All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Greetings

I have a question that has been on my mind a lot lately and I am
hoping that I can get some clarity on it. How important is it to be able
to speak in tongues and does the inability of someone not being able to
speak in tongues imply or mean that they aren't really christians ?
Please help

Views: 829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of Satan's great tricks is to attempt to counterfiet the work of God and with the counterfiet attempt to cause people to throw out the real deal with the false. If there was not a real deal, there would be little reason to counterfiet it ... would there based on your own article (monopoly money). Keep in mind that counterfiet is designed to be as close to the real deal as possible in order to fool people.

As I Pray for others, not knowing all the details, this is very useful. Many times much of what is going on it is not important to us, it may even interfere. Praying in the Spirit is a ideal fashion to intercede for others. Sometimes we are told what we Prayed about, other times I have been told it was none of my business. 1 Cor 14:2 For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won't be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious.
1Cor 14:5 I wish you could all speak in tongues, but even more I wish you could all prophesy. For prophecy is greater than speaking in tongues, unless someone interprets what you are saying so that the whole church will be strengthened.
1 Cor 14:18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than any of you. Paul is telling us he speaks in tongues more than any of them. I do not think it is a stretch to think he was Praying in the Spirit much of the time. Which is a very effective way to Pray.
1 Cor 14:39 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and don't forbid speaking in tongues.
Acts 10:44-47 44 Even as Peter was saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who were listening to the message. 45 The Jewish believers who came with Peter were amazed that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles, too For they heard them speaking in other tongues and praising God. Then Peter asked, 47“Can anyone object to their being baptized, now that they have received the Holy Spirit just as we did? Here we see the Jewish believers moved by Holy Spirit. As they witnessed Gentiles speaking in tongues and Praising God. Another confirmation that Jesus died for all and the Comforter given for all.
Mark 16:17 These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages These are the words of Our Lord Jesus Christ. “These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe,” We are believers why would these words not also include us, in this time?
Acts 2:4 And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
1 Cor 12::10 He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said.
Me personally I do not know why people are against this gift. Those in leadership must make sure order is kept. If a false word is spoken, it then needs to be dealt with. However, why do some think it has passed away? That time will come, but I do not believe this is that time. There is no need for division. Here is Paul telling us he will do both.
1Cor 14:15- 15 Well then, what shall I do? I will pray in the spirit, and I will also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand. 16 For if you praise God only in the spirit, how can those who don’t understand you praise God along with you? How can they join you in giving thanks when they don’t understand what you are saying? 17 You will be giving thanks very well, but it won’t strengthen the people who hear you. 18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than any of you. 19 But in a church meeting I would rather speak five understandable words to help others than ten thousand words in an unknown language. In a church meeting around people he will do both. These gifts are for the Body and to bring people into the Body. We operate in them with Faith. If there are counterfeit then those must come from the real thing. I do not know any other way.

Chris,

I aspire to be where you are. God bless you.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service