All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

AIN'T TRYING TO BE MEAN ,BUT HAS ANY BODY EVER SEEN THE T. V. PREACHER JOEL OSTEEN PREACH THE "GOSPEL"? WHEN I SAY GOSPEL I MEAN PREACHING BOUT JESUS BEING BORN A VIRGIN,DYING ON THE CROSS FOR OUR SINS AND BEING RAISED FROM THE DEAD BY OUR FATHER?ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS AND ASKING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST INTO OUR LIVES AND BECOME OUR LORD AND SAVIOR! THERE IS SALVATION IN THAT,BUT NOT HEARING HOW SUCESSFUL YOU CAN BE !SUCESSFUL MONEY WISE ON THIS EARTH? IS IT NOT DANGEREOUS FOR A PREACHER TO NOT TELL THE GOSPEL? HOW CAN A PERSON BECOME A CHRISTIAN FROM SUCH "PREACHING"? "IF A MAN GAINS THE WHOLE WORLD AND LOSES HIS SOUL...." BILLY GRAHAM [WHO ALWAYS GAVE THE PLAN OF SALVATION WHEN EVER I HEARD HIM} HAD HIS PICTURE WITH JOEL,BUT DID HE KNOW WHAT JOEL PREACHED? HE IS PRETTY OLD AND MAY HAVE NOT KNOWN. WE HAVE ALL HEARD HOW MANY DIFFERENT SINS WILL BRING DOWN THE USA,BUT HAS ANY BODY HEARD ONE PREACHER TALK ABOUT GREED AND THAT "THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL"? I AM NOT AGAINST A CHRISTIAN HAVING MONEY! JUST DON'T SAY ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD HAVE LOTS OF MONEY ETC CAUSE THAT IS GOD'S WILL ,OTHERWISE SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG WITH THE WAY YOU BELIEVE! ! I PRAY THAT THE LORD WILL HELP JOEL KNOW TO PREACH THE GOSPEL ! GOING TO HEAVEN IS ALL IMPORTANT! ,MAY THE LORD TAKE JOEL OSTEEN AND MAKE HIM A GREAT PREACHER OF THE GOSPEL AND MILLIONS COME TO KNOW OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ,EVEN IF THEY LIVE ON THE STREETS! AGREE- DISAGREE? LET ME KNOW! JAMIE

Views: 2525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you guys had the choice of crucifying Joel Osteen or your ungodly neighbor? Who would you choose to crucify?

I wonder about Larry King who is an atheist, I am sure that he has heard the criticism against Joel Osteen and I am sure he sees Joel's reaction, which is nothing but kind words and forgiveness. I wonder what is going on in Larry King "s head?
I wonder what the people who watched Jesus die on the cross thought about the thieves, I wonder if they heard what Jesus and the thief talked about.

What made Jesus so loveable by His desciples and even sinners ?
The ones who hated Him and wanted to crucify Him were the religious leaders and the hypocrites of that time, the ones they went to the temple every day, paid tithes and offerings, they killed Jesus because they thought they are doing God a favor.
I wonder what makes Joel Osteen so big, how come God is adding to His church. How come godly people and sinners love him as well.
This is what I found on Joel Osteen website and I like to share it with everyone.
Joel Osteen does not draw a salary from his church, only from his books.

I know a friend who with only God's grace likes me very much, she only listens to Joel Osteen, she only trust him, she was turned off by so many preachers.

We believe the Bible is inspired by God, without error and the authority on which we base our faith, conduct and doctrine.
in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to this earth as Savior of the world.
Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. We believe that salvation is found by placing our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross. We believe Jesus rose from the dead and is coming again.
water baptism is a symbol of the cleansing power of the blood of Christ and a testimony to our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
in the regular taking of Communion as an act of remembering what the Lord Jesus did for us on the cross.
every believer should be in a growing relationship with Jesus by obeying God’s Word, yielding to the Holy Spirit and by being conformed to the image of Christ.
as children of God, we are overcomers and more than conquerors and God intends for each of us to experience the abundant life He has in store for us.
Our Ministry
What We Believe
Joel Osteen
Victoria Osteen
Partner With Us
In the News
Job Opportunities

What does this mean when Jesus guided us to pray in this manner; On earth as it is in heaven? to me, He is saying in heaven there is no sickness, no poverty, no hate, nothing bad, He is saying to me to pray that His will be done in my life on earth as it is in heaven. Jesus is concerned about our lives here as much as it is in heaven.
Luke 23:39-43

[39] One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"

[40] But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? [41] We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."

