All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Time and time again,I hear so many say they cannot forgive others.
It is unrefutably the hardest thing in the world for us to be able to do as humans.
How much can this hamper our prayer life and our own Spiritual walk with the Lord? What are the affects it will have on us and what can we do about it if we find ourselves in that rut of unforgiveness?
Most of all I would like to know what advice can we possibly give to anyone who is struggling with unforgiveness?
Any help on this topic would be very greatly appreciated.
Thankyo all!
Love in Christ,
Nancy

Views: 760

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Nancy,

My recent response to you got stuck back on p.2. so, check it out.

Hey Group,

Interesting thing between the passages in Matthew (Chap.16&18) and John 20:23, John expressively mentions people, Matthew alludes to things (whatever).

John 20:23 has to refer to disciples (believers) witnessing at large to people. Those people who respond (BY  REPENTANCE) to the Gospel are saved and their sins are FORGIVEN. Those who will not believe (The sin of the world is unbelief in Christ Jesus, John 16:9), their sins HAVE BEEN RETAINED.

Then, when Jesus exclaimed from the cross, " Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do"(Along with Stepen, and other similar situations), I think that people today confuse this with automatic redemption.

We must remember the rest of the equation - THERE HAS TO BE REPENTANCE IN ACCEPTING JESUS' PAYING OF THE SIN-DEBT ON THE CROSS.There can't be a blanket for a cold world in becoming a child of God for nothing.

Remember what Peter says in Acts 2:38 - "REPENT, AND BE BAPTIZED EVERYONE OF YOU, FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS, AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT.This is key part of the formula of salvation.

And I totally agree with David V. - NO WAY can we humans play God, and forgive people of their spiritual sins to allow them a ticket to heaven. 

Grace and Peace.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service