All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

AIN'T TRYING TO BE MEAN ,BUT HAS ANY BODY EVER SEEN THE T. V. PREACHER JOEL OSTEEN PREACH THE "GOSPEL"? WHEN I SAY GOSPEL I MEAN PREACHING BOUT JESUS BEING BORN A VIRGIN,DYING ON THE CROSS FOR OUR SINS AND BEING RAISED FROM THE DEAD BY OUR FATHER?ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS AND ASKING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST INTO OUR LIVES AND BECOME OUR LORD AND SAVIOR! THERE IS SALVATION IN THAT,BUT NOT HEARING HOW SUCESSFUL YOU CAN BE !SUCESSFUL MONEY WISE ON THIS EARTH? IS IT NOT DANGEREOUS FOR A PREACHER TO NOT TELL THE GOSPEL? HOW CAN A PERSON BECOME A CHRISTIAN FROM SUCH "PREACHING"? "IF A MAN GAINS THE WHOLE WORLD AND LOSES HIS SOUL...." BILLY GRAHAM [WHO ALWAYS GAVE THE PLAN OF SALVATION WHEN EVER I HEARD HIM} HAD HIS PICTURE WITH JOEL,BUT DID HE KNOW WHAT JOEL PREACHED? HE IS PRETTY OLD AND MAY HAVE NOT KNOWN. WE HAVE ALL HEARD HOW MANY DIFFERENT SINS WILL BRING DOWN THE USA,BUT HAS ANY BODY HEARD ONE PREACHER TALK ABOUT GREED AND THAT "THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL"? I AM NOT AGAINST A CHRISTIAN HAVING MONEY! JUST DON'T SAY ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD HAVE LOTS OF MONEY ETC CAUSE THAT IS GOD'S WILL ,OTHERWISE SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG WITH THE WAY YOU BELIEVE! ! I PRAY THAT THE LORD WILL HELP JOEL KNOW TO PREACH THE GOSPEL ! GOING TO HEAVEN IS ALL IMPORTANT! ,MAY THE LORD TAKE JOEL OSTEEN AND MAKE HIM A GREAT PREACHER OF THE GOSPEL AND MILLIONS COME TO KNOW OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ,EVEN IF THEY LIVE ON THE STREETS! AGREE- DISAGREE? LET ME KNOW! JAMIE

Views: 2525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AMEN AND AMEN! JAMIE
OKAY FAIR IS FAIR AND I LISTENED TO JOEL THIS MORNING AND AT THE END HE DID TELL ABOUT RECIEVING CHRIST AS SAVIOR! ALSO I ADMIT I WAS UP LIFTED BY HIS MESSEGE! STILL WISH HE PRECHED MORE ABOUT JESUS AND THE WAY TO SALVATION ,BUT WELL...LIKE I SAID I DID GET A BLESSING! ALSO HIS MESSEAGE TODAY WAS NOT'THE LORD WANTS YOU TO HAVE MORE RICHES,BUT INSTEAD GOD WANTS US TO BE HEALERS,IN THE WAY OF LIFTING PEOPLE UP AND NOT PUSHING THEM DOWN. THAT WAS COOL! HEY DON'T MEAN I AM ON THE OSTEEN EXPRESS,BUT... THERE IS HOPE FOR BOTH OF US YET! HA HA! LOVE YOU ALL:JAMIE
I didn't get to read all the replies, because they are so lengthy, however, I have heard this argument before, and I have heard Joel preach, to me, he is the essence of kindness, what we all should be, and he has clearly stated that he did not want to preach, but, God would not allow him to do otherwise.

Fact.... God called him.

He does and will answer to God.

Gods word says it is up to him, to make his servants to stand.

Not all are called to be an evangelist.

