All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

It's my thoughts that not as many Christians are truly saved as every one thinks there is. In fact even some that say there a Christian might not be. The facts is that every person on earth sins daily, and that would mean you would need to ask daily for Jesus to forgive your sins. Do you die to sin daily? This is one thing that true Christian persons do.
And your life is always changing if your a true Christian person. And how is God able to change your life daily? If you don't every day of your Christian life renew your mind in his word? So yet one more thing we are told as Christian people to do.
Now there is people out there that say once saved always saved. But backside daily. What may I ask does the son of God say about them? He says anyone that put his hand to the pow and turns back is not fit to enter the kingdom of God. So how many backsliders is there that think there going to heaven.
The Bible tells us to be perfect as God in heaven is perfect. Can people be perfect if Jesus is not asked into your heart daily? Remember it's only by grace that we are saved.
Don't think that God has not made a way for you, but think if your on the way he truly made for you.

Views: 1032

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another article pertaining to this topic states:

In the end, the age of accountability is not a certain age but the theological idea that God's grace extends to those too young to make a decision to follow Christ by faith as the Bible teaches (Ephesians 2:8-9). We can trust that the Lord's grace covers those unable to respond as He has commanded, yet we must continue to strive to share the gospel message to all who can believe and stand in need of the salvation only Jesus provides.

Read more: http://www.compellingtruth.org/age-of-accountability.html#ixzz2mcq9...

It is my opinion that we should not assume children and people are safe due to age and mental handicaps. We must share the gospel with everyone.

Amen

Mark 16:15

English Standard Version (ESV)

15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

No, we don't assume.  But I just believe there is an age, different for all, that God looks at.  It's not up to us to look at or make assumptions, but I just don't think it's a hope filled message for those who feel even children go to hell if they haven't accepted Christ.  I don't think many believe that, but I've seen a few that have and I find it sad really.

I understand how you feel. Children and infants died in the flood which was judgment and died every time Israel in the OT was judged and given over to their enemies. I've struggled with this, too. I'm seeking to know Him and His ways better, but I know whatever He does is just and fair.

Yeah I understand children and infants die...we live in the world and there is death.  But eternal damnation in hell for one who wasn't capable of knowing what it meant to accept Christ...that is something I cannot fathom God would do, especially when He spoke many times about the children, it's apparent they are precious to Him.

We must keep in mind that the Scriptures teach no one is innocent. The judgment on the first world was divine justice. I don't know if any of those people inherited eternal life, including the children. I'm sorry. I just can't say either way, no matter what I want to believe.

Amanda,

I just can't say either way, no matter what I want to believe.

Agreed.

This is a tough subject because of the sensitive nature of the issue. Our hearts lean one way, but we must examine Scripture to seek to find the truth regardless of where that truth leads.

Lord Bless,
LT

I just can't say either way, no matter what I want to believe.

I just lean towards the way that is more hopeful as I doubt any of us will know the correct answer until we're face to face with Him. 

Eric,

I am sure Carla will respond shortly, but I will inject here that your view is inaccurate and your initial premise is what is causing you the greatest problem in understanding the truth. You assume man is good by stating the "good person" and Jesus said that none are good but God alone. You assume man is innocent, when the Bible tells us that we are all guilty, we all fall short of the glory of God and are spiritually dead. You assume that they are spiritually alive, when they are not. Doing the best you can to follow God is not ever going to get someone into heaven ... even in the OT it has always been by faith.  The Bible says that there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Jesus says I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me. Jesus says He is the gate and many try to come in by other means, but only the ones who come through the gate (Jesus) will be saved.

Romans 10:9-17 is the answer to your dilemma taking note that this is the same letter and same human author (under the unction of the holy Spirit) who says the following:

Rom 10:9-17 NIV84  That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  (10)  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.  (11)  As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."  (12)  For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,  (13)  for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."  (14)  How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?  (15)  And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"  (16)  But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?"  (17)  Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

The bible teaches that man is lost and in need of a Savior. For those who never hear the gospel and respond they remain in the default lost state.

Lord Bless,

LT

On the main page, the Scripture for this day is:

John 10:7

7 So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

John 10:9-10

9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service