All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

When you feel down, beat-up or overwhelmed, what does God use to pick you up and get you through?

Lord Bless,

LT
TheNET Coordinator

Views: 873

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amanda,

I have no plans to go anywhere and I never tire of trying to help those who are truly seeking to be helped.

Here is another song to lift you up.

Lord Bless,
LT
TheNET Coordinator

Amanda... here what i hope will be an encouragement to you today.

Blessings, Carla
Amanda,

I really liek this comment: "I will be able to praise God again. "

That is a word of affirmation. You are seeing the end result and thus peaking over the next hill. God will finish His work, just keep reminding yourself that you are a work in progress.

Lord Bless,
LT
TheNET Coordinator
Amanda,

Feel free to ask it here.

Lord Bless,
LT
TheNET Coordinator
Amanda,

Will God always love me even if I give in to temptation and sin on purpose?
Actually, God’s love for you never changes. It is consistent. He loves you completely from the day you are born. His love does not fail. The difference is that His justice and righteousness must be met. Sin must be judged and paid for. That is exactly what Jesus did for you. He took your burden and penalty upon Himself and died for it on the cross shedding His blood that you may be fully forgiven. Thus, God’s love is not dependent on what you do, but on Who He is.

Is it ever God’s will for me to think how bad I am and believe God doesn't love me?
There are really two separate questions here. Yes, it is God’s will for you to think how bad you are. This is conviction brought on by the Holy Spirit that leads us to repentance that opens the door to salvation. After we are saved this conviction comes to help us stay in alignment with God’s will for our life. There is a right path to life and a right reason for following that path. The reason is because we love Him. The second part is not the will of God, but the lie of the enemy. God’s love for you will never cease or even diminish.

If it is difficult for me to believe that God loves me and forgives me, does that mean there is something wrong with my faith--that I don’t have a believing faith that leads to being saved?
This is not necessarily a sign of you not having faith, but rather a wrong understanding. You believe in God and trust the blood of Jesus for salvation, but your understanding is flawed (no disrespect, but that is the bottom line of it). You have probably been exposed to false doctrine at some point that has caused you to live in bondage that God never created for you.

Should I always pray to God, telling Him that I accept His forgiveness no matter how bad I think my sins are?
No. There is no need to reaffirm to God that you accept His forgiveness. If you repented and asked Jesus to be your Savior it is a done deal. You may spend time thanking Him for such a great gift and wonderful grace. Regarding your sins, if you are saved, the blood paid the debt and God would ask you “What sin?” The saved person is now a child of God and God may discipline a child, but not disown them.

Does it all depend on how much I believe Him?
No. It depends on simply whether you believe. Faith is the key, but it is either you trust Jesus for salvation or you do not. You cannot be 85% there. It is either 100% or 0% saved. Now there are other areas that we learn to trust God in our lives. Areas such as provision, protection, health, etc… These areas are affected by the measure of faith you have. Faith, other than salvation, grows over the life of a person.

In Romans 8:35-39, it says nothing can separate me from the love of God. Does that include my present sins of selfishness, bitterness, anger, and the big one of being unforgiving, even hating?
Yes. Picture it this way. You are saved by grace through faith. The rest is dealt with by God in us over various periods of time. We are not perfect, but being perfected.

Does it mean nothing has really come between me and the love God has for me and that He still embraces me but He does want me to change?
Absolutely.

Will it always be like that? He will never be pushed to His limits and give up on me?
He didn’t give up on you before you were saved. He sent Jesus to die for you. He isn’t going to give up on you now that you are saved, you are family. His grace is greater than any sin we can commit because the blood covers all.

And last, 1 John says no one born of God will continue to sin--but, obviously I do--so how can I really be born of God?
People have varied views on this. You do not continue in sin (life apart from God), you continue to commit sin. Your life of sin came under the blood and you now walk in grace. The sins you now commit are covered under the blood and the Holy Spirit will continue to work on releasing you of these various sins that you struggle with.

Lord Bless,
LT
TheNET Coordinator
Amanda,

The simple answer to what you stated said is, yes. God is guiding you into His truth step-by-step.

Lord Bless,
LT
TheNET Coordinator
Michelle,

Amen sister. I am sorry to hear about your recent stuggle and am praying for you that God would give you great joy, peace and comfort as you experience His presence and love.

Lord Bless,
LT
TheNET Coordinator
Hi Everyone,

Here is a great book. I read it years ago...but I was just reminded of it, and felt led to post it here.
Where is God when it hurts by Philip Yancey:
http://www.christianbook.com/where-is-god-when-it-hurts/philip-yanc...

Blessings, Carla
I made this one of my blogs and there are many things I could add here but I will go back to basics and tell you that nothing gets me lifted more than God's faithfulness.

We live in a world where we fail one another and even those folks who swore never to leave us nor forsake us, no matter what comes our way, either by our own wrong choices or by God allowing the trial to come our way ---- DO LEAVE AND FORSAKE US.

I find no better truth, no sweeter thought -- no better reality --- nothing compares to the unfailing love of the Lord.

In a world full of uncertainties and storms you can always count on one entity no matter what!!!!

YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON THE LORD. HE NEVER TURNS HIS BACK ON THOSE HE CALLED AND SAVED. HE NEVER LEAVES YOU NOR FORSAKES YOU REGARDLESS OF THE PREDICAMENT YOU FIND YOURSELF IN.
WHEN YOUR FREINDS AND THE WORLD HAS GIVEN UP ON YOU, WHEN YOUR LOVES ONES HAVE GIVEN UP ON YOU, WHEN THE CHURCH HAS GIVEN UP ON YOU, WHEN YOU HAVE GIVEN UP ON YOUSELF. GOD REMAINS, HE ALONE WILL NEVER STOP CALLING YOU WITH HIS LOVE, HE WILL LEAVE THE 99 AND GO LOOK (AND BEING THAT HE IS GOD - HE WILL FIND YOU AND RESCUE YOU) FOR YOU, FOR HIS NAME'S SAKE; NOT BECAUSE WE DESERVE IT OR EARN IT IN ANYWAY, BUT SIMPLY BECAUSE HE IS ABLE TO KEEP US. HE FINISHES WHAT HE STARTS IN US. GOD IS GOOD!!!!

THAT MY FRIENDS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL POSITIVE THOUGHT and TRUTH ONE CAN EVER COME TO KNOW, UNDERSTAND AND MOST OF ALL BELIEVE AND APPROPIATE FOR ONE'S SELF.

REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH BELOVED FRIEND IF YOU ARE READING THIS, GODS LOVE AND AMAZING GRACE IS CALLING YOU BACK.

HOLY, HOLY, HOLY IS OUR GOD!!!

ALL WE NEED IS AN UNFAILING LOVE - THAT ONLY GOD CAN GIVE - FOR ALL WE NEED IS TRUE LOVE!

There is also a Christian retrieve center here close to LA up on the mountains where you can go and rent a cave for a few days. They have many different rentals where you can get away from everything, it’s a real blessing, and you can't even get cell phone reception up in those hills, so I go there to have one on one with the Lord. The caves only have carpet on the floor and a light for you to be able to read. They do have a wooden door and that is it. You are there with the Lord, most folks fast during their stay there. So it is a blessing. I am actually going there to volunteer and get direction at this time in my life, so I will not be on here for about three months, I am still seeking God's face about that, but this is something I do when I need to recharge.

Love to you family.
David,

Amen, brother. I will continue to pray for God to reveal the title for the next chatper in your life and trust that God will start filling in all the details.

Are your really going away for 3 months to spend time with Jesus?

Lord Bless,
LT
TheNET Coordinator
Amanda,

You addressed this to David, but I would like to jump in on this one.

The key to this verse, like most of Scripture, is revealed in the context in which the verses in question are found. One cannot take a verse out of context and attempt to build a doctrine on it. Let’s examine chapter 9 a little closer

Verses 1 and 2 set the context. What is Paul referring to? He is talking about his position as an apostle that had come under attack. This is his calling and would be the same for me if someone attacked my call to the pastorate. Paul operates and serves the Lord as His chosen apostle to the Gentiles.

Verse 3 gives us the reasoning for this section being written. He is making his defense regarding his apostleship. He is addressing the church to refute those who had tried to discount him and write him off as an apostle.

In verses 4 through 12a he establishes his rights as an apostle. He makes it clear that these things are acceptable for him and others called to ministry.

Then he makes a specific point in verses 12b through 15. Speaking of himself and Barnabas, we did not use these rights. He cannot be accused of being in it for the profit. The inclusion of this makes it clear that at least one of the attacks upon his apostleship was that he was using the people, which is absolutely untrue. He served without receiving anything from them, at least in Corinth.

Verses 16 through 19 add more definition to the context. His apostleship is primarily about preaching the gospel. He serves the Lord voluntarily with a goal to win as many as possible.

He returns to defending himself in verses 20-23 by describing his ministry approach. He adapted to his audience without forsaking or compromising the gospel.

He concludes his defense by comparing his run as an apostle to that of a race. He subdues his body in order to fulfill the duties of an apostle. One can be removed as an apostle, teacher or preacher, but one cannot be removed from the family. He simply wants to finish well.

Note the connection between 1 Timothy 5:17-18 and 1 Corinthians 9:9.

Here is what Scofield has to say:
(Scofield Reference Notes )
[1] castaway
Gr. adokimos, "disapproved." Dokimos, without the private a, is translated "approved" in Rom 14:18 16:10 1Cor 11:19 2Cor 10:18 2Tim 2:15 Jas 1:12, by the word "tried." The prefix simply changes the word to a negative, i.e. not approved, or, disapproved. The apostle is writing of service, not of salvation. He is not expressing fear that he may fail of salvation but of his crown. See "Rewards" Dan 12:3 1Cor 3:14.

NIV
1CO 3:11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1CO 3:12 If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
1CO 3:13 his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work.
1CO 3:14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward.
1CO 3:15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

I see no discrepancy here regarding the assurance of one’s salvation and Paul’s teaching.

I hope this helps.

Lord Bless,
LT
TheNET Coordinator

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service