All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I enjoy listening to bands such as Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Judas Priest.  They are secular bands although the drummer from Iron Maiden is a born again Christian.  My question is is it wrong for me to listen to these bands?  They sure make my drive to and from work more tolarable

Views: 7712

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I look through the lyrics to  snowblind though there was nothing about god in them

Delete

Snowblind

What you get and what you see
Things that don't come easily
Feeling happy in my vein       ------  injecting drugs in your vein
Icicles within my brain            ------ he is going to Lala land
(cocaine)                                    ------    cocaine

Something blowing in my head               ------- Demons rule the air. Ephesians 6
Winter's ice, it soon will spread              
Death would freeze my very soul
Makes me happy, makes me cold

My eyes are blind but I can see   ------ yes, he is blind, but he can see the spirit world, not the Godly one

The snowflakes glisten on the tree
The sun no longer sets me free        
I feel there's no place freezing me

Let the winter sun shine on
Let me feel the frost of dawn
Fill my dreams with flakes of snow     -----   with cocaine
Soon I'll feel the chilling glow

Don't you think I know what I'm doing
Don't tell me that it's doing me wrong
You're the one who's really a loser
This is where I feel I belong

Crystal world with winter flowers
Turns my day to frozen hours
Lying snowblind in the sun  
Will my ice age ever come?

Snowblind was one of my many favorites from black sabbath. A snowbald is a combination of cocaine and heroin, which is what snowblind is alluding to.

Nothing bad about god is mentioned the snow blind song 

altho i see your point

I also like White Lion When the Children Cry are they bad also?

This was my favorite song from them. I think their music is just music, i don't listen to them any more because my preference has change, but I enjoyed listening to this song againg. Once upon a time my hair was the same lenght and curly, just like the singers.

haha White Lion Wow totally 80's

Music is one of those subjects where the answer will be different depending on who you speak to. I listen to a wide variety of music from Tim Hughes and Kim Walker to Linkin Park and Coldplay. I've also listen to the likes of Rob Zombie because I like the bass. I also listen to UK Rave Hardcore, I enjoy that music and I've worshiped to it.  Not listening to certain music does not make you a better Christian than someone who does, your taste is music is not the benchmark which determines whether you are born again.

Now, there are certain songs and types of music that is dedicated to worshiping Satan and I would avoid those songs but that's my choice. But I don't immediately write off an entire band or singer because they've done a song that isn't the most Godly. Black Eyed Peas, Linkin Park; I've found some extremely Godly themes and thought provoking stuff in some of their work.

I've found the below interesting

So in short, ask Jesus and let him guide you. If he guides you somewhere different to someone else, so be it. He knows you better than anyone

Grazer,

I have seen that video before and commented on it on a previous post. The young brother on the vid has some good points, but is way off on others and he is definitely not the authority on the subject, just like you and I are not, but the word of God is the authority. Your opinion of music is wrong. You can try to justify it a million ways to satisfy your immaturity on this subject, but at the end of the day is wrong. As you mature in Christ on this area hopefully you will see that. Before you get all angry and hurt noticed I did not say you are immature in all areas of your life, but you are in your choice of music. We, as born again believers are call to be set apart from those things that even have the appearance of evil, but we now even teach that those things that are detestable to God are acceptable. Do you really think God is ok with the Black Eye Peas and LP? Do you think God doesn't care about such things?

Do symbols such as the ones made by BEP & LP members mean something or am I and others who understand their agenda just a bit or a lot paranoid and crazy?

When music is such a big part of your life that you can debate night and day for it, it is a sure sign of a person's maturity level on that subject. To try to defend what God calls evil is wrong and you are wrong when it comes to this subject. You can fine a gazillion ways to justify it or come back and say you don't have to justify it at all for who am I or anyone to tell you what is acceptable or not, well, we are your family in Christ and when you post comments that do not edify those who are seeking truth and freedom from all the garbage of the world, I will speak as I do here.

If you want to listen to it, that is between you and God, but for you to hint that black eyes peas and linkin park are acceptable is not cool, not cool at all. Do not call evil good.

Never said he was the authority, just that I found his thoughts interesting and isn't this what the forum is for? Ultimately, we all have our views and all feel were being guided by God on it, including you and me. I think we agree more than you make out, we both agree that music is powerful and there are certain things to avoid, we just disagree on what those things are. But please don't make the mistake in assuming you're the only one to have thought about and prayed about this. Jeffrey Bethke may not be the authority but neither are you and he isn't questioning whether people are truly born again purely on the basis of what music they listen to.

As for black eyed peas and linkin park, I merely said I'd found some godly and thought provoking things in some of their lyrics, doesn't make them godly which is why I put the bit about not writing them off totally. I never said anyone should listen to them, just putting my experience to help support my point. It's up the OP and whoever reads it what they do with my post. They can agree with it, reject i as you have, ask questions; all are fine with me.

As I said, to me this is a subject that's between the individual and God. Right, where's my glow sticks?

Grazer,

We do have a lot more in comon than what we don't and on those things we have differences in, they tend to be secondary issues.

What we listen to and who we endores matters a lot.

Here is Kesha one of the "HoT" artist of today very casually speaking of sleeping with a demon, of having intercourse with a demon. There is an aganda in the music industry, to ignore it, is to be blind to it.

Every industry has an agenda, including the Christian one

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service