All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Have you ever wondered why it is that so few believers know more than just a little about how to stand against the devil and his demons? For one thing, most churches do not teach about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit or the gifts of the Spirit which is the power of God in our lives to handle spiritual warfare. So, that eliminates most believers right there. But even for those who are taught the Baptism in the HS and spiritual warfare, very few churches  have in depth teaching on what spiritual warfare is and how to stand against the enemy. Most church goers in churches that do teach somewhat on this subject, look to the pastor to be the one to run the devil off.  But where does it say anywhere in the Bible that only the pastor or the church leaders have the empowerment to fight spiritual forces? Doesn't it say that all believers are empowered to stand against the enemy? 

I was once in a church and a man that came to a service was truly demon possessed and began to act-out right in the middle of the church service in front of everyone. Guess what happened? 99% of the church members ran out the back door of the church as fast as they could run lol! I'm laughing because I never forgot that as it made such an impression on me that day.  But in seriousness, it's not funny. The question is, why does the average believer know so little about spiritual warfare?

I know some believe that we just need to focus on Jesus  and not be concerned with what the devil is doing, that Jesus will take care of him. And I agree that we don't need to be looking for a demon under every bush.  When ppl sin it is not the devil that made them do it although many like to joke that it was- no ppl sin when they are drawn away through their own lusts- they choose it.

But on the other hand, we are told in the Word not to be ignorant of the devil and his devises.  In my opinion it seems like most believers are woefully under taught how to stand on the Word when it comes to spiritual warfare and I am sure that is just the way satan likes it.  I mean most believers are afraid to even utter the name of the devil, it's like they pretend he doesn't even exist. It is one thing not to say his name in order to bring undue attention to him and to instead bring more attention to the Lord. But it is another thing to be afraid of him and not know how to stand in spiritual warfare against him and his demons.

So, I don't think there will be any great knowledge extended in answer to my post since most of us are pretty much in the same boat on this topic, but just wondering if anyone has anything to share as to personal experiences they've had when it comes to spiritual warfare or why they think we as the Church aren't more prepared to stand against the wiles of the enemy?

Views: 3054

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a message regarding the Armor of God that some might find helpful:

The Armor of God - (01/01/12)

Lord Bless,

LT

Good morning LT,

I would like to read this article, but my computer has a problem with Internet Download Manager and won't let me bring it up.  Is it possible to send another way? Thank you.

Jane,

It is an audio message saved as a WMA file and requires Windows Media Player to play it. If you do not have Windows Media Player and still want to hear it, I can probably save it in another format since I still have the original digital recording. I would need to know the kind of audio file you can play.

Lord Bless,

LT

LT,

I went to the 2nd linc you gave me and was able to pull up the site.  I saw the linc for the audio program on the far right side of the page, but it was a no go. I then tried to click on other info, but nothing connected except a picture of you and your wife and a church picnic picture- I take it this is your church site. At this point my computer started to freeze.  So no idea why almost nothing on your site would come up. Not being a computer wiz, I don't know what audio file I can play. Usually I do not have any problem bringing up audios, videos or most lincs, but occasionally I am blocked with pop ups that say Internet Download Manager is not registered properly. Strange that I could not bring up hardly a single thing on your site-have never had that happen before. The problem with Internet Download Manager occurred when my computer was worked on not long ago. I have not had a chance to get it checked again. Thank you if you can get this to me the other way you mentioned. You are always so kind to try everything- that is something I really appreciate about you :)

Hmmm, Janie brought up something. Check and see if your pop-up blocker is on. It could be the fact because it functions as a pop-up that if your pop-up blocker is on that it will not work. I will work on a couple of other options later today.

BTW, thanks for the kind words :-)

Lord Bless,

LT

LT,

Lol, I always find it so funny when someone is trying to assist me with steps to take to linc on to something or other computer issues, as they will then give me another term I don't know. I know what pop ups are, but I don't know what the pop-up blocker feature is lol. I love computers and use mine everyday, but have never had a moment to become more computer literate. I so enjoy learning new applications when someone takes the time to show me. It is always simple, but then something else will come up that I don't know. Computers...you gotta love em. And you are welcome on the compliment- I never give em unless I think they are warranted :)

Trust me when I say that I am not much better, if at all, than you are regarding computers. I have had to learn a lot of computer stuff on the run and hope for the best. The pop-up blocker can be accessed from the menu that list File, Edit, View ... Tools, Help if you are using Internet Explorer. On the menu click on "Tools." Then highlight "Pop-Up Blocker." A sub menu should appear with one of the choices a being "Turn off Pop-up Blocker." Then try and see if the link here on AAG works. To turn the Pop-up Blocker back on just reverse the steps.

Lord Bless,

LT

Jane,

Try this ... hopefully it will work :-)

Hi LT,

Yea.. Operation Success- it is working! A funny thing, I was reading another post in the thread and I noticed sound coming through my Skype phone. I had not even clicked your audio on yet. So, yes, it is coming through now loud and clear. Incidentally, how long is the audio? Had a busy day today, but will get to it later tonight or tomorrow.  Thanks so much. Oh while I'm on the subject, I've noticed where some members give lincs to audio or videos, whether teaching or music. Does that take pre-approval?

The audio is about 35 minutes.

We do not require preapproval, but reserve the right to remove an item at any time. There are some guidelines such as acceptable doctine and not promoting a product or ministry, but rather simply conveying a good article or teaching. We also restrict in the area of personal contact info.  Hope that helps.

Lord Bless,

LT

Hi LT,

Listened to the audio and yes the Lord has given us ample weapons to defeat the enemy. To me its like a two part thing, not only does He give us all these weapons and protections, but as we grow to know who we are in Christ, we can stand up to the enemy in any situation. Right now, the area I am most concerned about is  the people I constantly encounter who are severely oppressed or possessed. The disciples made no bones about taking authority over situations and casting demons out. My spirit tells me it should be no different today, and if anything, we should be even stronger in the power of His might. So, I keep studying this subject to find out what changed that made the Church go backwards in this respect.

Jane,

I agree, but add two words of caution for the community as a whole.

1) As stated before, one needs to be sure that they are facing demonic activity before they attempt to exercise any demons. We must recognize that there is not a demon behind every problem or bad behavior and at the same time there is a lot of demonic activity taking place all around us. Discernment is needed.

2) Facing demonic activity is not for the novice or weak in faith. It is a very serious thing and can be dangerous if the person is not prepared for what they are getting into.

People need to be educated on this subject as you have pointed out and prepared to face the enemy when he raises his ugly head standing our ground in the authority given us in Jesus.

Lord Bless,

LT 

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service