All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I have an interview Friday for an investigator position for a paranormal society group in my area. How does that play in with Christianity? I've been fascinated with the paranormal since I've been little. I feel like it would be really awesome to help alleviate families who are being haunted by unseen forces and to help bring their lives back to normalcy. I wouldn't be playing with a ouija board or anything like that. I'm not interested in dealing with demonic spirits and I understand the severity of dabbling in such things. I do not, however, believe that all spirits are demonic. Any thoughts?

Views: 345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kayla,

I'm curious as to why you asked how this 'plays in with Christianity', but yet you reject the input that you received?  I'm concerned for you...  I pray the Lord will protect you. 

This seemlingly small thing can open doors to bigger things..  Have you heard of the frog in the boiling pot of water?   The premise is that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. 

I guess my question is, why ask if you were planning to do it anyway?

In Love, Carla

Thanks :-) And I asked because I just wanted to know what other people thought. It wasn't going to change my mind either way. 

Kayla,  I tell you this in love.. it doesn't matter what we think, it matters what God says about it.  This is no laughing matter.  Our standards are for believers so that God's name won't be slandered, so that He is Honored and Glorified.  At this point this is between you and God.

~Carla

Amanda.  Thanks sweetie....It was really amazing.  I hope to return next year with my boys.  I'm so glad I went.   I was so blessed to be there.

Blessings, Carla

?
paranormal?
Like "ghosts."

Kayla -

I want you to know that whatever you decide to do, you will have our prayers and love. We will not turn our backs on you regardless of your choices on this. You are part of our family and we love you as such. We love you enough to tell you the truth and not the truth according to "us," but to the word of God, which has proven itself throughout History to be what it claims to be.

Why do you think that all spirits are not demonic? Is it because some see what they they call ghosts and are not harm or scare by them? Well sis, if you want to have humanity preoccupied with such things would you do just that if you were from the kingdom of Satan. I mean that is exactly what I would do. As long I can keep humanity thinking about "Whatever" rather than God I would have done my job.

Checkout what this site says to those who want to be Paranormal Investigators:

1 Do your homework. Read everything you can on ghosts, poltergeists, UFO sightings and any other kind of paranormal activity. Study the investigations of these phenomena to get a sense of how paranormal investigators approach their work. Learn the lingo and the different types of paranormal activity that may be encountered in an investigation.

2 Join a local paranormal investigation group. Check out The _______ website or the _______ website for information on groups in your area. If there are no groups in your area, consider attending a conference out of town or even starting your own group.

3 Take a class. Many organizations now offer courses in paranormal investigation. ____ College and the ___________ Society both offer courses you can complete from the comfort of your own home.

4 Invest in some equipment. At a minimum, a respectable paranormal investigator needs a camera, a notebook, a tape recording device and a flashlight. More experienced paranormal investigators invest in EMF detectors or meters which pick up disturbances in electric and magnetic fields.

5 Start investigating. Go to a site where paranormal activity has been witnessed or recorded and have some fun. Use the techniques you learned from your books or class and perform your own investigation. The best way to become a paranormal investigator is through real life experience. EOA

Wow! In other words become completely distracted from real life in Christ to be immersed in the games demons play with humans. Wow!!!

The bible:

Acts 16:

Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved." She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her.

As Christians we want nothing to do with demons, even when they are proclaiming a truth, because they only do it with ill motives. A medium is able to tell a family truth about the death of their love one etc, but its only done to entangle them and make them dependent upon such demonic practices. The girl in Acts 16 was speaking truth about Paul and his companions but she was only doing it to win their favor and to maybe gain credibility for her ability granted by the demon in her. Never in scripture are we told to stop an investigate the demonic, but only to have nothing to do with them and cast them out when God leads us to do so.

This topic is an intriguing one, no doubt, the paranormal sells like hot cakes in today’s TV society, but this is what the word states we should be meditating on and working to gain:

Philippians 4:8 (King James Version)

8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1 Peter 1 13 Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”[a]

17 Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. 18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.[b] 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For,

“All people are like grass,
   and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
 25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

1 Peter 2

1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

2 Peter 1

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Sis - You want to investigate something amazing and more powerful than anything in the universe. Investigate this and you will truly be able to help people. Investigate what it means that God has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. He has made it possible for us to participate in the divine nature.  And given us power by indwelling us with the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8).

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

Thank you. I'm not offended or anything. I respect what everyone has to say. That's why I asked  :-p
You have a beautiful attitude Kayla. :-)

Do ghosts exist? Might there be a Casper the friendly ghost out there? The answer is a "no." Scripture is very clear about our futures when we die. We will either go to heaven or hell. There is no in-between state. A person's spirit does not stay around once death occurs. What happens to an individual that is not walking with God? We have an example given to us by Christ. The rich man found himself in hell being tormented in flames.

Luke 16:22-24  "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In hell,  where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.' NIV

For the believer, to be absent from the body mean to be present with the Lord. So, who are these friendly and unfriendly ghosts if they are not the souls of our precious family and friends? Well, my friend, they are what are known as familiar spirits. There are only two kinds of living beings that have been created by God: angels and humans. There are no others. If these ghosts are not the souls of humans, they must be the fallen angels. The Bible tells us that Satan, a fallen angel, will do anything to deceive the world even appearing as an angel of light or maybe even a friendly or unfriendly ghost.

Kayla, when you start messing around with these ghosts or alien beings of some kind, you are really messing around with demons or fallen angels. You will be deceived and you will hurt. This is not a possibility, this is a sure thing. Satan is seeking those he can destroy. There is nothing friendly about him. He may appear as a friendly guy but his only intention is to absolutely destroy your life. He is smarter than you are. He will win if you play on his level.

I have read the advice of many and those that I know to be very wise individuals are strongly encouraging you not to get involved with these satanic beings. I pray that you will listen to their advice.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service