All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

IS IT A SIN TO BE FRIENDS WITH A HOMOSEXUAL?

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 Corinthians 6
Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers

14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[b]? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

By God's grace I have been in Christ for 16 years and never in that time have I had a unbeliever as a best friend or even close friend. We have nothing in common, I want to talk about the Lord, go to church etc... And they don't. The co-workers and unbelievers I do come in contact with, who God places on my path and life are there for one reason and one reason only, for me to share Christ with them. Sharing Christ with them of course envelops a variety of functions and activities, but all are guided by the Lord and with one goal, to evangelize them.

So your question - Is it a sin to be friends with a homosexual or anyone practicing a life style of sin for that matter is not as easy as a yes or a no. Friendship would have to be defined, for we are not to be friends of the world. I have discover that is almost impossible to have a real friendship with persons who do not share the most important part of my life. They will not want to be around you as before because your speech and actions are or should be seasoned with everything pertaining to God and godliness.

I have found that building a true friendship with an unbeliever is almost impossible, because I have little in common with them. My goal with all unbelievers is to share Christ with them without shoving god down their throat, but using godly wisdom and following the guidance of the spirit.

We also have to define friendship as brother Edward has mentioned. This is not a statement directed directly to you, but just a statement to make us think.

If you can walked with the world, are you really walking with God?
David, we all 'walk with the world' (as you put it) everyday with non believers, homosexual or not.
To me, walking with the world is also behaving in the same way as those unbelievers...you can most certainly be friends with unbelievers and walk with God...look at the life our Saviour Jesus lead...
Moomins,

My statement: Sharing Christ with them of course envelops a variety of functions and activities, but all are guided by the Lord and with one goal, to evangelize them.

I wrote that in my previous comment because we live in the world, but we are not of the world or should not be of the world, yet we sharing Christ with the unbelievers envelops a variety of functions and activities in which they are not our enemies, but our fellow humans and yes friends. I believe with all my heart that Jesus and the apostles and ALL Christians since them, understand that our goal with the unbelieving world is to preach the Gospel to them by actions and word through a variety of activities.
There has to be a very real difference/division between the world and us. An unspoken one at times, but a real one.

What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? Scripture is clear.

1 Corinthians 9:22
To the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

We do all that is possible to bring as many to Christ as we possibly can, while never joining in their sin or compromising our faith.

John 17:18
As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world

We are sent into the world, but what do we have in common with the world for them to want to be around us? Nothing! If they are willing to listen to our references to God as we share time with them is because God is working in their heart.

Matthew 5:14
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.

John 15:19
If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you

When we are the Light, we expose darkness and darkness does not like that at all.

I understand what you are saying Sister Moomins and I thank God that He has placed you where you are and pray He uses you mightily sister. I have never been able to establish friendships with the world that would be consider True, deep friendships. They know sooner or later what my Goal is. To win them to Christ and some want to listen and become brothers and sisters and some don't and have no desire to be around me because of my motives to introduce them to Christ. There are no set times for that to happened, so it can be 15 years you talk and sit to have coffee with your unbelieving neighbor.

I hope I explained myself better here. The people of the world are not our enemies and we are not to think that we are better or superior to them, because we are now saved by grace. We are to be compassionate with them.

In Christ.
Dave
My dear brothers and sisters,

It says in the bible that homosexuality is a sin, therefore, beings friends with them doesn't that mean you are condoning and sympathising with them?
Imperator, I do not belive that this is so....I am friends with many homosexual people and in no way do I condone what they do, but I accept them with love and be friends with them, without compromising my faith,
the life I lead is witness to them.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service