All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

AIN'T TRYING TO BE MEAN ,BUT HAS ANY BODY EVER SEEN THE T. V. PREACHER JOEL OSTEEN PREACH THE "GOSPEL"? WHEN I SAY GOSPEL I MEAN PREACHING BOUT JESUS BEING BORN A VIRGIN,DYING ON THE CROSS FOR OUR SINS AND BEING RAISED FROM THE DEAD BY OUR FATHER?ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS AND ASKING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST INTO OUR LIVES AND BECOME OUR LORD AND SAVIOR! THERE IS SALVATION IN THAT,BUT NOT HEARING HOW SUCESSFUL YOU CAN BE !SUCESSFUL MONEY WISE ON THIS EARTH? IS IT NOT DANGEREOUS FOR A PREACHER TO NOT TELL THE GOSPEL? HOW CAN A PERSON BECOME A CHRISTIAN FROM SUCH "PREACHING"? "IF A MAN GAINS THE WHOLE WORLD AND LOSES HIS SOUL...." BILLY GRAHAM [WHO ALWAYS GAVE THE PLAN OF SALVATION WHEN EVER I HEARD HIM} HAD HIS PICTURE WITH JOEL,BUT DID HE KNOW WHAT JOEL PREACHED? HE IS PRETTY OLD AND MAY HAVE NOT KNOWN. WE HAVE ALL HEARD HOW MANY DIFFERENT SINS WILL BRING DOWN THE USA,BUT HAS ANY BODY HEARD ONE PREACHER TALK ABOUT GREED AND THAT "THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL"? I AM NOT AGAINST A CHRISTIAN HAVING MONEY! JUST DON'T SAY ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD HAVE LOTS OF MONEY ETC CAUSE THAT IS GOD'S WILL ,OTHERWISE SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG WITH THE WAY YOU BELIEVE! ! I PRAY THAT THE LORD WILL HELP JOEL KNOW TO PREACH THE GOSPEL ! GOING TO HEAVEN IS ALL IMPORTANT! ,MAY THE LORD TAKE JOEL OSTEEN AND MAKE HIM A GREAT PREACHER OF THE GOSPEL AND MILLIONS COME TO KNOW OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ,EVEN IF THEY LIVE ON THE STREETS! AGREE- DISAGREE? LET ME KNOW! JAMIE