I think the world is a better place because a man named Joel Osteen lives, and is obedient to the call that is upon him, and I think we would all do well to Touch not my annointed, and do my prophets no harm. NO matter the message that God has given them to preach.
FACT "GOD HAS CALLED JOEL OSTEEN"? SEEMS SOME ON HERE THINK "EVEGELISTS" PREACH THE GOSPEL" WHILE "PREACHERS/PASTORS DONT?" PREACH BY ITS VERY DEFINITION IS TO "PREACH THE GOSPEL" OR ELSE THEY ARE NOT PREACHERS. NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE IS A DISTICTION LIKE THIS MADE! I THINK IT IS HEALTHY TO TALK ABOUT DIFFERENT PREACHERS. THEY MAY OR MAY NOT BE GOD'S MAN.I DON'T THINK THE PREACHER IS SO HOLY HE CAN'T BE DISCUSSED. JUST LIKE REV. IKE THAT JUST PASSED AWAY? ,JIIMY SWAGGERT?,TED HAGER? GOOD TO INSPECT THEM! NO HARM CAN BE DONE IF IT IS DONE IN LOVE. AS IT SAYS TEST THE SPIRITS. IT SEEMS JUST AS BAD TO PUT DOWN A PERSON THAT ONLY WANTS TO KNOW! JIM BAKER? THESE HAVE FALLEN ,BUT I PRAY FOR THEM AND LOVE THEM AS I KNOW I FALL ALOT! LETS JUST NOT BE BLINDED! I AM IN NO WAY COMPARING JOEL OSTEEN TO JIM JONES,BUT DO REMEMBER OF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAD BLINDLY FOLLOWED HIM. THEY THOUGHT HE WAS A MAN OF GOD! MANY FOUND LOVE,ACCEPTANCE. ONLY LATER DID HE TURNED INTO THE PERSON THAT KILLED OR ORDERED PEOPLE TO BE KILLED! SHAME HE WAS NOT SCRUTINIZED MORE. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE TALKING TO ME BELLASONUS WHEN YOU SAID "YOU WANT HIM TO LOSE IT ALL"? NEVER SAID THAT! "SEEMS LIKE YOU REALLY DIS LIKE ANY PASTOR WHO'S MINISTRY IS BLESSED BY GOD"? I NEVER SAID THAT. ALL I HAVE SAID OVER AND OVER IS JUST SEE IF HE PREACHES THE GOSPEL,WHICH IS WHAT HE AND ALL PREACHERS SHOULD DO IN THESE LAST DAYS TO GET PEOPLE INTO HEAVEN.PREACHING THE GOSPEL IS NOT "POSITIVE OR UPLIFTING??? THAT IS THE MAIN POINT! I ALSO SAID I HAD WATCHED HIM SUNDAY AND HE DID GIVE THE PLAN OF SALVATION AND DID NOT TALK ABOUT "GETTING RICHES",BUT ABOUT LIFTING EACH OTHER UP AND I SAID THAT IS COOL! B ROTHER GOD BLESS YOU,BUT YOU SEEM LIKE YOU ARE BEING DEFENSIVE AND A BIT JUDGEMENTAL,JUST BY GOING BY WHAT YOU SAID! ALL ALONG I HAVE SAID IF JOEL SHOULD PREACH MORE OF THE GOSPEL WE SHOULD LOVE HIM AND PRAY FOR HIM! YOU SAID SEEMS I REALLY DISLIKE ANY [ME?] PASTOR THAT IS BLESSED BY GOD? I AIN'T GONNA SAY ANYTHING TO YOU AFTER THIS,BUT I HAVE ONLY TALKED ABOUT ONE PASTOR JOEL OSTEEN,SO TO TAKE TAKE AND EQUATE THIS TO "ALL PASTORS WHO "GOD HAS BLESSED" IS GOING WAY TO FAR! I AM ATTACKING NO ONE AND HAVE NOT! ONLY [ONE MORE TIME] FEEL JOEL SHOULD PREACH MORE ON CHRIST ,THE CROSS,SALVATION,CAUSE HE HAS SO MANY SOULS WATCHING HIM! JOEL IS NOT JESUS AND I CAN FEEL LIKE I DO IN LOVE! YOU JUDGE AGAIN SAYING "IF I CAN'T STAND HIM" I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT! I AM GLAD YOU LOVE JOEL. CAN YOU NOT EXTEND LOVE TO ME ALSO EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME? SHOULD YOU NOT ASK THE LORD TO OPEN MY EYES IF I AM WRONG? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY ON THIS TOPIC ARE SO DEFENSIVE? IF HE IS A GREAT MAN OF GOD WHAT HARM CAN MY COMMENTS DO TO HIM? SOME HAVE BEEN JUDGEMENTAL AND EVEN MEAN SPRITED TOWARDS ME.SEEMS THESE ARE NOT EVEN DOING WHAT THEY SAY THEY LOVE ABOUT JOEL OR DOING KIND ,POSITIVE THING HE IS INTO AND THESE PEOPLE SAY THEY LOVE JOEL AND WHAT HE IS ABOUT?. JUST LOVE TO HEAR IT,BUT NOT PRACTICE IT? FEW IF ANY HAVE UNDERSTOOD ME IN THIS ,SO IT WILL BE MY LAST COMMENT ON IT! I WAS JUST UNDER THE IMMPRESSION PEOPLE WOULD BE FAIR ON THIS AND JUST DISCUSS IT! GOD BLESS! JAMIE
ROMANS 10:14 HOW THEN SHALL THEY CALL ON HIM IN WHOM THEY HAVE NOT BELIEVED? AND HOW SHALL THEY BELIEVE IN HIM OF WHOM THEY HAVE NOT HEARD? AND HOW SHALL THEYHEAR WITHOUT A PREACHER?
I have heard him preach many times and he always talks about money ,or worse yet , how success equals money. He definately preachs prosperity gospel . OUR GOAL IS NOT TO BE " SUCCESSFUL " grabbing money. If this was true Donald Trump would be the Pope !!!