[42] Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

[43] Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

What went on between Jesus and the thief, tells me clearly that Jesus knows the heart. What all those people standing there thinking about, did they all hear the conversation between Jesus and the thief?

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another (John 13:34).

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

If you want to know what love is, look up 1 Corinthians 13

There is no excuse for talking bad about another Christian, watch out, He has a heavenly father Who is the glory and the lifter of his head, do not touch the people of God.

If you think he is that bad, at least follow Jesus command and have respect for what He said.

Today like always, gossip and slander and putiing discord among brethren still brings division in the body of Christ and so many churches are not standing up because they are ignoring this one principle of loving each other like 1 corinthians puts it.
Love ya all in christ!
Hi Therese,
Here is what is known as the Apostle's Creed.

"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended to the dead. On the third day, He rose again.
He ascended to Heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. Amen."

I was pleased to hear that these are your beliefs.

But Therese, how many talk about what they believe yet their behaviour speaks differently?

As a child and finally an adult, I recited this creed more times than I can remember.
Ask me what I believed and I could quote the creed. The truth is, although I said it, it meant nothing to me.
I was at a boarding School and it was compulsory to read my Bible for 20 minutes every night.
I am afraid it also meant nothing to me.
I could quote verses from the Bible that Sunday School teachers insisted on. They were mere words, they also meant nothing.
The "Gentle Jesus, Meek and mild look upon this little child. type of chorus, also made no impression.
Sunday services, were no better, even though I attended regularly.
Had someone mentioned "New Birth or Born again" I would have remained blind despite knowing all of the above.

Furthermore we also had our "Joel Osteen" in those days (1950's) who flattered the people with God's love and never once mentioned that I was a miserable wretch bound for hell, or even explained why it was that Christ had to die, for me personally, without which I could NEVER, NEVER stand before the throne.......

I have a question: Today if I was still that miserable wretch and in hospital dying, who would you send to me? Would it be one whom you would know without a doubt, was the best chance for me to obtain eternal life before I died?

Please DO NOT send me Joel.
Joel has never been to Theological college in his life (Not that it matters ) But it explains why he cannot say with any conviction why the Muslim faith is not acceptable. Joel "Dilly dally's" between "I don't know, I can't answer and only God knows." This further shows that he has no conception of what Jesus meant, when He said: "I am the way, the truth and the life, and NO MAN may come to the Father except by me." Jhn 14:6. It also shows Joel has no conviction of what he reads in the Bible which tells me that he does not believe what he reads.. Muslims are one up on Joel, they clearly understand this verse and they explicitly reject and deny the verse, while Joel says he does'nt know. Yet any preacher worth his salt, would answer the question put to Joel without hesitation and without fear.
From Joel's own answers, it appears that he does not understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He does not understand that the word Gospel means "Good News" He may say it, but If he really BELIEVED it, he would be preaching the death and ressurection of Jesus at every opportunity, in order to help people to stand cleansed before God.

Yes! The Gospel is Good News. It is a gospel of Death, Punishment and explicit pain and agony, yet it IS STILL really good news. IT IS NOT a happy, healthy and prosperous life of loving your friends and neighbours...... As terrible as it is, we must preach Christ and Him crucified. It must not only be said, but it must be spelt out in detail.. Failing which Christ has died in vain.

Jesus was never afraid to speak out with words hard to hear. Listen to His Words: "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." Jhn 6:53
Why do so many attend Joel's conference? Simply because he tickles their ears with what they want to hear. I say that with conviction, why? Because what I see and hear from Joel reminds me of what God Himself says:
The time will come when people will not listen to sound doctrine, but will follow their own desires and will collect for themselves more and more teachers who will tell them what they are itching to hear. 2Tim 4:3

Joel's offer to people to accept Christ comes without them being under any conviction or repentance. There is no mention that some of his listeners may be the miserable wretches that they are. Paul considered himself such a wretch. (Rom 7:24) The Christ they are being offered is not the Jesus Bleeding on a Cross, but the "Gentle Jesus Meek and MIld look upon this little child."

I close with the words of Martin Luther: "Here I stand I can say no other."
Ron.
Ron,

Well said.

