All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

We often hear when something happens that it was the will of God. I just read a blog someone posted at another site and he said "When human nature takes you to a place where you focus on the WHAT Ifs… it is human nature that wants you to be in pain and blame God for your pain. The beauty though... in the rationale of the question that preceded this sentence is that human (carnal) nature acknowledged the fact that God has all power without carnal nature realizing it just acknowledged God has all power. Yes it hurts… but it was all in God’s will."

Yet is is not God's will that ANY should perish yet we know many do. We know it wasn't God's will that Adam and Eve disobey Him yet they did.

I don't believe everything that happens is God's will. God gave us freedom of choice and sometimes our choices may take away another's choice. It's not God's will that it happens but neither will He remove the choice He gave.

Views: 473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amanda, you said ", God has the power to heal someone but when healing doesn't come, it is within God's will that it doesn't come. Some one might say, well it's the person's fault that they aren't healed -- poor faith or not giving up sin, etc ... But, still, whatever the reason is that healing doesn't come, it's God's will not to heal the person."

I'm in agreement with you there. Don't misunderstand: I'm not saying that overcoming means we get everything "fixed". Overcoming means we live by faith and find the strength for endurance and do not succumb to the prideful or selfish ways of this world. It means we keep walking as Pilgrims, trusting that God has something better for us and that this world is not our home. Sometimes it means there is healing. Sometimes it means we learn to live fruitfully despite having a huge deficit of some kind. 

I've experienced healing. I've also experienced prolonged suffering without healing. I've prayed for many years that my wife's health would return, only to discover that it is not going to return if I stay where we have lived for 20 years. I'm forced to make radical changes in my life, completely obliterating my comfort zone, to pursue a way to overcome the situation. I will not yield to believe that she must stay this way. I must change the situation at all cost. Is God sovereign over that? Of course. But I cannot see God as being unmercifully cruel and forcing anyone to live in pain for some arbitrary thrill. This life has trouble, suffering, misery and ...God has mercy, blessing, peace and hope to offer us who will trust in Him. We trust Him to give us means to overcome and strength to endure. 

Does God force me to suffer? No. There's just stuff in this broken world that causes suffering. It's a messed up world and I have an imperfect body. I can't blame God for that. If anything, I'd have to blame Adam. Is God causing my wife to live in misery? No. Could he change it? Sure. But, that's not His purpose apparently. He's putting the power to change that situation into my hands and expecting me to find a solution. Will I ever find a perfect solution that fixes everything for all time? Not in this life. But I will overcome, by faith in God's abiding presence and help. 

Greetings Group,

Some most excellent words going in this thread...............

Let me just emphasize what has been alluded to earlier........most of the time we just don't know the full story.

Case in point - Book of John, Chapter 9, starting with verse one.........

The disciples were trying to guess, and figure out why the guy was blind.....and Jesus SHOWED them the answer by giving him sight........while giving God glory. Who woulda' thought at verse one?

This is probably the case in people's lives, sometimes taking years, right?

My 2 cents is - not to try to figure these things out in advance. Just wear hockey gear on your legs while sitting at the desk, and be cool............

Grace and Peace.

Any other day Richard you would bring a smile with your 2 cents.  Just pray for a better day for me as I face some very hurtful things please. 

Char,

Praying....................

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service