All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

is it ok for a christian to listen to music in the secular world cos sometimes when i do , i get this warning nin my spirit that it conflicts with the spirit of god that is in me.someone said they get inspiration for those songs from the devil so listening to it makes me have a little of the spirit of satan in me.

Views: 597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lucy,

I still have that music on my profile. I still bump the heavy rap style and love it, plus many other styles. I still enjoy the heavy rock etc... styles, whose lyrics are God honoring.  My point was a personal point to Grazer, I have never like techno, rave, that is a simple statement. The majority of us don't like one or more styles of music. I pretty much like everything except rave, but if anybody out there likes the one that endeavors to bring God Glory, that is their choice.

My point was and still remains that from the multitude of styles out there, the techno/Raved style is one that has been made specifically for drug use. That can be said about heavy rock or rap as well, but rave music (the secular one) has been engineer for that purpose, unlike heavy Rock and Rap.

The rap and Rock I still have on my page is hard core for some, but the lyrics cannot be denied to be God glorifying.

I have listened to some rave songs that are suppose to be God glorifying and seriously find them lacking, but on this matter it is simply my opinion. In theological matters I very seldom give my opinion, but in this topic, this is simply my opinion.

from the multitude of styles out there, the techno/Raved style is one that has been made specifically for drug use. That can be said about heavy rock or rap as well, but rave music (the secular one) has been engineer for that purpose, unlike heavy Rock and Rap.

I think this is a bit off the mark, way off the mark in fact. Yes, a lot people take drugs at raves, yes some of the songs do talk about drugs as a good thing but so does just about every other event and genre of music. The number of lyrics from the MC's about love peace and unity, about treating people equally, about treating them with respect are numerous. For me and for many other ravers I've met, it was never about drugs it was about expression united by something bigger than ourselves.

To say the music (and therefore by extension the rave scene) has been engineered for drug use is wildly inaccurate and frankly ignorant. It may attract certain people but that's far far different to say it's been deliberately engineered. It may be your opinion Dave but this is one that is completely unsubstantiated.

yes, personally I am far more alarmed by some of the sick heavy metal lyrics I have seen, and some of the gang promoting, violent rap music that's out there, than dance music . and lets not forget the over sexualised regular chart music that our children are bombarded with on the TV channels/radio. In fact from these 4 Id say dance music is the least harmful.

Psalms 47:1 Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph!

Psalms 150:1-6 Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty firmament! Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise Him with loud cymbals; praise Him with clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!

Ok Grazer - So you are passionate about rave - ok dude I get it. Yet my opinion stands.

I personally don't like rave and still think, even though you may think that is an ignorant opinion or speculation, that it has been engineer with drug users in mind and by drug users.

Rave are parties that originated mostly from acid house parties, which featured fast-paced electronic music and light shows, which very often, not always, are associated with the use of "club drugs" such as ecstasy, cocaine, amphetamines and, more recently, ketamine and 2C-B.

It is an extremely obvious fact that the people creating the music (Engineering it) have in mind a connection between the vibrations generated by the wave sounds, to enhance the drug use experience. I have been at raves and didn't like them. I was never into socially taking drugs, but i have known DJ's who would tell you without a centimeter of shame that one of their main goals when engineering the music, is to create something that will totally enhance the drug experience. I tried many things in my short life, wait, I am kind of old now hahaha but never like rave.   

If you like it, it’s all good bro, I am not mad at you for it, it’s your choice, but to tell me that there is not a huge section of that culture engineering music that will enhance the drug use, is really naive of your. You know better than that. Does everyone engineering rave music have that purpose in mind, I have no idea and would have to guess the answer is an obvious, no, but I do know a large segment of that culture does.

>>To say the music (and therefore by extension the rave scene) has been engineered for drug use is wildly inaccurate and frankly ignorant. 

Satan has his hands in everything that has to do with the entertainment world. Satan is not a figment of our imagination, he does create through his servants such music, movies etc... Now i did not say Music in general has been engineer for such purposes,  so you are misquoting me, take a chill pill - i know you love rave, is all good young man, is all good, I said techno, rave music has, not by extension, but by design.

>>It may be your opinion Dave but this is one that is completely unsubstantiated

Ok - God bless you bro.

God can take anything and regenerate it, music for one, so rave music can be use to bring him glory, I personally don't like that style of music, but praise God for those who are reached through such means.

Well back tracked Dave.

Grazer,

I think we would all agree that music affects us deeply.  The beat, the rhythm, the words..  it all has an impact on us.  Certain things may 'feel' right..  but since we are not in our glorified bodies YET, we can easily be mislead.  We do have God's Spirit living inside of us, but we are also still here on earth, and even though Jesus has won and we know the end result, we are still here fighting.  Because we are still here fighting, we need to make sure that everything we have in our arsenial is of God.  In order to be Victorious, we need to make good choices.  Music effects our thoughts, which effects our actions.  I can't imagine any of Christ's disciples during the time when Jesus was here on earth giving into anything that was not honoring to God.  It may seem harmless..  but as those who are 'In Christ' we have to take it a step further..  'Will this thing bring Glory to God?'  Is listening to this music bringing Glory to God?  If the answer is 'no' in any way, then what is the use of it?

This scripture comes to mind...

Phl 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is [fn]lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, [fn]dwell on these things.

Hi Carla

It's interesting that when I put I listen to certain music the comment that gets made is 'Will this thing bring Glory to God?' To me, for hardcore music at least, the answer to that is a resounding yes!!!

okay..  I don't understand that, but I guess I don't have to.

which part?

I don't understand how hardcore music could be Glorifying to God.  I don't understand how it could put good thoughts in our minds and hearts so that we will think on things that are true, honorable, right, pure and of good repute.  I don't see the excellency in it, and I don't see how it is worthy of praise.

It opens my mind, it opens my heart, it allows me to express my feelings for God without inhibition and without shame. That is the excellency of it, it in itself is not worthy of praise but no music is; God is worthy of our praise and hardcore music lets me do that. Not all hardcore music lets me do that I admit but I don't dismiss an entire genre because of it.

There are so many pre-conceptions about the music and those who listen to the music and attend the events. It's a stigma I've learned to live with

again..  I don't think it's a stigma..  and I don't understand it.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service