Views: 2525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JUST READ THIS! WOW! I KNOW WHERE SOMEBODY IS GOING WITH OUT A DOUBT IF THAT PERSON DOES NOT KNOW JESUS! IF HE THINKS LIKE THAT I CAN SEE WHY HE FEELS NO NEED TO PREACH THE GOSPEL! I PRAY JOEL AND HIS WIFE KNOW THE LORD! JAMIE
JUST SAW WHAT YOU WROTE SCOTT! WOW!
i just like this and the way he passes the word to the Gods pple. surely christians need to seek wealth in rigtful manner. learn to share however small u may have. when God promises to prosper us, then i do understand He wants to promote us to higheraltitudes so that we can achieve the destination in his plans.
Hi Dennis,
That may well be fine in what you say: "God wants to promote us."
But Dennis if you have missed the boat, (Born Again)
then all the wealth in the world will be a curse.
"What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his own soul?"Mark 8:36
Ron
I guess my problem [notice "my problem"!] is JOEL seems more like a motivational speaker that talks about the LORD a little,instead of a PREACHER MOTIVATING PEOPLE THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT TO COME TO CHRIST! GET PEOPLE TO CHRIST AND THE WORD SAYS HE KNOWS WHAT YOUR "NEEDS ARE" ![NOT WANTS OR RICHES!] As far as I know none of the APOSTLES had wealth. Would they not be at least as worthy according to JOEL for wealth as any? Now I am sure some of the first CHRISTIANS had wealth ,but they were to put it in a communal pot for all! How many CHRISTIANS WOULD DO THAT TODAY? At what point does "DESERVED WEALTH" turn into "GREED"? WHAT IS THE STOPPING POINT? AFTER THE !ST MILLION? AFTER THE !ST BIG HOUSE? THE BIBLE SAYS "BE CONTENT WITH SUCH THINGS AS YE HAVE FOR HE HAS PROMISED TO NEVER LEAVE YOU OR FORSAKE YOU"! IT GETS NO MORE WONDERFUL THEN THAT!!!! JAMIE
When a crowd of people listen to a sermon they are not all going to receive the same revelation while listening to it, besides God can use 5 people to preach about the same scripture but give each one a different revelation. I love Joel Osteen he can bring a message strait from God directly to you, we should stop criticizing these people for making themselves available to spread the gospel but stand up and cover them in prayer.
THE TROUBLE THOUGH IS "DOES HE PREACH THE GOSPEL"? I COVER HIM IN PRAYER THAT HE WILL START! READ WHAT SCOTT WROTE AND HE WENT TO LAKEWOOD AND HAS WHAT HE SAYS TO LARRY KING! IF WE FEEL SOMEBODY IS PREACHING A FALSE DOCTRINE ARE WE NOT TO SAY ANY THING? IF SOMEBODY DOES NOT GET TO CHRIST CAUSE THEY BELIEVE THE FALSE DOCTRINE ,ARE WE NOT A LITTLE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT CAUSE WE KNEW BETTER AND KEPT QUITE ABOUT IT? JAMIE
i do salute bible quote and its a verse i ve read many times. i do i agree with u that there wont be any profit to inherit the whole world and lose out the amazing glory. my argument was that as far we yearn to get wealthy, anyway nobody want to live poverty, the manner in which we acquire wealth should not questionable but righteous.i wonder the meaning of blessing if pple accept that u can be blessed to lots money, own cars magnificent mansion etc. u can also be blessed to get educated without forgetting brainsworth heads may be perishining cos no money to go to school. and oh we want to give tithe, offering, thansgiving and it can be extremely impossible to spread the without money. lets look at mt zion where our and pray God to grant us wealth plus the knowledge to manage them
Here is a challenge to those who like Osteen. Seek to find in any message that he has preached where he clearly outlines the necessity of the blood of Christ, the sacrifice Christ made as the Lamb of God, the need for repentence, the call to regeneration and being born again. Where is the teaching on true sanctification, which is essential to walking in the Christ life as the Holy Spirit lives in you and empowers you. He had a great opportunity on The Larry King Show and if you have not seen it, you need to watch it on YouTube. You would think that in the number of years he has been preaching his ministry there should be many examples of full gospel messages if one is concerned for the lost and seeing them found.

Paul set us an example that should be followed: "
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Gal. 6:14 NIV
2CO 4:1 Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. NIV

The following are must watches regarding this topic in my opinion.
http://www.allaboutgod.net/forum/topics/what-is-the-gospel-of-jesus
http://www.allaboutgod.net/forum/topics/10-indictments-of-the-church

Lord Bless,
LT
Jim,

With so many preachers preaching fire and brimstone nowadays, it is refreshing to have someone out there who actually preaches encouragement. How refreshing is that!!
There is plenty of room to preach the Word of God between fire and brimstone and a message that is all about this life.

There are enough preachers out there that use the Word as a club. (Do we all need that proverbial club once in a while?
What you refer to as a club is viewed by the Word of God as truth. It is only when truth is mishandled does it become a club instead of a doubled-edge sword that is used to separate, or is used to bring godly sorrow that leads to repentance that leads to salvation. Your emphasis is that there is no room in between an Osteen and blood vessel popping preacher. Think about the messages of Jesus and of Paul. In John 6 people thought that the Christ’s teaching was too hard and they turned away. Jesus did not change to keep them. He let truth, that I am sure He presented in love, stand on its own merits. I cannot imagine Paul preaching your best life now when He talks about the world being crucified to him and he to the world.

Probably. But has anyone heard about the spoon full of sugar jingle? There is only one judge. The Word says, "How you judge will be measured back to you." (Paraphrase of course, but you get the drift guys.)
This passage is so often misquoted. We are admonished to regularly judge things and evaluate them as guided by many other passages. In Matthew 7 it states that we will be judged by the measure in which we use to judge. I am quite comfortable being judged by the Word of God. It has found me guilty and yet redeemed in the blood of the Lamb.

