had been taught.  Like you I saw that he understood Jesus was not only different, but through His actions God clearly confirmed Jesus operated in True Power.  

What that young man needed to know was, he was putting his trust in his wealth; in his actions.  As you clearly pointed out, he was trusting in works, he was lacking in Faith.  Thank you for sharing.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service