All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I have several gay family members. And I try to voice my thoughts about this.I think that it is a sin,that it is wrong and it wasnt part of God's plan for us. Am I wrong?
Where do I find where GOD talks about gays and where he destroyed Sodem and Gamora? I do not know my bible quite well yet, I am still reading and learning.
Thank you,
Chelle

Views: 464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My dear brothers and sisters,

Consider this....

WHERE WOULD THE HUMAN RACE BE IF ALL HUMANS PRACTICED HOMOSEXUALITY?
Hi Tim,

I am pointing this out because I think you may have mistyped it? Is this a typo?

You said this:
I am currently straight and completely cured of my previous sins. I still have sex with men, but I am most definitely NOT a homosexual as I am married with three wonderful children.

Thanks for clarifying so that there is no confusion in this discussion.
Hi Tim,

how do you define being cured of your previous sins?
okay.. interesting. You still haven't answered my question. Here it is again:

how do you define being cured of your previous sins?
Then why are you here?
Forgive you.. yes of coarse! Allow you to stay.. not likely!

Do you make a convincing point? No! you don't.

You are accountable to God. Even though you don't believe in God, it doesn't mean He's not real!

1Cr 2:10 [fn] For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

1Cr 2:11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.

1Cr 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God,

1Cr 2:13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, [fn] combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

1Cr 2:14 But [fn] a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually [fn] appraised.

I would genuinely like to answer any questions...and truly I mean any questions. If you become argumentative, you will be banned from this site. If you are here to merely cause trouble, you will be banned. If you are seeking, which I think one small part of you may be questioning your own beliefs (a person doesn't end up on a Christian site just merely because he's bored) then I know that my brothers and sisters here will do all they can to pray for you, with you, and to help you learn and grow. I used to think as you do, and now I feel sad for you.

2Cr 4:1 And so, since God in his mercy has given us this wonderful ministry, we never give up.

2Cr 4:2 We reject all shameful and underhanded methods. We do not try to trick anyone, and we do not distort the word of God. We tell the truth before God, and all who are honest know that.

2Cr 4:3 If the Good News we preach is veiled from anyone, it is a sign that they are perishing.

2Cr 4:4 Satan, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe, so they are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News that is shining upon them. They don't understand the message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

2Cr 4:5 We don't go around preaching about ourselves; we preach Christ Jesus, the Lord. All we say about ourselves is that we are your servants because of what Jesus has done for us.

2Cr 4:6 For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness," has made us understand that this light is the brightness of the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.

I pray the Holy Spirit will open your eyes.
Yes, Tom, I continue to reference the bible because it has the final say and it is the final authority.

Regarding what muslims believe, clearly you are misinformed by how God is reaching many muslims through dreams and visions. Muslims are genuine seekers, and God meets them where they are. They too must repent and receive JEsus as Lord and Savior, but they are seeking.

You are speaking to a former athiest...so there is nothing you can say to me that will shock me nor will it deter me from the truth I now know.

I don't speak my personal opinion because that is what you are doing. I speak scripture, because it trumps my personal opinion.. Interestingly, my personal opinion is that Jesus is God, and He is the way the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father but through Him...it also happens to be the truth. Only God can show you that.

Would I read the books you mentioned.. No! I've been down that road of death and I will not go there again. Am I close minded because of it.. You bet I am!
Tim (Tom/Imperator/J.W. etc),

Check out what your hero has to say about real issues. Your boy - Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion). He believes aliens hahaha might have seeded humanity. Man if this is the man you look up to - you are in trouble.
Tim (Tom/Imperator/J.W. etc)

Your true colors always come out. Why do you keep doing this?

I have read The God Delusion and i am familiar with Nietzsche and Kant and their arguments.

You pray that we do not go our entire life believing this stuff.
You pray - to who do you pray to? Would you make up your mind, do you believe or you don't believe? You contradict yourself.
hahaha You are funny. I do not claim to be a scientist or a philosopher but at least I done a bit of research. You should try it; it will keep you from making silly statements.

The word of God must be interpreted in context. You take verses out and try to ridicule something you are far from understanding. Typical of folks who chose to offend rather than intelligently discuss issues.

Again Tom - you cannot understand Spiritual things unless you are Spiritual and if you want prove of that, well, let’s see - does the testimony of about 2.1 billion Christians do it for you or are we all delusional. hahahaha In any court of law 2.1 billion testimonies of evidence would suffice, but not in your logical book huh? You know what dude? You know God is real that is why you fight so hard to prove otherwise. Why would you fight so hard for something that is not real, what would that make you? Delusional maybe hahaha. How come Jesus upsets you and not Buddha or any other god? Cause Jesus is real and you know it.

You said:
Centuries before Jesus there was Horus, Lord Krishna, and many others, all identical to your deity Jesus.

Dude get a clue and go study before you make such embarrassing statement. Actually pathetic ones. hahahha check this discussion out and after learning something come back and tell me if you think a silly wabit as Horus is similar to Jesus. Please man, get a clue.
http://www.allaboutgod.net/group/allaboutgodnet/forum/topics/the-ne...

Pictures of Horus - how can this be compare to Jesus, hahahaha The world is so hungry for an excuse to not served God and in search of a quick buck that they come up with anything and everything

Ohhh Tom you don't ruin my reality at all or up set me - you crack me up, hahahaha that you do lost friend. hahaha you make statements as if you were some authority and you are more blind than a bat hahahaha you trip me out dude.
Laters gator.
Tim - if you truly want to discuss some issues that you may have with the Christian faith, let's do it in private. We don't have to be on the Forums doing this. I do not need the spot light, do you?

So hit me up in private messages man and let's debate all you want, Hopefully our Lord will work in your heart through it and you come to understand truth and not erroneous conclusions that stem from false information. I am game if you are man.

But putting my silly sense of humor a side man, why are you so mad at God? What has He done to you?

You said you are bore, well I am not bore, but I do enjoy discussing these issues, so what say you man?

My Lord bless you friend
Tim,

Each rebuttal you make us merely personal opinion... very very weak.

You have no historical substantiation for these opinions which you desire to speak as fact.

If you want to continue this discussion, then I do require that you open another forum discussion rather than hijacking this discussion. I appreciate your cooperation with this.

Let's talk Biology .. indeed. Start a new forum discussion on that, We welcome it! :)

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service