All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Many Christians experience dry spells. 

Do any of you have a story about a dry spell you previously or even recently endured?

What did you do about it?

Views: 737

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Michelle,

I agree with everyone. Just thought I would share this...

I live in Wisconsin, as you can imagine, with the recall of our governor, people are evenly divided on both sides of the issues. I can get wrapped up in politics pretty easy. Lately I felt a dry spell. 

When I read your question I thought to myself....maybe this recall election had pulled me away from my personal time with God. Guess what? It has. I haven't spent as much time as I usually do talking to God. That will change...now. Thanks.

I also find going to AAG helps.

God Bless

God is soooo coool

Gary

Gary,

Being in leadership here on TheNET (AAG) can be draining and at times I feel like I am going through a dry spell, then I read a comment like yours and it reminds me that it is all worth it ...

Lord Bless,

LT

I've read a couple comments like that today where people have stated that AAG is helping them grow.  It is encouraging and uplifting to hear that.  I'm so very thankful that God has given us this venue for learning and fellowship.

It's encouraging to hear people speak freely about their dry spells and the things they do to come out of them.  There is no pretense....no boasting....  it's an encouraging word amongst siblings in Christ to press on.  It's beautiful and pleasing to God.

Amen!!!

**hugs** Michelle

It is encouraging and helpful to all of us.

In dry spells – Huh? What are those, I have never hit one.

Haha just kidding –

On my first dry spell, I still remember,  the Lord was teahing me to grow up Spiritually to the point where I do what was pleasing to him, not only because of the good feelings associated with God’s manifested presence in our lives, but simply because I trusted His word, even when I did not hear his voice. He wanted me to be established in his truth regardless of circumstances, emotions, feelings etc…

I cry out to him when the dry spells are taking long. I tell him I cannot do this without his touch and manifested presence, that I need his manifested love and that I miss him. I cry out to him and tell him to bless me with himself.

David,

On my first dry spell, I still remember,  the Lord was teahing me to grow up Spiritually to the point where I do what was pleasing to him, not only because of the good feelings associated with God’s manifested presence in our lives, but simply because I trusted His word, even when I did not hear his voice. He wanted me to be established in his truth regardless of circumstances, emotions, feelings etc…

I totally relate to this eh.   The 'eh' is a little touch of Canada from me to you. :-)

Michelle,

For clarity sake, I do not mean that all dry spells are caused by us. I am not sure if you have taken my comment that way. I examine myself first and if I find something wrong I then address the something, but often I find nothing wrong and thus I press on and into Jesus.

Lord Bless,

LT

Meditate on God's Word !

Meditate means, The English meditation is derived from the latin meditatio, from a verb meditari, meaning "to think, contemplate, devise, ponder, meditate and to imagine ( also chew the cud )

Therefore chew on God's Word, one word at a time, dont rush through reading  it

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither (dry up); and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 

I hope this helps ya.

Yes it happened during this Christmas season. The whole month of December I did not attend church or went to bible study. I was pretty much unhappy during the whole Christmas season. I had a friend visiting from England, and a sick little boy for 7 days. I did have discussions pertaining to the gospel, but was not fulfilling my own self.

And what did I do about it? I told the Lord that I was sorry, and he rewarded me by introducing me to this great site.

Very nice message Michelle. I too belong to a wonderful church. I get very emotional and can feel the presence of the Lord at every sermon I go to. The message is so moving that I can't help but well up. I am sometimes puzzled by the fact that as I look around the church at the people that they are not moved like I am. Maybe I just wear my heart on my sleeve.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service