All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

My Bride who was born into Judaism and Born Again to become a Christian, still feels strong trends towards the Sabbath day being Saturday. So guys, we are fully aware that for Christians, the

day of worship are basicly every day. But kindly allow me to stir the pot some more.

Why hold church on Sunday and not Saturday? 

Views: 14622

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well I feel condemned - tks again David!

Gone for good!
:(

We love and miss the Askew family. You know that.
Personal assumptions (as in personal life or struggles) should not come into a discussion - unless that is the topic of the discussion - whether I am going through a hard time or not should not be brought up in this discussion - it is a discussion! It is almost like it is being used to discredit what is being said.

No I do not feel loved here David and a few others perhaps felt the same way because they are gone. None more so than by you - you are the worst offender and make but a joke of me. O poor Linda she just doesn't get it. She is so pathethic. I speak the truth. This is how I end up feeling. My faith is strong David - don't think me weak. Don't think yourself more solid and strong in your faith than others. I ask you - go through what I have been through the last 7 years - lets see how you would fair.

This truly is my last exchange (I cannot speak for Rod as he is a creature of habit and will probably hang around) - The Lord bless you all!

Linda Ruth

As a P.S. - I am on another site (apart from the one you know of David) and I have not encountered any of this - it has been a pleasant experience thus far.
Linda -

You have been loved here and will continue to be thought of dearly, but your attack to my person is uncalled for. I have not offended you in any way, nor done any of the things you say:

"None more so than by you - you are the worst offender and make but a joke of me. O poor Linda she just doesn't get it. She is so pathethic. I speak the truth. This is how I end up feeling."

Honestly I have no idea what you are talking about or where your statements are coming from. Truly those things do not bother me at all. God knows me and so does this community. I am not worry about your slander. However sister, I am concerned how you treat others here. Because you have turn the love that I have been given you into an attack on my person, without any merit, I will turn this over to LT and leave this up to his judgment.

You tell me : "Don't think yourself more solid and strong in your faith than others. I ask you - go through what I have been through the last 7 years - lets see how you would fair."

I do not know where this is coming from and wish you the best. I will be praying for you. May God bless you and yours. I am happy you have found a site that suits your needs. But abuse to members here will not be tolerated.

Blessings

David V.
Volunteer NET Moderator
As Rod said, from the book of Mark, “30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’[e] This is the first commandment.[f] 31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ".......
but then Jesus continues......."There is no other commandment greater than these.”
What 'I' propose is that: Argueing and bickering are unbecoming of Christian behaviour. (addressed also to myself)
I do not see how argueing and bickering fit into 'obeying' our Lord's commandment to #1. Love God, #2 Love your neighbor.
Hi forgiven ,I just read this piece this morning ,I pray that it helps .KNOW WHEN TO STOP The number-one reason most people lose arguments is not because they're wrong ; but because they dont know when to quit.There is a moment when you have marshalled all of the factual and emotional issues in your favor and have expressed them as best as you can.If you continue to hammer away ,you do nothing but build resentment in the person you are trying to persuade. This comes from a little book by John C. Maxwell ,called ''BE A PEOPLE PERSON Effective leadership through interpersonal relationships .It is a very useful book to me and may I strongly reccomend it to all,!!!......blessings Andrew
May the Lord bless you profusely Andrew; full to the top, pressed down and spilling over. (:
Andrew -

Thank you for sharing.

Love you
Raj,

I said this to you before in response to your comment below, which I highlighted :

>>Since coming to this site I have realised that it does not matter how you worship God as long as you love your God

I AM SO SORRY IF WE HAVE GIVEN YOU THAT IMPRESSION, I DO NOT SEE HOW WE HAVE DONE THAT, WHEN WE ALL CONTEND FOR THE OPPOSITE. We cannot and we should not worship God anyway we want to. God sets the rules of how to become part of His family and how to serve Him, worship Him, pray to him etc... Not us.

I pray you Repent of your sins and accept Christ as your Lord and savior.

I wish you would accept Christ as the Savior of your life and not so much the fact that He is the only way for a dying world to be save.

I wish you would embrace Christ and not a religion. Christianity is so much more than embracing a religion because you have friends there. I know God can use all that stuff to work in your heart and I hope He does.

Becoming a Christian is about Repenting and accepting God as Lord and Savior. BEING BORN AGAIN.

>> All those who believe in Him are saved no matter who you are or what you've done

Now, that statement is completly true. :)

Friend - we are free to worship Him every day. To set one day of the week a part to completely devote to Him is a beautiful thing. As far as worshiping Him anyway, shape or form goes, that is not acceptable, that statement is too broad of a statement to qualify it, so you would have to specify what you mean and what you are including in it.