Lord Bless,
LT
Ron,

First of all, I am not a Catholic :) It does not mean that I should spend my time critizing them and seeing what is wrong with them. What is this going to accomplish ? Waste of time, Jesus is worthier of my time. than spending it on seeing what is wrong with them. I used to criticize them a lot and then when God by His grace alone and His unconditinnal love kept showing me how wrong my actions are, I repented and asked Him alone to forgive me. What I do now is whenever I am with a Catholic, Jesus is the topic of my conversation, He is worthy and because He is worthy, I see worth in them, pointing them to Jesus and trusting in Him to save them like He did to me. It is all about love and trust. If I trust God to save them, then I do not have to worry and if somebody else wants to worry, this is their problem, not mine:)
We are really truely are going to be surprised who we are going to see in heaven, bless His name, the name of Jesus Who is above every name for there is no name like the name of Jesus.
I know without a shadow of doubt that I am going to be there because I saw myself on the cross with Jesus, doomed and deserving to be crucified, NOT HIM, He did not do anything, He took all my punishement, it is me who deserved that beating on that cross and everyone else who was born and will be born and is born even now, no one is holy, no one is righteous that is why I know I am saved and if you had that conversation with Jesus too, then you are saved and you will be in paradise with Jesus.

This is a question, We are going to have rewards in heaven, right?
is one of us going to get more rewards or less than the other one?
What is your reaction going to be if Jesus gives more rewards to somebody else than you? Let me say, this person is somebody, you did not think he is the one to get those rewards?
What is your actions now on earth if that person got promoted, even if he does not deserve it?

This is the first website I ever joined, was never a computer person but God with His grace led me here and I am so glad, this is a time worth spending. This is not an argument in my opinion, this is well time spent speaking about Our Lord Jesus.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Hi Therese,
Glad and delighted to hear your testimony, also pleased that you know we don't argue here on AAG.
AAG is simply a platform to share your views and give your opinions. Sometimes those opinions have to come straight from the shoulder with a lot of love and prayer.

When I spoke about my early years it was not the Roman Catholics that lead me up the "Garden Path"
Invariably you will find those sort of weak doctrines come from all Churches who believe in "Baptismal Regeneration" In other words folk who sprinkle Babies and assume that they are accepted as Children of God. To confirm this they have (I know you know all this) Confirmation classes where the child is able to confirm the vows taken by the God Parents. I went through all this including confirmation.
Sadly all it meant for me was that I had become a "Confirmed sinner" Most Sad of all, is that once they accept Baptismal regeneration they can no longer tell you that: "You must be born again" That's why more than 25 years of my life was wasted.
It took a Preacher, preaching in the strength and conviction of the Holy Spirit, about Christ and Him Crucified, that woke up the dormant Spirit in me and..... Like it or not Here I am and have been for the last 51 years.
To answer your question how would I feel if in Heaven if I watched someone receiving far more rewards than I did. The answer is simple: "I would be delighted!"
WHY SO? In 1958 when I had just been born again the same question was asked and an elderly Christian woman answered with this analogy. "Take a vessel as large as you like and take an egg cup. Imagine the Lord filling the large vessel right up to the brim, with Blessings. That vessel would start to ask God to please stop. "I have more than I can ever hold, you have filled me right up to the brim. I REALLY NEED NO MORE!" The egg cup would be saying exactly the same. I am as full as I can handle and also need no more. I AM FULLY SATISFIED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME.
That she said was what she believed would happen when God rewards us with gifts. You see there will be no jealousy and sin would no longer have it's way with us. Praise you Lord!!!!
Regarding my situation here on earth YES! I may have a slight attack of Jealousy, but I have learnt as a Christian to Judge myself as to whether I really deserved to be promoted instead of the guy who had.

