All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Tammy will be thrilled to know that Joyce Meyer's site was down a bit today and therefore, I took to listening to Jackie Francis Chan.  LOL I gotta pull her chain on this occasionally. 

So Chan is talking about how most people say they're not persecuted because we live in America and he disagrees.  He says if we're not persecuted it is because we don't go to the dangerous places to preach.  He quotes about Paul going into the places he knew were dangerous but doing so because that's where God told him to go.

Ok...so God told Paul to go there.  To some He called as pastors, some teachers, some evangelists, etc.  And to some...maybe He told them to be missionaries, to go into dangerous places, etc.  Perhaps He has another call for others.  If we're not being shot at, imprisoned or threatened with death...is that all there is to persecution?  How about being refuted by relatives, neighbors, friends?  They may not threaten our lives, but then did God tell each of us to leave your home and family and go into the most dangerous places you can find?

Views: 940

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hermeneutics?

You, and Roy with his facetious, are determined to make me pull out a dictionary.

LT - I'll be honest, I would love to meet you face to face :)

Ummmm should that be viewed as friendly or a threat?  LOLOLOL!

Friendly :)

Grazer, and I you ... friendly of course :-)

We should sort something out, I'm being serious :) Its hard to meet in the middle though, that would mean meeting in the Atlantic lol

I knew it!  See LT!  He's already trying to drown you.

Hahaha

The biggest problem for me is that as a protestant pastor I did not have to take a vow of poverty ... it comes naturally :-)

Maybe you need to change denominations.  A lot of Pentecostal pastors have money.  :-o

:-)

Where abouts in the US are you?

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service