All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I've reached a point where I can't even center myself enough to pray. I know that sin cuts us off from God and even though I've asked His forgiveness I don't feel forgiven. Sometimes I commit the same sin and can't understand why I keep failing. I have asked God countless times to deliver me but I keep falling prey to it. It's a vicious cycle and I despise myself more each day. I used to take great comfort in my relationship with God, I had strong ties with my church congregation but now I don't even feel like I belong there. Whenever I try to pray either my mind goes blank or I feel guilty for all the mistakes (sins) I've committed during the course of the day.  The two most influential Christian women in my life died in the past 3 years and I miss their guidance & seeing their peace and serenity with God in spite of their trying circumstances. I'm more like a person drowning right now - about to pull everyone else under.  Does not being able to pray happen to other Christians at times and how does one overcome it?  

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

God has indeed forgiven you, but you have not forgiven yourself. Sounds like you have riddled yourself with so much guilt that this has not allowed you to truly open up and allow God to be that ever strong presence in your life. Once you have honestly received Jesus into your heart and are following him then your sins are forgiven because when Jesus died on the cross he has forgiven our sins- past, present, and future. This is what most people don't understand or get. Yes we are all going to continue to sin the rest of our time here on earth. We sin in our mind while we are sleeping. You just can't get away from it. Every thought, every look, every things around us is sinful in nature on this earth, but remember the good thing is we are saved!! I would say one good thing is that we feel guilty and have a conscience about things when they happen.

Often it takes time to overcome certain sins. You may have to break whatever the pattern is or take those things out of the equation that are causing you to want to sin.

Do know that God can and will get your thru this. He hears our prayers regardless of what you say thru your mouth he knows what is in your heart and mind. It is human nature to sin and it is human nature to not always pray in the way we feel is "correct". Sometimes it helps if you actually have a specific prayer written down that you can read and overtime memorize. It can help you to focus.

I love Stormie Omartian and her prayer books. It gives me a "templete" persay on how to pray and that helps me to keep focused on the sin at hand.

You just need to forgive yourself and not think badly of yourself because you are going thru this time. Thsi could also be a lesson that God is teaching your thru all this and he is working on drawing you closer to him.

I sometimes feel almost embarassed because one of my best friends is such a Prayer Warrior and after she prays I feel there is nothing left for me to say. I feel ashamed to even open my mouth up and a lot of times I have no clue as to how to pray- like I know what I want to pray about, but the words just don't come out, don't come out "right" or get all jumbled up and sidetracked.

You are not alone!! We all do this.

All that God ask us to do is to confess.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service