All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Why do so many people look for a perfect world while living in a fallen world? The perfect world is yet to come.

Why do Christians expect an easy life on earth when God tells us that our life will be hard and full of trials and tribulation?

Has Christianity lost its way? Has the pulpit stopped presenting people with truth? Are pulpits failing to prepare them for a life of service and struggle while living as strangers in this fallen world?

Even a quick study of early church history, both from the NT era and the next two centuries tell us how difficult it is to be a Christian in a fallen world. Why do people think that the aged church will have it easier than the newly born church?

Views: 1383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been on that forum as well. (I think.) I did just want to point out that this sin does come as a result of God's actions and does not necessarily mean we are waiting to see what God is going to do. It appears that here He has already done it.

Roy, if I understand what you are saying correctly then the homosexual is a homosexual because God has already judged the person and he or she is therefore a reprobate and there's no more hope for that person's soul. If this is true, then there is no debate in this matter. We have to accept it.

This is where we get into trouble. We go further than the Word. What I am stating is what the Word says.

ok Amanda and royw... no hope for the homosexual soul???? please I hope I am misunderstanding this too. I surely am

Janie, I understand what a reprobate mind is. I've always thought that as long as someone is breathing there is hope and I'm still going to hold out hope to others.

My stance on it is what this article says and I'm going to leave it at that:

http://www.gotquestions.org/gay-Christian.html

I understand what reprobate means. We must call sin sin. I've always believed that homosexuality is forgivable. I will now just let God be the judge of what and whom He will forgive. I have no friends who are homosexuals. I know someone who is hermaphrodite but is celibate but not by choice. I've never committed homosexuality. I have sinned in other ways. I'm sorry for all those who are caught up in this sin. I'm not sure anymore how much hope anyone has. I'll just leave it all in God's hands. Good night all.

Amanda,

I believe God can forgive the homosexual. However, it does appear to me from Romans 1:21-28 that God has reacted to man's purpose to change the truth of God's Word into a naturalistic view of Creation. As a result of man's attempt to redefine His Word, He has turned them over to vile affections. We attempt to define homosexuality through evolutionary channels - certain genetic tendencies being passed down by certain females, etc., etc. Is homosexuality a result of mutations in the genes? Genetic problems are a result of the fall. That does not mean that those with bad genes cannot be saved. In the animal world homosexual tendencies seem to be a result of environmental problems. If someone is a victim of these tendencies, he should go to God for help. We all have to conquer our sin. Many would like to have several mates. Solomon had 700 wives. We all have sin to overcome. I do believe we can be saved. I also believe the homosexual can be saved in spite of whatever caused the unnatural tendency. Since it is a result of God's judgment (the Fall), Jesus is the answer to that. We celebrate His victory of sin, death and hell even this day. Any of you remember this old song?

Come, ye sinners, lost and hopeless,
Jesus’ blood can make you free;
For He saved the worst among you,
When He saved a wretch like me.

• Refrain:
    And I know, yes, I know
    Jesus’ blood can make the vilest sinner clean,
    And I know, yes, I know
    Jesus’ blood can make the vilest sinner clean.

Janie, I am not saying that there is not hope for the homosexual. There is hope for us all. It has a name. It is called, Jesus.

Roy, first I think we need to be very clear about what the bible truly teaches about homosexuality and then we need to preach the complete truth about it. I know that I can't feel good about not telling people the truth once I understand it correctly.  

Amen.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service