All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Does regeneration occurs before we are saved or after? If we receive the Holy Spirit after we are saved, how can regeneration occurs before we are saved? Yet, God draws us to Christ.

If we can't come to Christ on our own, then we need a regenerated heart to do it.

Views: 1644

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dean..  I love this testimony..  God is Awesome. :-D  (BIG smile reading this--Thanks)..  :-D

Dean.

My brother, words tend to have multiple meanings. The way regeneration is being use in this discussion is different than how you are using it.

We are using it to discribe the new birth and not a gradual, intellectual planting of the seed (the word)in a life.
Blessings bro.
But David how does the new birth take place if not by a planting of the seed (the word). If you notice in my comment people were involved but The Lord was very much at work very much a Spiritual move. I was far from intellectual.
The new birth takes place by an act of God beloved, the word is at times the vehicle used, but not always.
Absolutely  the Lord is the Vehicle of the New Birth. As is apparent by all the isms man can percieve if it were not for The Lord man would be lost in all thier foolish disagreements.  With the Lord drawing  and regenerating us we learn our diversities are a blessing not a reason for division. 

Ama,

Good distinction and I thank you for your comment. What you have stated is very true beloved. I however was only referring to the written word. But again good catch sis.

It was the spoken word of God into my spirit that dropped me to my knees, since I had no knowledge of Scripture. I had read it and never understood it and had no teacher to teach me. It was God's spoken word into my dead spirit (dead in trespasses and sins) that made me alive.

Love you

Ama,

Good questions to ponder about and seek answers to. I am convinced by scripture that both things play apart in the birth of a person.

Like in salvation, soveriegnty and our ability to choose play a part. The two are reconciable.

Amanda

So do we choose God? Absolutely. We make a real to choice to repent of our sins and choose to follow God. But, scripture is also clear that God chooses us before we choose him. The Bible doesn’t try to reconcile these two truths, but instead presents them side by side.

Amen!

:-D
Wow Amanda  what a thought have to run but will be back to throw in my 2 cents. Just as a peek I believe the natural laws God's natural laws  and at the same time realize God's supremacy authority. Sorry will be back.

Amanda,  I just have to interject here...  staying neutral.  But i want to address your comment:

maybe people just ended up on the planet because of the command to multiply.

The scriptures show us that this is not true, as God works in the lives of people throughout the stories in the bible.  Scripture has shown that people are born with a purpose which God ordains.  Here are some names...  David, John the Baptist, Moses, Joseph, Mary, Jesus...  many others..  all had a purpose in bringing about God's purposes.  God has created all people... (psalm 139) .. I can't believe that God created 'some' people and not others..  So that leads me to believe that He created all people.

Amanda, 

Here is a definition of God:

God

[god] Show IPA
noun
the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.

...just because some rebel and reject Him, it doesn't mean He didn't create them.  Their rejection and rebellion is on their own heads.. not God's. Each one of us is accountable to Him.  If that weren't the case, then people could argue for their salvation at their death..  God is conspicuous in this world.  He has not made His existence a secret.  Because of what Jesus has done, He has also made it possible for us to approach Him with confidence and boldness. 

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service