All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Hi Everyone,

During my bible study yesterday we were studying this parable:

Parable of the Marriage Feast

1Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying,

2"A)'>(A)The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a B)'>(B)wedding feast for his son.

3"And he C)'>(C)sent out his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast, and they were unwilling to come.

4"Again he D)'>(D)sent out other slaves saying, 'Tell those who have been invited, "Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and my fattened livestock are all butchered and everything is ready; come to the wedding feast."'

5"But they paid no attention and went their way, one to his own farm, another to his business,

6and the rest seized his slaves and mistreated them and killed them.

7"But the king was enraged, and he sent his armies and destroyed those murderers and set their city on fire.

8"Then he said to his slaves, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.

9'Go therefore to E)'>(E)the main highways, and as many as you find there, invite to the wedding feast.'

10"Those slaves went out into the streets and gathered together all they found, both evil and good; and the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests.

11"But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw F)'>(F)a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes,

12and he said to him, 'G)'>(G)Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless.

13"Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into H)'>(H)the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

14"For many are I)'>(I)called, but few are J)'>(J)chosen."

Who is this man?

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He is the guy that only came for the free food, but not the spirit and joy of sharing in the occassion......held 'no value' or respect for the event he was called to, except to stuff his face.
Amen Eric,

That would be a beautiful thing...
Blessings, Carla
Well I was going to post on the whole Jewish tradition of a wedding feast so that we would understand but see that I have already been beaten to that. However knowing that repetition is the key to learning I will repeat and add my two cents. After all repetition is the key to learning :)

In the days of Jesus it was traditional for the host of the wedding feast (the grooms family) to provide every guest with "wedding attire" because all travel was done on dusty and dirty roads and the fact that to be invited to the feast you would go with the groom to claim the bride from her family and travel back to his house with them. Having done so you would arrive dirty and your clothes would be covered with grime so the wedding host (father of the groom) would provide you with a robe called wedding attire.
Now taking this to the parable that Jesus gives we know that this "man" has been invited. Because the King invited all but upon arrival this man refused to be cleaned and clothed. The point of this parable was not the mans clothes but the attitude of rebellion that kept him from changing his clothes when all the other guest did. The man was speechless in my opinion because he couldn't see his need for a change. It was his unwillingness to take the change of clothes offered to him that got him removed from the wedding feast not his state of attire. His state was an outward sign of an internal problem. Hope that helps
Yes, this is very good.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service