Blessings
I have typed this, retyped it, and retyped it again.
I have re-written and searched for the right words to say over and over again. I have looked for Words that will not increase Rod and Linda's determination to leave AAG.

Previously there was very little activity with not much being discussed on AAG. I felt a need to get things moving
and placed the question of the Sabbath day on line.

After I had placed this subject for open discussion, LT put out a "Hot Topic" warning. Sadly we let it run while keeping a check on it. Now our common enemy is laughing his head off and we have become victims. I'm sitting here feeling like a dog with his tail between his legs. I guess even Roy and Dave, plus many others may well be feeling the hurt it has caused.
If there is anyone who should be stomped on, it's me. I am to blame, I overstepped the line and ask you all to forgive me, particularly Rod and Linda and all those who have experienced a need to walk away from the subject.
It has not been easy confessing this openly, here on AAG, but I could not allow my pride to ignore the issue that people are being upset. Therefore I ask the groups foregiveness. I also turn to Rod, Linda and all on AAG to not allow our common enemy to have his day, but rather that Christ will continue to rule supreme as we once again come together as His family here on AAG, listening to His words:
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
We have all been forgiven by Christ, may he give us the strength to stand up and be counted by forgiving each other.
I trust LT or Carla, will close this subject before more hurt is experienced.
The Lord Bless us all.
Ron
Hi Ron,

I am not leaving AAG.
Unless you know something that I don't. LOl

I am not upset with anyone or anything on AAG and I do not believe that this discussion should be closed down by LT. I am enjoying it.
This topic will always be an active discussion because we are talking about fundamental beliefs of the church.

I have asked quite a few questions here which so far have not been answered and I would still like to receive an answer.
Do not be saddened or glum for one second.

You are a man of God whom we greatly respect and love.

Cheer up and poke your tail back out where it belongs.
Blessings to you and Gene.
Love
Rod
This is a great article family, check it out,

>Question: "Does God require Sabbath-keeping of Christians?"

Answer: In Colossians 2:16-17, the apostle Paul declares, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” Similarly, Romans 14:5 states, “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.” These Scriptures make it clear that, for the Christian, Sabbath-keeping is a matter of spiritual freedom, not a command from God. Sabbath-keeping is an issue on which God’s Word instructs us not to judge each other. Sabbath-keeping is a matter about which each Christian needs to be fully convinced in his/her own mind.

In the early chapters of the book of Acts, the first Christians were predominantly Jews. When Gentiles began to receive the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ, the Jewish Christians had a dilemma. What aspects of the Mosaic Law and Jewish tradition should Gentile Christians be instructed to obey? The apostles met and discussed the issue in the Jerusalem council (Acts 15). The decision was, “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood” (Acts 15:19-20). Sabbath-keeping was not one of the commands the apostles felt was necessary to force on Gentile believers. It is inconceivable that the apostles would neglect to include Sabbath-keeping if it was God’s command for Christians to observe the Sabbath day.

A common error in the Sabbath-keeping debate is the concept that the Sabbath was the day of worship. Groups such as the Seventh Day Adventists hold that God requires the church service to be held on Saturday, the Sabbath day. That is not what the Sabbath command was. The Sabbath command was to do no work on the Sabbath day (Exodus 20:8-11). Nowhere in Scripture is the Sabbath day commanded to be the day of worship. Yes, Jews in Old Testament, New Testament, and modern times use Saturday as the day of worship, but that is not the essence of the Sabbath command. In the book of Acts, whenever a meeting is said to be on the Sabbath, it is a meeting of Jews, not Christians.

When did the early Christians meet? Acts 2:46-47 gives us the answer, “Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” If there was a day that Christians met regularly, it was the first day of the week (our Sunday), not the Sabbath day (our Saturday) (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2). In honor of Christ’s resurrection on Sunday, the early Christians observed Sunday not as the “Christian Sabbath” but as a day to especially worship Jesus Christ.

Is there anything wrong with worshipping on Saturday, the Jewish Sabbath? Absolutely not! We should worship God every day, not just on Saturday or Sunday! Many churches today have both Saturday and Sunday services. There is freedom in Christ (Romans 8:21; 2 Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:1). Should a Christian practice Sabbath-keeping, that is, not working on Saturdays? If a Christian feels led to do so, absolutely, yes (Romans 14:5). However, those who choose to practice Sabbath-keeping should not judge those who do not keep the Sabbath (Colossians 2:16). Further, those who do not keep the Sabbath should avoid being a stumbling block (1 Corinthians 8:9) to those who do keep the Sabbath. Galatians 5:13-15 sums up the whole issue: “You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.”

http://www.gotquestions.org/Sabbath-keeping.html

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service