I quit listening to him and started listening to Charles Stanley, who teaches we are saved by the blood of Jesus !!!!!!!
There has been so much said about Joel.
Let's see if we can put it all in a nutshell.
Some like Joel's manner of talking to people. (I personally cannot call it preaching)
Others correctly call it Motivational talks. (I believe that this is what Joel does and does it extremely well)

Now the crunch..... Joel is not an evangelist. Looking to Joel's talks for Salvation. will not likely get you what you really need. Namely Salvation. Joel does mention in closing:

"We do not like to close our meeting without telling people that salvation is found in the Bible"
or something to that affect. (It is said more as a sort of after thought)

It would be impossible to have everyone motivated towards a good life, and then speak in a manner that will show them exactly what and who they are in God's sight. Motivational speakers are not about repentance that's why Joel plays it down, and mentions the Bible at closing as a sort of "Oh! By the way.

Sadly Motivational talks are more likely to help towards a Good clean life but VERY SELDOM Salvation.

"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Rev 3:16 -19

We see then why Joel does not like to quote from the book of Revelation, it is inclined to cut right across speakers who propose a good life.

Luk 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Salvation Comes by way of repentance and MUST be attained before anything else.

It is not people who are motivated to a good life, loving your neighbour etc...... But rather people who are first motivated to repentance. Listening to Joel I have never felt the urge to repent. If this is true then should you not be saved, you will remain in that condition at these meetings. Joel would simply be beating the air with his fists and getting nowhere.

" I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 1Cor 9:26- 27 (Joel is simply wasting his time when addressing people with motivational talks especially those Listeners who are outside of Christ.)

SALVATION IS ATTAINED THROUGH REPENTANCE ALONE. Allow me to repeat: MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS AVOID THE SUBJECT OF REPENTANCE. (They may hint towards it but NEVER get down to the nitty gritty that is required to bring people to repentance.

"And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." Luk 24:47

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2Pet 2:9

Ron
A popular Christian author and pastor (John MacArthur) says one can look to Jesus when it comes to dealing with false teachers and bad theology.

In his newest book The Jesus You Can't Ignore, John MacArthur looks at the Lord's many personal, often explosive encounters with the religious teachers of his day. MacArthur says although Christ was compassionate to those who were needy, he had a different tactic with proud, arrogant religious leaders.

"[In his] first public act, he took a whip, went into the heart of Judiastic religion -- the Temple itself -- and started throwing people out of there, overturning tables of moneychangers, overturning the tables in the operations of the buyers and sellers of animals," the noted author shares. "He condemned the whole place because it was to be a house of prayer, and they had turned it into a cave of robbers."

MacArthur says there are many false teachers today who are not preaching the full gospel.

"We have the idea today that we need to preach this sort of soft, amiable kind of message, [that] we need to tell people what they want to hear," he laments. "But the truth of the matter is, soft preaching produces hard people. Because soft preaching affirms them, tells them they're fine, [that] you need to grab your dreams...."

And while MacArthur acknowledges that the gospel makes people uncomfortable, he says it prepares hearts for the only cure for sin -- which is Jesus Christ.

I concur in total - Ron
Peter presented the gospel and the Bibles says the following:

AC 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gospel is still the method God uses to bring conviction that leads to repentance that leads to salvation.