Lots and Lots of Christian Love to you my sister, the Lord Bless us both. Look forward to more from you further down the line.
Your Brother and friend in Christ.
Ron.
AMEN,NO FIGHTING! MANY LISTEN TO AND WATCH JOEL OSTEEN AND IT SEEMED LIKE IT WOULD BE GOOD TO DISCUSS WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT HIS PREACHING,SINCE HE SEEMS TO INFLUENCE MANY! I HAVE LEARNED FROM THIS DISCUSSION MANY ARE BLESSED BY HIM . WHILE OTHERS FEEL HE DOES NOT PREACH THE WORD WHEREBY PEOPLE ARE SAVED.[I AM OF THIS GROUP] I JUST HOPE ALL WILL LISTEN TO HIM AND WATCH HIM WITH OPEN HEARTS AND OPEN EYES.[INCLUDES ME!] THE BIBLE SAYS IN 1ST JOHN 4:1 "BELOVED BELIEVE NOT EVERY SPIRIT,,BUT TRY THE SPIRITS ,WHEATHER THEY ARE OF GOD;BECAUSE MANY FALSE PROPHETS ARE GONE OUT INTO THE WORLD". THIS WAS MY GOAL IN TALKING ABOUT JOEL,NOT CAUSE A SPLIT IN ANY WAY! ALSO PLEASE EXCUSE MY WRITING IN CAPS AS I HAVE DIABETES AND POOR EYESIGHT. I LOVE ALL HERE! I DO NOT INTEND TO BRING UP SUBJECTS JUST TO BE CONTENTIOUS! AT THE SAME TIME I HOPE IT IS OKEY TO BRING UP SUBJECTS THAT MEAN SOMETHING TO ME AND WE CAN DISCUSS THESE TOPICS AS MATURE CHRISTIANS. THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS CLEAR TO ME AND IT HELPS GREATLY TO HEAR OTHER'S VEIWS! GOD BLESS ALL! JAMIE
HI JAMIE,
I AM REPLYING IN CAPS TO ASSIST YOU.. MY EARS ARE PACKING UP AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH IS WORSE, POOR EYSIGHT OR DEAFNESS

IT IS IMPORTANT FOR US ON AAG TO BE ABLE TO AGREE TO DISAGREE.

YES THERE ARE FALSE PROPHETS PARTICULARLY DURING THIS PERIOD. YES WE MUST TEST THE SPIRITS TO SEE WHICH SPIRIT WE ARE HEARING.

THE ONLY WAY TO TEST THE SPIRITS IS BY THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD. OUR FEELINGS SHOULD BE KEPT IN PLACE AND NOT BE ALLOWED TO INFLUENCE US, WHATSOEVER.

HAVING SAID THAT, ONCE THE TEST HAS BEEN CONCLUDED AND THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT THE SPIRIT DOES NOT AGREE WITH WHAT THE PREACHER ALWAYS HARPS ON, THEN YES WE MAY JUDGE.

MANY, MANY MEN TALK AND SPEAK ABOUT JESUS, THEY PRESENT HIM TO THEIR LISTENERS IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
WHAT I BELIEVE JOEL IS DOING, IS THAT HE ONLY PRESENTS ONE SIDE OF THE ATTRIBUTES OF GOD AND HIS SON JESUS.
SADLY THIS PICTURES GOD AS A LOVING GOD ONLY. IT PICTURES GOD AS ONE WHO ONLY WANTS TO HELP AND CARE FOR US DURING TRIALS THAT WE MAY HAVE TO FACE OR ARE PRESENTLY FACING.

THIS MAY BE FINE, BUT IT ELIMINATES THE REAL REASON WHY JESUS CAME TO THIS EARTH. IT ELIMINATES THE HORROR OF THE CROSS. IT DOES NOT TELL YOU THAT WE ARE MISERABLE WRETCHES WORTHY OF DAMANATION AND ETERNAL HELL AND SADLY JOEL NEVER DOES. HIS FORM OF PREACHING IGNORES THE CROSS AND SIMPLY LEAVES PEOPLE FEELING GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES. NOT REALISING THAT GOD'S WRATH HANGS OVER THEIR HEADS.

WITHOUT GUILT AND CONVICTION OF OUR SINS (WHICH ONE DOES NOT RECEIVE AT JOEL'S SEMINARS) ONE NEVER FEELS THE NEED TO REPENT, HENCE JOEL'S INVITATION TO PEOPLE AT THE END OF HIS '"SHOW" IS MEANINGLESS AND I FEEL JOEL USES IT AS A COVER UP TO ESCAPE CRITICISM, AND THEREFORE ABLE TO SAY THAT HE DOES OFFER PEOPLE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ACCEPT CHRIST.
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE THERE TODAY WHO SAY THAT THEY ACCEPTED CHRIST, YET ONE CAN JUDGE THEM BY THEIR FRUITS AND WHAT THEY SAY?