Speaking of challenges, I challenge anyone to say that he doesn't love the Lord with all his heart. Just because he doesn't quote chapter and verse doesn't mean that God's word isn't embedded in all that he preaches.
I am not going to challenge his heart, but would question his use of the forum he has to reach lost people. The lack of preaching the gospel and giving a false sense of security to people is dangerous. How can one say that he is giving a false sense of security? Without repentance there can be no salvation and repentance deals with our sin and guilt and our desperate need for the Savior. Much of what he appears to teach is adding Jesus to our lives, not submitting to the Jesus as Lord. The Pharisees taught God’s Word with much accuracy and yet they added leaven and their leaven tainted the rest of their message.

This is a big problem with the world today and that is we Christians seem bent on beating nonbelievers over the head with the Bible. Why does every think that they reject the bible so vehemently? Thou shalt and thou shalt not and etc.
Your perception is incorrect. There are some who do as you say, but there are many who can teach the positive truth’s of God’s Word and at the same time present sin, repentance, and the need to be born-again clearly. You are stereo-typing and criticizing, which you just stated previously that criticizing makes you sick? Is there room for only one opinion or view?

God gave us the job of spreading the gospel, not to argue the gospel and beat others over the head with it. I think Joel is a tremendous servant of God. Plus, there are different mantels over different churches. Can a hand say to an arm that I don't need you. (I haven't mentioned the Scripture here but as I am sure you all will recognize the passage.) We are all of the body. We ALL have different functions.
Paul spoke about speaking out against those who preach another gospel. In this case, where is the gospel. The commission to go and make disciples was not given to a few or the privilege of just a few churches. Reaching the lost and seeing them discipled is the commission for every church. This is not an arm or leg issue. This is a soul in the balance issue. It would amaze us to know how many people think they are saved today because they said a prayer at camp when they were 13 or in church at age 35 or when someone witnessed to them on the street. The qualifier in all of this is repentance and conversion.

And for those who do not think that he speaks of the Cross and salvation, try watching his WHOLE program. At the end of EVERY program he gives people the opportunity to come to the Lord EVERY show. By doing so he propagates the gospel.
You assume I have not watched his program or seen his ending. Is the addition of asking if someone wants to pray to accept Christ your view of sharing the gospel?

Many people are hurting in these last days and the Lord has given him the responsibility of speaking to those hurts. What an admirable mission. Thank you Joel and thank you Jesus for your servant. He is a blessing to us - at least to me. All the criticism from everybody does more damage to the body than anything I have heard come from Joel's pulpit.
Of what value is there of 10.000 happy people sitting in the stands if their true need, the condition of their soul, is not dealt with. I propose that he could do both, but appears to only focus on the here and now and leaves eternity to others. The unfortunate part of that is that many seek him for their spiritual guidance and he leaves them short of where they need to go.

My opinion and I'm sticking with it.
One of the beauties of God is that we all have the freedom to have an opinion. Thus, this is my opinion of the matter.

The question is not whether he teaches uplifting feel good positive principles. The question is in regards to what he teaches. By listening to him will you hear a clear and compelling presentation of the whole gospel, the gospel that Paul’s says the following about:

“I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."” Romans 1:16-17 NIV

Is Joel a nice guy? I am not concerned about whether he is a nice guy, but about the eternal destination of many who fail to hear and/or respond to the gospel.

Lord Bless,
LT
Well said LT.

God bless you,

John
GOD BLESS ALL FOR RESPONDING! HOWEVER WE FEEL ABOUT JOEL OSTEEN,LET US PRAY THE LORD WILL HELP HIM TO PREACH THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST AND MANY WILL BE SAVED! I DID NOT JUST PICK THIS MAN OUT FOR NO REASON! I WAS WATCHING HIM TELL HOW HIS DAD FIRST HAD 9 MEMBERS .... NEXT HE DID NOT SAY THE LORD MOVED IN A MIGHTY WAY AND PEOPLE GOT SAVED LEFT AND RIGHT AND THE CHURCH GREW FROM THAT.... NO HE SAID THE CHURCH STARTED GROWING. THAT BOTHERED ME! I ASK OF ALL THAT WATCH HIM TO SEE HOW MANY TIMES HE MENTIONS JESUS AND IN WHAT LIGHT HE TALKS ABOUT HIM,HE MENTIONS A PLAN OF SALVATION,HE TALKS OF PEOPLE NEEDING TO TURN FROM THEIR SINS AND COME TO THE LORD FOR SALVATION! GOD BLESS ALL HERE AND I LOVE ALL! JAMIE

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service