All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Greetings all,

I will continue to try something on TheNET. I would like to see if we can engage in a Bible study using the forums. I hope to simulate a small group setting, but realize that there will be lag time. Here are the parameters that we will work with ... and this is open to everyone.

1) We are attempting to work our way through the gospel of John.

2) We will not tolerate negative comments made about a person or persons.

3) We are using the S.O.A.P. approach which = Scripture - Observation - Application - Prayer.

... 3a) Scripture text from the Gospel of John using KJV (no copyright attached)

... 3b)Observations about the particular text. What is being said, what is going on, who is involved and what might be the points being made?

... 3c) Application of the text/teaching to our lives today.

... 3d) Prayer pertaining to that which we have sought to discern.

4) It is appropriate to ask questions along the way.

5) I operating as the facilitator and teacher of this online group/class, but want the open participation of others.

6) At the end of each week (Friday's) I will close the current one and start a new one.

This Week's Scripture to discuss:

Joh 2:1-11 KJV And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: (2) And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. (3) And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. (4) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. (5) His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. (6) And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (7) Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. (8) And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it. (9) When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, (10) And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. (11) This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

Views: 253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't drink, period.  I never did like wine at all.  But I used to drink other stuff.  And I did it only because I wanted to get drunk...for whatever the reasons at the time.  So I don't touch it at all now.  I never liked the taste even before.  But I held a life group at one person's home and she had wine in the fridge.  My inward response was I cringed at this, and yet, this was her private home and I've never seen her drunk.  Maybe they just had it for dinners, many people do have wine with their dinner.  And Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach. 

Now I see nothing wrong with Christmas either, but do I not have a tree in my home because a neighbor might see it and be offended?  The tree is in my home for me and my son to enjoy.  I like the decorations.  I'm not celebrating anything except a time to decorate and take off work...I especially like the take off work part.  LOL  It also gives reason to get my son to clear out some of the old toys.  ;-)

We have to somehow strike a balance between not trying to offend, and not trying to cater to everyone too.  Otherwise we can end up in more bondage than we came out of.  ;-)

Oh my and just after all this, I got a joke email from Billie Adams and the last line says:

Wine does  not make you FAT ........

- it  makes you LEAN ....
(Against tables, chairs, floors,  wall
s,  etc)

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service