All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I enjoy listening to bands such as Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Judas Priest.  They are secular bands although the drummer from Iron Maiden is a born again Christian.  My question is is it wrong for me to listen to these bands?  They sure make my drive to and from work more tolarable

Views: 7712

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes they do. A great starting point is to determine whether the agenda is godly or ungodly. Keep in mind that godly means with God and ungodly means without God. If the agenda is without God then one needs to investigate whether the agenda is permissible or not according to the Word of God before moving forward.

Lord Bless,

LT

Snowblind came up on pandora and i went nuts for it i have never experienced a sound so perfect in all my life but since they are bad i will not listen to them though

If the words in music are bad there are also instrumentals that you can listen to i download mine from youtube to workout to

I work out to pantera and metallica instrumentals helps me to blast away fat and have tons of fun while doing it

st anger is my fav one 

Hi john,

You know, I like one band you mentioned, Iron Maiden. My opinion? I don't have a problem with some bands. I like mostly Christain Metal bands,(Stryper, Demon Hunter, Petra, those sort of bands. I never figured out why for years the church has labeled certain bands, "Demonic". When I was growing up me and my brother both bought a Kiss Cassette and my parent destroyed it saying it was a bunch of Satan worshippers. It wasn't until I read in a new article of Paul Stanley and Gene that Genes of jewish faith and Pauls catholic. Hmmm, Interesting considering what I've been told in may past. Basically what I'm trying to say is that there's not anything wrong with listening to these bands. I find it ignorant that the people of the church jumps to things that they cant back up. Anyway, that's it. Oh, and I'm surprised that the drummer for Iron is christain. So isAlice Cooper and the lead singer for Megadeth. Interesting huh?

Well, glad to chat with ya.

Larry

Wow Larry,

Nothing wrong with kiss and other bands like them, wow!!! The list of what's wrong with them is too long to even get started.

People can say what they want about what religion they belong to but if their life style denies that with shouts.... than are they really whatever they claim they are? Dave Mustain (Megadeath) does seem to be sincere about his faith and has stopped playing some of the songs he himself wrote when he was not born again. He remains cussing and doing other things that show that he is not very mature in some areas, but he does boldly proclaim he is in Christ and that is cool.

there is a bunch wrong in listening to such bands. 

I love rock and metal music because it keeps me in great shape and keeps my house clean

Is that Christian Rock and Metal or worldly one? Cause the worldly one is full of garbage for the most. Just wondering :)

It may get you in shape and  help you keep your house clean, but what does that matter when it kills your soul and pollutes the mind?

Its pantera, Metallica, nu metal and rap metal bands stuff like that

Ok, what about christain metal such as Demon Hunter, and Rock Bands such as Petra and Stryper whom Jimmy Swaggert claimed they were pagans right before his scandal. Also, what about Sandi Patty's affair that came out in the early 90s along with Ray Boltz coming out of the closest. I don't listen to them because their beliefs conflicts with what the Bible teaches us. Now, I find it a problem for these two singers to market themselves out there and people putting them on a pedestal  when they have done such damage to not only the Christain music industry but even more importantly to God and the Church. I find the church is being too separate in one way and too close such as Boltz and Patti in others.

Larry

Larry,

You are mixing two things and trying to call it an apples for apples when that is not the case. If the band is ungodly (without God) and play music that is against God then it is not acceptable for the child of God to listen.

The failures of these individuals can only be called by one name ... sin. We do not lift up sin ever as a Christian. We do not glorify sin in any way ever. Now one can debate whether Swaggert and Patti repented and asked God to forgive them. In reality only God can know for certain at the time and we can get a picture as we see their fruit or lack of fruit over time.

So what you mixed was the worldly who reject God and the godly, or at least profess to be His, who fail God. One is a lost soul and the other is a child of God who will experience the discipline of God because God loves them as His child (Heb. 12).

Regarding damage done to the church and God. God is unchanged. The church, the true church, who knows God and man is unchanged. We never condone sin and yet we know that through repentance there is forgiveness for sin. If one commits sin and continues to rebel and live in sin then the church should respond according to Scripture and not emotion with the goal always to be restoration not condemnation of the wayward child of God.

Food for thought.

Grace - Amen!

To die to this life and self is what we are commanded to do.

24Truly, truly, I say to you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it stays alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit. 25He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it to life eternal. 26If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor. …

Philippians 1:21 

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labor: yet what I shall choose I know not. 23For I am in a strait between two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: …

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Philippians 1:22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!

Luke 9:24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.

Blessings family

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service