Lord Bless,
LT
AMEN AND AMEN! NOWHERE DO YOU READ WE WILL BE RICH [IN MONEY OR MATERIAL GOODS IN THIS LIFE!] WE ARE SAVED BY HEARING THE "WORD" AND THE WORD IS JESUS,JESUS,JESUS IS THE WORD. LIKE IT SAYS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT"WHAT YOU GONNA DO WHEN THE HORSEMEN COME"? IT IS COMING CRUNCH TIME YALL! THE LOVE OF MANY WILL WAX COLD! CAUSE IT IS NOT GONNA BE EASY STREET FOR US HERE IN AMERICA FOR US MUCH LONGER I FEEL! PEOPLE HAVE GOTTEN ON TO ME HERE NOT ABOUT JESUS BUT ABOUT "JOEL OSTEEN"!

IN SECULER CIRCLES I EVEN MENTION "JESUS" I GET JUMPED ON! NOW I GET JUMPED ON CAUSE I QUESTION A "MAN"? WE ARE SPOILED! WE ARE USED TO TALKING ABOUT JESUS AND ONLY WE GET TALKED DOWN TO. I AM AFRAID SOON WE WILL FIND OUT WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD OF OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS HAVE LEARNED,TALK ABOUT JESUS WITH A PRICE! WE THINK IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE IN THE USA? DON'T BET ON IT FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN! LIKE I SAID I GOT PUT DOWN ON HERE![WHERE IT SHOULD BE ABOUT JESUS!]FOR BRINGING UP A DISCUSSION ON A "MAN"! WE ARE GOING DOWN,BECAUSE OF GREED! AND JOEL IS SAYING THAT IS OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT??!! WE SAY WE ARE "THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH" WHEN SO MANY DOING WITH OUT? SWO ACCORDING TO SOME A PERSON LACKS FAITH IF THE CHRISTIAN AIN'T GOT IT REALLY GOOD MATERIAL WISE! I TELL YOU I WANT THE LORDS WILL DONE IN MY LIFE WHATEVER IT IS! I WANT THE LORD! HOW MUCH MONEY DID OUR LORD AND HIS DISIPLES EVER HAVE HERE" THE FIRST CHRISTIANS? OH IT CHANGED SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE WHEN IT CAME TO AMERICA? PRIDE COMES BEFORE A FALL!!! REA ABOUT AMERICA ANY WHERE IN THE BIBLE? WHY NOT? WHAT HAPPENS TO US? WE ALL BETTER GET ON OUR KNEES AND FAST! THAT IS WHAT OUR DADS/MOMS ....GRANDPARENTS DID BEFORE US..TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS AND HELP FROM OUR GOD ...NOT "CLAIM" RICHES......! HOW ARROGANT!! GOD OWES US NOTHING ...WE OWE HOM ALL!!! JAMIE
YES I LOVE CHARLES STANLY! PREACHERS NEED TO PREACH THE GOSPEL,JESUS CAME TO EARTH,BORN OF A VIRGIN,IS THE SON OF GOD,WAS CRUCIFIED AND BY HIS BLOOD WE ARE SAVED,THEN ON THE THIRD DAY HE WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD AND NOW IS ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,BEING OUR MEDIATER BETWEEN GOD AND US. 2 CHAPTER OF ACTS "THERE IS ONE NAME UNDER HEAVEN WHERE BY WE MUST BE SAVED.. JESUS! JESUS "I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE,NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME"!

IT SAYS WE ARE SAVED BY HEARING THE WORD. THE WORD IS JESUS,PERIOD! NO ONE WILL BE SAVED BY HEARING HOW MONEY,OR WHAT EVER WEALTH,WE ARE TO LAY UP TREASURES IN HEAVEN NOT HERE. DON'T MEAN WE GOT TO BE DIRT POOR,BUT PREACHERS NEED NOW MORE THEN EVER TO PREACH THE WORD OF GOD...PERIOD!!!! JUST BECAUSE SOME ONE AT THE END OF THEIR SELF MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH SAY"WE HOPE YOU WILL COME TO JESUS" DON'T CUT IT! SO MANY PREACHERS ARE PREACHING WEALTH,POLITICS,ON AND ON! NO ONE CAN BE SAVED BY SUCH!!!!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service