All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

IS IT A SIN TO BE FRIENDS WITH A HOMOSEXUAL?

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I belive it isnt a sin to be freinds with gays as the gospel does not condone hate of any kind. i would however like to highlite that it might have a danger, when you walk in convernant (befriend) with people for the time of the day you spend with them there certain things that are imparted in the spirit 4rm u 2 them & vice versa, so you must apply caution to certain level for the bible says do not fool youself BAD COMPANY CORRUPTS GOOD CHARACTER . love ppl just as they are, you owe them that much, for Jesus luvs u even when you are deep in sin.
It's not a sin to be friends with an homosexual. But if you profess to be a christian God has placed you in an unique situation. I believe God is giving you an opportunity to minister to your friend in some sort of way. I suggest you go to God in Prayer and Fasting to get your answer. Do you agree with their lifestyle?
Greetings all,

The original question opens up two other questions that really need to be answered before the orignal question can be addressed.

1) What is a Biblical definition of friendship? (This includes how friends relate to each other and what they will do for each other, commitment, etc...)
2) What restrictions, if any, are given to Chritians regarding friendships and with whom we are truly capable of having a biblical friendship with?

Lord Bless,
LT
Hello Nicki, I was once a bi Sexual, even when i became a christian i still stuggled with my self and would look at pictures of gay men, When doing this my inner spirit convicted me to the bone, I haven't looked at a gay picture now for over 4 years and God in his mercy has guided me to come to terms with what i once did. I'm forgiven!!, In repentace Nicky God forgives our confssed sins, these days i'm tottaly free, and if the chance arose i would be able to hep and relate to a gay man who was looking into christianity, God loves us, it's not what we do it's what we believe, then from what we believe we begin to do, if we show our love and the light of Jesus to the lost, then there's a good chance they will follow, be blessed. Paul
Thank you Paul and God bless you! The question came about when I met a very nice guy and we have become friends but my father said that I should not associate with him because of this. I am a happily married woman and just had my first child. I feel that I can be an example of Gods love and what he intended. If you have any further advise I would welcome it. Thank you and God Bless you in your walk with him!
Hiya Nicky, well the only advice i can give i think you already know Nicki, Jesus died for every body all sinners, pray for your dad to be a little more open minded on this, and perhaps see if you can get your friend along to Church or fellowship or both with you and your husband,
I heard a story not so long ago that a gay guy was given a bible here not to far from our town, he read about how God detest's such things and threw the bible away, he went to a gay night club that night where the holy spirit convicted him of his sin, he changed compleatly repented over night, and now is happily married and a minister of his own Church...so dont give up Nicky...let your light continue to shine for other to follow. be blessed.Paul
hi nicki
I Cor.15:33 says bad companions corrupt good morals
my mother is 87 and says birds of a feather flock
together. It might not be a sin, but is it wise?
when i was young a hung around many who
did not follow Gods ways I became more like
them than them me. when i decided to follow
Christ a separation happened... it is a natural thing.
No, it is not to sin to be a friend of someone who is a Homosexual. But, it is a sin participate in their behavior. God Loves all sinners,but He hates their sinful behaviors. We are not to condone sin of any kind, nor are we to compromise with them or their sins.
Hi Nicki, I also am friends with a guy who is homosexual. I have known him for years through the school system. I drove a bus and he taught at the same school. He also taught two of my boys in Junior High. We retired the same year ( three years ago) and have become very good friends. I do get very strange looks when we are together. We sit together in church too. He is very well respected and known in the community as he taught school for many years. We were sitting in a coffee shop one day and a man got right up out of his seat and came over to him and shook his hand.
It's not a sin to be friends with a homosexual, but that person's influence on you should not be stronger then your influence on him/her. If former were the case, that spirit could attach itself to you and cause you to behave in that manner. I believe if you are a Bible-believing Christian that knows the Word of God and is secure in your faith, then it could be beneficial for you to associate yourself with this person to tell him/her about the love of God and what Jesus did for their sins. If you have doubts in your mind about Christian faith and practices, you should not personally associate yourself with this person for your own benefit. Pray about it, I will pray for you also. God Bless you!
I'm finding this discussion about homsexuality come up more often, from my daughter, who is married , but knows many young youths who accept this. I will , from your discussions here, be better equipped to tell her things like"hate the sin, but love the sinner!" Good one Moomins!
No, its not a sin to be friends with a homosexual. Instead, its better to focus on bringing them closer to Jesus and realize God doesn't agree with that path. That doesn't mean you have to support their descision. -Sarah:]

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service