I HAVE MET PEOPLE LIKE THAT, WHO THROUGH FALSE TEACHERS HAVE COME TO BELIEVE THAT GOD IS A GOD OF LOVE AND WOULD NEVER SEND PEOPLE TO HELL FOR ETERNITY. THEY BELIEVE THAT THEIR GOOD WORKS ARE PROOF THAT GOD WILL LOVE THEM AND WOULD NEVER PUNISH THEM.
WHAT THEY FORGET IS THAT THEY HAVE BROUGHT TO NAUGHT THE SACRIFICE THAT THE SON OF GOD MADE FOR THEIR SOULS BY DYING ON THE CROSS THEREBY PAYING THE DEBT OF THEIR SINS ON THEIR BEHALF.
MANY WILL TELL YOU THAT JOEL DOES BELIEVE. I SAY IF HE DID, HE WOULD BE PREACHING CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED TO CONDEMNED SINNERS. HE WOULD CALL A SPADE A SPADE MEANING HIS LISTENERS, WHO LIKE ST PAUL AND OTHERS INCLUDING MYSELF ARE MISERABLE WRETCHES, WHEN WE ARE OUTSIDE OF BEING BORN AGAIN.

GOD TELLS US THAT THE PREACHING OF THE CROSS IS FOOLISHNESS TO THOSE WHO PERISH. 1ST COR 1:18

PAUL TELLS US THAT HE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OTHER FORM OF PREACHING: "BUT GOD FORBID THAT I SHOULD GLORY SAVE IN THE CROSS OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, BY WHOM THE WORLD IS CRUCIFIED UNTO ME AND I UNTO THE WORLD." Gal 6:14

THE CROSS HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO US THROUGHOUT BOTH OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS. IT HAS BEEN GOD'S PLAN FROM THE BEGINNING OF MANKIND THE MOMENT HE FELL INTO SIN.

WHEN WE STAND BEFORE THE JUDGMENT THRONE ALL OUR GOOD WORKS WILL BE AS FILTHY RAGS AND IT WILL ONLY BE THE BLOOD OF OUR SAVIOUR WHEREBY WE WILL BE SAVED AND REJOICE.
THOU SHALT CALL HIS NAME JESUS, FOR HE SHALL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS. MAT 1:21

THE LORD BLESS YOU JAMIE

FRIEND AND BROTHER IN CHRIST - RON
I CAN READ OK RON AS LONG AS I DON'T HAVE TO LOOK DOWN TO TYPE. AFTER TYPING I HAVE TO LOOK BACK UP AT THE SCREEN AND WAIT TILL THE BLURR GOES. I THANK YOU THOUGH! I TELL YOU WHAT I CAME TO JESUS,BECAUSE HE MADE ME AWARE I WAS A SINNER! I FELT MORE AND MORE CONDEMNED TILL I GOT ON MY KNEES AND BEGGED HIM TO FORGIVE ME AND COME INTO MY LIFE! I HEARD A SMALL STILL VOICE SAY "OKAY YOU HAVE ASKED FORGIVENESS ,NOW RISE UP ON FAITH IN ME AND WALK"! AS I GOT UP ALL THE HORRIBLE GUILT,BURDENS ROLLED AWAY AND ALL I COULD DO WAS SAY"THANK YOU JESUS"! I KNOW I WAS NOTHING THEN AND AM NOTHING NOW ,BUT I KNOW GOD THE FATHER,THROUGH CHRIST BY THE HOLY SPIRIT! I KNOW I AM A CHILD OF GOD! THEN AS NOW....THANK YOU JESUS! IF WE JUST THINK WE ARE GOOD AND OK,WHY NEED A SAVIOUR? WHY NEED FORGIVENESS? FORGIVENESS FOR WHAT? JAMIE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TESTIMONY JAMIE.
WHO KNOWS US BETTER THAN THE LORD HIMSELF
AND KNOWS EXACTLY HOW TO DEAL WITH EACH OF US.

MY SALVATION CAME THROUGH CONCERN FOR THE JEW.
I WENT TO A PASTOR AND ASKED HIM:
"IF FAITH IN JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED
HOW ARE THE JEWS WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS
GOING TO BE SAVED?"

HIS REPLY WAS EXTREMELY APT: "I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION
BUT FIRST LET ME ASK YOU: ARE YOU SAVED?"

