All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

What did Jesus mean with those words?

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Cesar

Matthew 10:32-36 (New International Version)

32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'[a]

Jesus is saying, be a witness and spread his truth, His gospel.
If you stand before man and preach the truth that Jesus brought, then he will stand for you before His Father.

If you deny Jesus then He will not stand for you come judgement.

Jesus said ' who are my mother and brothers, they are these who have gathered with him to hear his truth", not his biological family who are outside the door waiting to speak to him.
Our family are now our Brothers and Sisters in Christ, those who have joyfully accepted His word and truth.
Those who have accepted His sacrifice for us and His salvation.
Praise God

Blessings
Rod
Thank you, Rod. But why did he say “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword. I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Your enemies will be right in your own household!’[l]

What sword? Does it mean we are not going to have peace on earth until the end of time?
Cesar,
The sword is His word and it is used against the Prince of this earthly world, Satan.

Some family members will believe and others won't, therefore brother will be against brother and father against son.
Either we are for God or we are for this world, Satan.

If we are for the world then we are an enemy of God.
If we have accepted Jesus and our family members have rejected the truth then they are our enemy because they are an enemy of God.
Only the truth can set us free.
This world is a lie and will hold us captive until judgement if we do not accept the truth of Jesus Christ.

Blessings
Rod
Amen. Glory be to God.
Great explanation, Rod and one that I agree with. Living in this world is difficult, when we need to abide by God's laws and to get along with people who will never accept Christ. However, if we can keep peace, even with our enemies, we are showing them that lives can be more pleasant. Does this mean follow where they lead? No! but if they can see our peace, they might gain some of their own and want to know about our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus. When they won't accept our peace, that peace that believing in Christ gives us, and they continually are combative, we need to get out of their way and let the world devour the world.

Blessings,
Rita
I think of how there were religious Jews who were so against Jesus forgiving people. People of this world can be against admitting that they need forgiveness, plus ones can be very against forgiving ones who have hurt them and done other wrong. So, if we are interested in loving and forgiving any and all people, this has us divided from worldly folks who want us to judge and condemn people and not have any hope for how God is able to change any person to become a child of His love: love "hopes all things," we have, in 1 Corinthians 13:7. Worldly folks can tempt and pressure us to join them in holding grudges against an ex, etc. So, we should make sure that this is how we are divided, and not just because of doctrinal and religious differences and who kept the dog after the divorce, etc.

So, an important way we confess Jesus before men is how we stand for forgiveness with hope for any person, at all, to be changed by God into a loving person who is enjoying and obeying Him. But we see how ones don't want to believe certain evil people can be cured, but they want just lawsuits and revenge, etc., and not to have compassion like You, LORD, have had compassion on us.
Amen, Rod, right on!
Check it out, Brothers and Sisters. Hebrews 4:12," For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.".
So many un-believers in this world don`t like, are afraid of, or don`t want to be reminded of.........Jesus Christ. Have you ever noticed,
people will talk about God, but if someone mentions Jesus` name in the conversation, the atmosphere changes?
"That at the name of Jesus every knee schould bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."(Philippians 3:10-11).
These passages cause alarm and anger to many folks, and to particularly Jewish folks in Jesus` time (Matthew 10) when He divided families with his Gospel.
And His words carry through today to His Disciples: To show and tell the Word of God wherever, whenever, and however; or
He might show and tell us before His Father = "I never knew you".(from Matt. 7:23).
Grace and Peace.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service