All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Mt 10:34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
“ ‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Mt 10:36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Children and Parents

Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 “that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”

Eph 6:4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord
These two versus seem to be somewhat contradictory.

I believe in Eph 6:1, it is referring to CHILDREN, not grown children . But, the Eph 6:2 states "honor your father and mother"… yet in Matthew 10:35 Jesus Christ states: "For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother…"

Do these two statements seem contradictory - or maybe not, but how does one be against his father or mother and in Matthew 10:36 "a man's enemies will be the members of his own household." and uphold the commands in Eph 6:1-4.

Views: 1350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David - you are right, I am aware there are not contradictions in the Bible, just in some cases, it seems so. I appreciate you and everyone else who responded, The best reason for the question was to help my daughter understand the word of the lord even better. I could not explain this paradoxical question well, but my Christian Brother's and Sister's helped.

Thanks for your kind word, encouragement and support.

Leland
Thank you for sharing beloved and we appreciate you as well.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service