HE HAD ASKED THE RIGHT QUESTION AND IT HIT MY SENSES AND
LEFT ME CONFUSED, HE THEN SAT ME DOWN AND EXPLAINED
WHAT CHRIST HAD ACCOMPLISHED FOR ME A MISERABLE SINNER.
WITH MUCH REMORSE I WAS LED TO ACCEPT JESUS AS LORD AND SAVIOUR AND AT THE END WITH MUCH JOY GIVEN ENTRANCE INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD - THAT WAS 51 YEARS AGO.

THE JOY AND CONVICTION OF WHO CHRIST IS AND WHAT HE ACCOMPLISHED FOR ME ON THE CROSS HAS NEVER LEFT ME.

I CAN ALSO FEEL AND UNDERSTAND GOD, WHO HAVING ALLOWED HIS SON TO BE SPAT ON, FLOGGED AND THEN CRUCIFIED FOR ALL MANKIND, THEN HAS TO WITNESS MEN ATTEMPTING TO CIRCUMVENT THE CROSS WITH ALL THE JUNK AND
PROSPERITY WHICH THEY FEED TO PEOPLE WHO
ONLY WISH TO HEAR WHAT SUITS THEM.

MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL, WHO
ALONG WITH ST PAUL, ARE AND WERE THE CHIEF OF SINNERS.

RON
Ron,

Well said.

To the others following this; as a person who actually physically attended Lakewood, I can tell you that I never heard the message of the cross preached. What I did hear at the beginning of the service was Victoria Osteen giving a short sermon on giving tithes, and how that the more you gave the more would be given back to you, and she was specifically speaking to the audience to give money. Joel would then go into his message which amounted to a "name it and claim it" or a positive attitude message about how you choose to react to things in your life. The inference from all of this was that God wanted to bless you materially and that those blessings would be directly related to 1. how much you gave, and 2. your positive attitude or faith that He would give it to you. There was a lot of talk about God's favor and the implication was that if you have a positive attitude, change your thinking, and give, you'll realize that favor and have an abundant life. That was the way it was when I was there.

Now, yes there was an invitation given at the end of the message. But the implication that was implanted was to accept Christ so that you could cash in on God's favor. I can honestly say I never heard the message of the Cross preached. Maybe it was when I wasn't there, but the time I was going, including some Wednesday nights, I never heard it. And that is where the "rub" is. The "name it and claim it" along with the promise to improve your material standing wins a lot of followers, but the message of the Cross wins the souls. And that is the ultimate duty and purpose of the Church, to preach the gospel of the Cross so that the lost will come to know Christ as their Saviour. And it's not about beating people over the head with doom and gloom, it's simply the message of the Cross. Once that's preached, the Spirit of God will take over from there. The prophets pointed to it, Jesus taught it and fulfilled it, and Paul as well as the other disciples based everything they preached on it. If you want to check the theology behind that, read the prophets, all the New Testament, and pay particular close attention to Galatians 2: 20 where Paul says, " I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me". It all starts and hinges on the Cross.

Let me ask some questions; If Jesus says that many will be before him on judgment day saying "Lord, Lord" and He says that He will say "get from me, I never knew you", who is He talking about? And if He says that there will be many false teachers and we are to not be led astray, who is He talking about? If He is warning us of wolves in sheep's clothing, who is He talking about? And if the scripture says that many will be led astray by false doctrines, who is it talking about? He is not necessarily talking about other religions or schools of thoughts. He is talking about those who cloak themselves in just enough of God's truth to make the lie seem true and plausible. That's what satan does and he knows scripture as well as any of us. Didn't he quote it to Jesus when he was tempting him?

Folks, who you listen to and put your faith in is serious business, and the answers/guidelines are in the complete WORD of GOD. That's why John says to test everything against the scriptures and let the Holy Spirit be your guide. And that is just as important today as it was in the days, months, and years following the Crucifixion. Now even though being a child of God carries blessings with it, that is not the end goal. And too many people are being taken in and deceived thinking that it is. The end goal is to glorify God by being obedient to God's Word and letting Christ live through you. That is reiterated over and over in the New Testament. And it is through that, that we receive God's blessings. If you can find a sound theology that doesn't "cherry pick" the scriptures but takes them as a whole and deals with an emphasis on earthly prosperity, let me know. Until then, the message for me to teach, preach, and pass on (just as it was for the disciples) is the Cross and Christ alone.

God bless all of you out there,

John
To Glenn,

Amen and AMEN!!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service